• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Hey Liabe.

I've been using this thread lately to find titles with HDR for my new 4K TV

Thanks so much for all the work you did putting the thread together and work you do updating it.

It's very, very useful and very much appreciated!

Kevin

Really wish more games would support Pro features. Maybe now that the Xbox One X is coming, more companies will start supporting these higher powered consoles.

hawk2025

Yooka-Laylee remains one of the biggest profile game to just completely abstain from Pro support well after launch of the console.

Shameful for Team 17 and Playtronic, IMO.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yooka-Laylee remains one of the biggest profile game to just completely abstain from Pro support well after launch of the console.

Shameful for Team 17 and Playtronic, IMO.

Wasn't Yooka-Laylee on one of the XBX lists? If so, they might do a patch for both of the premium consoles at the same time like Witcher 3 is. I know Doom was on that list too, really hoping that gets some Pro love.

Haines

Banned
So I have actually completely ignored boost mode. I remember it having a negative effect on a couple games. Does that still stand true?

Maybe it's just default set to on and I don't even realize It.

I assume I should just use boost mode on all the time?

Second question. I keep hearing the pro support has sucked but the last ps4 game I bought was horizon.

Are they talking strictly for 1080p games or is there a ton of games just not taking advantage of the pro at all?

dsk1210

Persona 5 is really disappointing on the pro, no enhancement whatsoever and some of the textures are terrible quality, it's like they just ported the game over from ps3 without using the extra VRAM for better textures.

No AA either, really fucking lazy for a game that was in development for about 6 years.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So DOOM is getting a Xbox One X update any word for PS4 Pro?

I tried searching and couldn't find a source for this, can you share it please ?

If they're doing an XB X patch, no point why there won't be a Pro patch.

Sorry for the delay updating, E3 and real life intervened. I've added games as listed in the OP, but with a couple notes. First, I don't know the true resolution of FF XIV: Stormblood in the high-res mode. The material I found indicates at least 1440p, but it may be higher. If anyone can post 4K screenshots, I can do further checks to nail this down.

Second, though it's only an update and only for Boost Mode, the games are big enough I thought people might be interested. I've added split sections for all three games in Bioshock: The Collection now, not just Infinite.

As always, any input in the form of videos, screenshots, or links is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Only one source though, I would wait a bit...
Note that RESOGUN's lower-resolution mode doesn't look like normal downsampling. So there's a possibility that Nex Machina uses the same method--with results not quite ideal--and that was misinterpreted. (Or, there's a possibility the prior game was misunderstood, and neither downsample.)

So I have actually completely ignored boost mode. I remember it having a negative effect on a couple games. Does that still stand true?
There's a list in the OP for reported problems, which is very short. This should not be taken as gospel, though, because it's even more anecdotal than other elements of the lists. But over time, the list has gotten shorter as stuff reported to have errors or crash turned out to be stuff that was happening on standard PS4 too, and not due to Boost Mode. (Plus SOMA, the most notorious problem child, was patched to fix it.)

I'm pretty sure it defaults to off. Yes, you should turn it on and leave it that way. It improves framerates on very many games--likely hundreds more than I have listed--and there seems to be very little drawback. Like it says on the option itself, only turn it off for specific games if you encounter errors.

Second question. I keep hearing the pro support has sucked but the last ps4 game I bought was horizon.

Are they talking strictly for 1080p games or is there a ton of games just not taking advantage of the pro at all?
Pro support is much less dramatic on 1080p displays even when present. And because there were years of games before Pro was even a thing, it is definitely the case that most PS4 games don't really take advantage.

But do most new games coming out do so? It's hard to tell. It seems most big games do have support (but not all). Smaller-scale games are more likely to skip it. I don't know where the divide lies exactly, partially because I simply can't check every game. My impression is that it's a majority of retail releases, but not of digital-only games.

bubumiao

Liabe Brave, just want to thank you for all the hard work you continue to put into this thread. It really is helpful for all of us pro owners to have a comprehensive list like this.

Felensis

Banned
Liabe Brave, just want to thank you for all the hard work you continue to put into this thread. It really is helpful for all of us pro owners to have a comprehensive list like this.

This. Thanks a mil! Got my Pro just yesterday and this thread is just awesome as a Pro owner.

Jonboy

http://p4gamers.com/nex-machina-review-twin-stick-awesomeness/

1080p on a 1080p display (900p on base PS4)

3360×1890 on a 4k display

Pretty huge res boost for 4k. That's almost 4.5x the pixel count

Wow, didn't realize it only ran at 900p on base PS4.

Sorry for the delay updating, E3 and real life intervened. I've added games as listed in the OP, but with a couple notes. First, I don't know the true resolution of FF XIV: Stormblood in the high-res mode. The material I found indicates at least 1440p, but it may be higher. If anyone can post 4K screenshots, I can do further checks to nail this down.

Just want to say...seriously good work keeping this thread up-to-date. This is my 1st place to check when it comes to PS4 Pro enhancements. Major props to you!

Mascot

Yep, fire and forget. It's pretty fantastic.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep, fire and forget. It's pretty fantastic.

This. Only game reported to have some issues with it was Soma but Soma's devs promptly put out a few patches to specifically address compatibility with Boost mode.

I personally haven't had any issues in any non Pro patched games via Boost mode.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh goodie, another game to throw on the lack of downsampling heap

Nex Machina on Pro at 1080p has very good image-quality imho. Its difficult to make real judgements because there's so much happening on-screen at once but, and this is all that really matters to me: No shimmering, and no frame-drops or pacing issues encountered so far.

Haines

Banned
Thank you liabe and fellows for the answers. I feel mucho informed. Going to turn on boost mode tonight. Im a silly man for not getting around to it but i have been busy playing my switch anyways.

So no downsampling for FF:XIV, but you get much better fps on an 2K-display in comparison to a 4K-display?
Yes, with one caveat. As with all multiplayer games/modes, some of the framerate drops in Stormblood could be due to erratic online performance. This may differ in the material being analyzed. So the true gap, if your network connection is smooth, may not be so significant.

thelastword

Banned
Just playing Rocket League on PS4 Pro, and even though it's 2160c, the image quality is pretty poor.
It's because they don't use proper AA if any...They could have used TAA to clean the jaggies which can be done much easier when you use CB, but nooooo.....One thing is clear, you still need AA at 4k...Fifa 17 has some shimmering too, that otherwise spoils a crisp image..

wbEMX

Got my Pro two days ago and this thread already helped me out a lot. Thanks for the great work!

The first game w. Pro support that I tested where I knew that supersampling was activated was Killing Floor 2. It was crazy how quickly I noticed the difference in quality. I played it the day before on my old base PS4 and that came nowhere close to the awesome IQ that it has on the Pro with my 1080p screen, plus the higher framerate.

It would've been amazing if supersampling was mandatory. For now I don't really get the full potential of the Pro, except for games like Horizon or Killing Floor 2.

darkwing

Got my Pro two days ago and this thread already helped me out a lot. Thanks for the great work!

The first game w. Pro support that I tested where I knew that supersampling was activated was Killing Floor 2. It was crazy how quickly I noticed the difference in quality. I played it the day before on my old base PS4 and that came nowhere close to the awesome IQ that it has on the Pro with my 1080p screen, plus the higher framerate.

It would've been amazing if supersampling was mandatory. For now I don't really get the full potential of the Pro, except for games like Horizon or Killing Floor 2.

other games like Paragon go from 900p to 1080p, it's a big difference having the native resolution on a TV

It's because they don't use proper AA if any...They could have used TAA to clean the jaggies which can be done much easier when you use CB, but nooooo.....One thing is clear, you still need AA at 4k...Fifa 17 has some shimmering too, that otherwise spoils a crisp image..
Specially when you are using Checkerboard Rendering. It helps a lot with CBR artifacts and else.

nOoblet16

TAA with CBR like methods will lead to a very blurry image if there isn't a sharpening pass at the end, see Rainbow Six Siege for example. But it will also lead to a very stable image and will often work very well to hide the artifacting, see Rainbow Six Siege again for example.a good CBR implementation with TAA and sharpening can lead to a relatively crisp and stable image....I think Horizon Zero Dawn is an example of this (might be wrong about it having TAA though, but fairly certain I'm not wrong).

Would've been nice if Siege had a sharpening pass, but the game came out when alternate rendering methods were in its infancy and weren't very developed. AFAIK it isn't even using a checkerboarding pattern, which I'd guess would've further improved the quality of image compared to what it has.

Top Bottom