• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If anyone doesn't want their BioShock 2 copy from the bundle, PM me and I'll buy it off ya.

jediyoshi

Scribblenauts uses Steamworks, right? Can I activate a second copy then gift it, or should I just send the key instead?

Redeems on steam. You'd have to manually give someone the code to hand it out.

Yeah same here. I'm wondering if the prices were better earlier this morning. Saints 3 the Full went up in price wondering if the same happened with Ubi and EA games. My Ubi email said anything $4.99 but when I try and check out with a $4.99 game the coupon isn't applied.

Nope, at least not since the coupons went live

Eternia

Yeah same here. I'm wondering if the prices were better earlier this morning. Saints 3 the Full went up in price wondering if the same happened with Ubi and EA games. My Ubi email said anything $4.99 but when I try and check out with a $4.99 game the coupon isn't applied.
I'm guessing that Amazon was price matching Steam for Saints Row which ended today.

Codeblue

So I just bought Saints Row 3 for a bunch of friends. Does the $5 editor's choice apply to all of those or does it not count on multiples?

hlhbk

1. How do you check to see if you have any credits?

2. I don't understand what the big deal over the dreamcast pack is? The price is $25 which seems expensive.

Nabs

2. I don't understand what the big deal over the dreamcast pack is? The price is $25 which seems expensive.

It's 5. I still don't see the big deal over it. I'd rather just have JSR.

LQX

Where are you seeing $25? In the OP and on Amazon it shows $5.

Edit-beaten

Wierd it showed as $25 on my phone. See the $5 now. Thanks! Any idea to check and see if you have the $5 coupon?

Could try adding a game and see if it takes the discount since it has an order summary. You should have gotten an email from amazon if you got any credit though.

Jubern

I'm probably not the first one to ask, but is any particular deal region-locked? I'm only really asking for Football Manager 2013, which is $20 on Amazon.com but 24,99€ ($32!) on European Steam, which is where my account is from. To make things more complicated I am currently living in Japan. Paying shouldn't be a problem since I already bought things on Amazon.com with my French card, I just need to do if there's any chance my Steam code wouldn't work since I'm not in the US.

Nabs

I'm probably not the first one to ask, but is any particular deal region-locked? I'm only really asking for Football Manager 2013, which is $20 on Amazon.com but 24,99€ ($32!) on European Steam, which is where my account is from. To make things more complicated I am currently living in Japan. Paying shouldn't be a problem since I already bought things on Amazon.com with my French card, I just need to do if there's any chance my Steam code wouldn't work since I'm not in the US.

I don't think it's region locked but I can't say that for sure. If you wait a day, you might be able to grab it for much less. GMG will have it for 50% off, and that should stack with their 30% coupon.

Jubern

I don't think it's region locked but I can't say that for sure. If you wait a day, you might be able to grab it for much less. GMG will have it for 50% off, and that should stack with their 30% coupon.

Oh nice. No rush I guess, thanks for the tip!

Thomper

Bought Xcom, going to grab another copy for a friend. I see I can order a second copy..I assume I will just have two keys tied to my Amazon account?

ZenaxPure

So I decided to get the excellent Darksiders deal, but I have a question. It comes with 13 Darksider 2 related keys: 1 game, season pass, then a bunch of DLC. Does the season pass just unlock all the DLC or will I have to enter every single one of these other codes individually? Most seem to be items I think, couple dungeons or something as well.

Mordeccai

I bought spec ops from Amazon a few weeks ago when it was 5.00 and don't see a promotional credit coupon in my email. Hoping it'll just be tied to my account, want the bioshocks and Borderlands for five bucks!

Huh, looks like I bought it on November 30th. If I got screwed because I purchased two days before december imma be mad.

jediyoshi

Bought Xcom, going to grab another copy for a friend. I see I can order a second copy..I assume I will just have two keys tied to my Amazon account?

Yep, should just be listed next to the old one

oQ1i5.jpg

So I decided to get the excellent Darksiders deal, but I have a question. It comes with 13 Darksider 2 related keys: 1 game, season pass, then a bunch of DLC. Does the season pass just unlock all the DLC or will I have to enter every single one of these other codes individually? Most seem to be items I think, couple dungeons or something as well.

Most of the other stuff isn't within the season pass, not sure if there's any overlap. It lists what's in the pass on its steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215824/

An-Det

You'll end up with an extra key for Abyssal Dungeon (since that comes in the Season Pass). The rest works as expected.

Yeah the THQ coupon isn't all that great after the Humble Bundle and the THQ Medley. Pretty much the only thing left to get it SR2, which apparently barely even works.

Still, I got the Dreamcast pack for $5, so no complaints.

NoRéN

Sweet. Took some doing but amazon credited me for the credits that never arrived.
Freaking amazon with their awesome customer service!

jediyoshi

Yeah the THQ coupon isn't all that great after the Humble Bundle and the THQ Medley. Pretty much the only thing left to get it SR2, which apparently barely even works.

Still, I got the Dreamcast pack for $5, so no complaints.

Red Faction Guerilla for $5 is definitely worth getting, not a great port but runs better than SR2. Especially since it's not available through Steam anymore
Even if you own Darksiders 1, getting the franchise pack for Darksiders 1/2+all dlc for $9 bucks is probably one of Amazon's highlights this sale

edit: wasn't aware they changed the price on SR3 the full package today, but there was a small window where you could pick it up for $2.70 which is still worth it if you had the base game/season pass

.nimrod

I kinda want to play Xcom, but i haven't really been following that game much.
Is $25 a great price or has it been cheaper before/is it expected to be cheaper soonish?

Red Faction Guerilla for $5 is definitely worth getting, not a great port but runs better than SR2. Especially since it's not available through Steam anymore
Even if you own Darksiders 1, getting the franchise pack for Darksiders 1/2+all dlc for $9 bucks is probably one of Amazon's highlights this sale

edit: wasn't aware they changed the price on SR3 the full package today, but there was a small window where you could pick it up for $2.70 which is still worth it if you had the base game/season pass

Already own a Steam copy of RF:G. And I have most of the SR:TT DLC. However, I don't suppose it's possible to use the coupon on one of the only DLC packs I don't own, thus getting it for free. I doubt it would work, but has anyone tried?

I hear the Gentlemen of the Row mod fixes a lot of stuff in SR2. Seems to have the better story and activities too.

Coupon doesn't work on <=$4.99 items. Tried it on the SR3 Season's Pass.

jediyoshi

Already own a Steam copy of RF:G. And I have most of the SR:TT DLC. However, I don't suppose it's possible to use the coupon on one of the only DLC packs I don't own, thus getting it for free. I doubt it would work, but has anyone tried?

You can see before purchase if the credit applies. It's only good for things over $5 though

Hmm, my credit for the editor's choice games doesn't seem to be working.

Goes live in January

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I really want to get the first assassin's creed, but do the amazon codes only link to ubi's uplay thing?

Talyn

The performance patch is offered separately from GOTR. I wouldn't touch it until post game, the idea of so much modded content being able to affect a first playthrough's opinion just sounds funky.
Yeah, you definitely don't need the GoTR patch to get SR2 working properly in Win 7. The main issue with SR2 was it was laggy as fuck while driving in Win XP no matter what you did due to the way they cached data. It doesn't have that problem in Win 7, although there you have to deal with it either running too fast or too slow, based on your CPU speed. It really wants a CPU clocked to Xbox 360 specs, which is 3.2ghz IIRC, but there's a tool to fix the timing so it should run properly in most cases, although you may have to do a bit of tweaking. That said, I'd recommend it, even with all its flaws I had no real issues running it on my laptop and enjoyed it more than SR3.

I bought spec ops from Amazon a few weeks ago when it was 5.00 and don't see a promotional credit coupon in my email. Hoping it'll just be tied to my account, want the bioshocks and Borderlands for five bucks!

Huh, looks like I bought it on November 30th. If I got screwed because I purchased two days before december imma be mad.

Spec Ops was 5 bucks a few weeks ago? fuckkkkkkkk

Hows the emulator for the Sega genesis/megadrive games?

In terms of configurable controls, graphic outputs, emulation accuracy, etc etc?

NoRéN

Call them up. I didn't get anything either. opened up a chat with them and they tried to give me some BS about the code already been used in Oct. Had them call me and they gave me the total in amazon credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom