• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn my only Amazon purchases were Sega, WB, and other tiny publishers :(

If anyone gets an Ubisoft voucher and isn't going to use it, I would really really appreciate it!

diggler41

Such a good deal. Had to buy both Lego LOTR(first Lego Steam game with achievements?) and Scribblenauts. Scribblenauts opening movie is charming me all to hell.

Fxp

So, what are the essential LEGO games (PC), what am I missing?

Just bought these from Amazon:
LEGO Batman
LEGO Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

P.S. Except Harry Potter games, I have 0% interest in those.

Addnan

Damn, just went through my game purchases, didn't buy any THQ games from Amazon :( Would have got the Darksiders pack just for the DLC

Lain

I want to make sure before I purchase it (don't want to end with a region locked game like with Inversion), Lego Lord of the Rings isn't region locked, right?

Santiako

Has anyone from Europe tried to play scribblenauts directly from the exe? I can't try that bc I'm at work, but I remember reading that the exe was drm free.

Tizoc

Accursed tax! Scribblenauts Unlimited is $7.49 but I'm being charged an extra $0.66. Is there a way to make it so that I buy a bunch of digital games and not get taxed for it?

I noticed Bulletstorm is on sale too, will check it out.

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GWJKE6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
OK I only want Bulletstorm and MAYBE Burnout Paradise, I assume these are seperate codes?
Also how can I add digital titles to my cart?

EDIT2: Ah OK one comment mentioned that only Burnout, ME and Saboteur redeem on Origin.
How are Mercenaries 2 and Saboteur? I'm not a big fan of FPS, but how is their SP campaign?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Accursed tax! Scribblenauts Unlimited is $7.49 but I'm being charged an extra $0.66. Is there a way to make it so that I buy a bunch of digital games and not get taxed for it?

I noticed Bulletstorm is on sale too, will check it out.

EDIT:
OK I only want Bulletstorm and MAYBE Burnout Paradise, I assume these are seperate codes?

EDIT2: Ah OK one comment mentioned that only Burnout, ME and Saboteur redeem on Origin.
How are Mercenaries 2 and Saboteur? I'm not a big fan of FPS, but how is their SP campaign?

Mercenaries 2 is pretty shitty in my opinion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Changing your US address may help, although if I'm not mistaken Amazon now charges CA residents sales tax as of September and despite this I've never had it added to my orders (I use the address of Google's CA-based HQ).

EDIT:

Yes, you get separate codes for each of the listed included items. It's not possible to add digital products to your cart; you have to purchase them one at time.

masterkajo

Anyone know how long the Battlefield 3 deal lasts? I just got my $5 promo for EA games but can't use it until tomorrow. Thanks

JaseC

Anyone know how long the Battlefield 3 deal lasts? I just got my $5 promo for EA games but can't use it until tomorrow. Thanks

It expires today, but BF3 Premium will be $30 from the 26th up until and including the 27th.

masterkajo

It expires today, but BF3 Premium will be $30 from the 26th up until and including the 27th.

Thanks.

But let me understand this correctly... EA gives me $5 for buying a game from them this year and then I can only use it on the 25th while BF3 is cheap from 23-24 and BF3P is cheap from 26-27. Nice one, EA!

JaseC

Thanks.

But let me understand this correctly... EA gives me $5 for buying a game from them this year and then I can only use it on the 25th while BF3 is cheap from 23-24 and BF3P is cheap from 26-27. Nice one, EA!

Yeah, it seems the 2K code is the only one that lasts more than a day (26th->31st).

The SR3 Season Pass will be $5 starting on Christmas, so that'll make it free with the coupon.

EDIT: Also, if the SR3 Full Package remains $7.50 into Christmas, that'll be only $2.50 w/ coupon.

froliq

Would I have to use a VPN everytime I want to play Scribblenauts? Or is it just required for the initial unlock?

didamangi

Would I have to use a VPN everytime I want to play Scribblenauts? Or is it just required for the initial unlock?

It's required just for the unlock, but you have to use VPN if you want steam achievements, play time record and overlay.

If you don't use VPN, browse to the game directory and directly click the exe file and you can play the game minus those steam features.

froliq

This.

Edit: Oh, apparently the exe is DRM-free. Nice.

It's required just for the unlock, but you have to use VPN if you want steam achievements, play time record and overlay.

If you don't use VPN, browse to the game directory and directly click the exe file and you can play the game minus those steam features.

Thanks for the answers. Will probably bite, because the .exe is DRM-free.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The SR3 Season Pass will be $5 starting on Christmas, so that'll make it free with the coupon.

EDIT: Also, if the SR3 Full Package remains $7.50 into Christmas, that'll be only $2.50 w/ coupon.

What coupon? Unless you mean the credit, which only works in Jan.

So I already own Saints Row the Third from the summer sale. If I get Saints Row The Third: The Full Package. Is the DLC, its own key so I can just give someone else the the base game? Also can use the THQ coupon, if it stays at that price. It would be great!

JaseC

So I already own Saints Row the Third from the summer sale. If I get Saints Row The Third: The Full Package. Is the DLC, its own key so I can just give someone else the the base game? Also can use the THQ coupon, if it stays at that price. It would be great!

It'll be one key for the lot as it's not an Amazon-created bundle. You should be able to activate it despite already owning SR3, though, as it's considered a separate sub.

Valnen

So I'm in the mood for a game with lots of explosions. I just want to shoot/blow lots of stuff up. Would Max Payne 3 satisfy this urge?

BTW, regarding the 12/25 promotion, it's worth noting that you can only use one coupon per publisher. So for instance, if you bought four THQ items this year and got four THQ coupons, you can only use one of them. Tony confirmed this over at CAG.

Addnan

Got an email about the promotion, says I bought an EA game so can get $5 off a game priced $4.99 and up. Will probably buy a Sims 3 expansion for my brother.

Tizoc

Changing your US address may help, although if I'm not mistaken Amazon now charges CA residents sales tax as of September and despite this I've never had it added to my orders (I use the address of Google's CA-based HQ).
Holy heck that worked! No tax, thanks a lot!

So far I've only gotten an email about my THQ credit, but I know I should be eligible for the 2K credit and hopefully the Ubisoft if I remember correctly.

Bought Scribblenauts. So its a puzzle/platformer? Always been interested in these games.

Yeah, puzzle mainly. You move through the world like a 2D sidescroller but you're solving platforms, not navigating obstacles. There's also some basic combat, but its not great. The fun definitely comes from:

a) solving puzzles
b) doing crazy shit by summoning all sorts of silly objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom