• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

BANG

jQ8AN.png

So, buy 32c DLC, get $5 off. Sweet!

Edit: Wait... what the fuck? Buy THQ DLC, get discount for 2K?!?

Edit #2: Nevermind. That email is for credit when I bought Spec Ops on Nov 30th. WTF.

kaskade

Are you applying the code? It's for $10 off

PC Download: $49.99
Promotion Applied: -$10.00

Total Before Tax: $39.99
Estimated Tax: $3.80
Order Total: $43.79

edit: my bad, forgot it requires amazon prime if you're not subscribed

Ah, that's my fault. I thought you meant it was that price before the discount. I'm tempted but I guess I'll wait and see if steam does anything.

Hmmm... so the 2K coupon doesn't cover Max Payne 3, right? And even if it did, Max Payne 3 for $15 will have expired by tomorrow when the coupon is active.

Hmmm...what should I get: Max Payne 3 or Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai? I'm leaning towards Max Payne cause the gunplay looks nice and its been a while since I've played a nice reactive shooter like Max Payne 3 looks like it is.

Omega

Banned
How is Darksiders 2 and the DLC?

I liked the first one but never finished it. I'm not sure why, combat was fun but it's one of the few games I've never finished.

def sim

i was all pumped to get xcom for twenty bucks only to find out the coupon is activated when the deals are over

a bit of a kick in the head

KarmaCow

How is Darksiders 2 and the DLC?

I liked the first one but never finished it. I'm not sure why, combat was fun but it's one of the few games I've never finished.

The combat and puzzles are better in 2. The combat got rid of the block button in favour making dodging more important. Combos are better build into the game and use weapon switching more. It's simple; nothing is more complicated than delaying a button press or holding a direction but there is some good depth in there. The puzzles are fairly clever though there were times where the hardest part is figuring out I could I do something rather puzzle itself.

However the problem is that I think they wanted to make the world have a sense of scale but in doing so, they made it a chore to travel around. You can initiate fast travel anywhere (though you can only travel to set locations) and you have your horse for most of the bigger areas. The story itself is a long carrot on a stick with Death being lead along by NPCs, usually asking for 3 of something before they'll help him inch closer to his goal. The loot system is more of annoyance too, I don't really enjoy going through my backpack to manage all the crap weapons I've found. There isn't enough depth the weapons to make it worthwhile.

And that's not even including the technical problems. The game's framerate is all over the place. Loading is semi-frequent which makes the framerate plummet to single digits. The game also has just shitty framerate (~20 fps) in certain zones for reasons I cannot understand. Even when the game is running at 60 fps, the game looks stuttery. Supposedly not using the ingame V-sync fixes it but it's still pretty crap. I've also recently run into a glitch where upon exiting a menu, I can no longer control the character, forcing me to save&exit to the main menu and reloading.

The combat and puzzles make up for it the shitty pacing and certain design decisions but the technical problems are close to breaking it for me.

Derrick01

Banned
So we're positive 2k13 will be gone at midnight, or at least before the 2k voucher activates? I guess $5 isn't a deal breaker but I want to make sure I don't screw myself.

There's no way. Amazon customer support never understood why people would want that.

So here's what you do. Go to the Gift card buying section of Amazon and gift yourself a giftcard of the exact value of what you want to buy. Then your giftcard credit will remain the same balance after purchasing the game.

Thanks for the hoops Amazon. I love jumping through them.

That really stinks. I wanted to per order South Park with the $5 credit without using my gift card balance on preorders.

SiteSeer

ok um, so, i got an email saying i have a coupon for 5 bucks off on 2k games. i click the link to buy a bundle for 9.99; coupon says it will be deducted at check out. i check out. coupon never kicks in. what gives?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ok um, so, i got an email saying i have a coupon for 5 bucks off on 2k games. i click the link to buy a bundle for 9.99; coupon says it will be deducted at check out. i check out. coupon never kicks in. what gives?

It starts tomorrow.

SiteSeer

It starts tomorrow.

oh. my. god.

ffs. why can't we just have good ol' fashioned codes, why i gotta wait 5 hours to give them my money. so they can apply the code themselves? now i gotta go bitch and whine to customer support.

Might not have gone live yet, it doesn't start until 12/26. Usually they use PST like most companies.

alf717

I didn't use either of those, I've only used my THQ and I plan to use my 2K one tomorrow.

I wanted to use them but the deals are not so great with the other offers. I scored Saints 3 Full for super cheap and was hoping to do the same with the Ubi and EA codes. Any super hot deal you can make with the 2K deal? gonna have to check the OP and see what is going down.

I wanted to use them but the deals are not so great with the other offers. I scored Saints 3 Full for super cheap and was hoping to do the same with the Ubi and EA codes. Any super hot deal you can make with the 2K deal? gonna have to check the OP and see what is going down.

2K is pretty much all the bundles in the OP. I really want spec ops so I can get that for $5 since I already have bioshock stuff.

Forkball

Man Tera at $5. That game must be bomba'ing. Kind of a shame, it had a cool art style and neat combat, but still had a lot of repetitive MMO trappings that kept it from being great.

Any opinions on the LotR games?

NG28

Try and buy stuff only on sale the 25th with the credit now. I just managed to get XCOM for $20 with the $5 credit.

Same here and my Bioshock 2 code is invalid.

The Steam Retail / Digital CD Keys page says the code for BioShock 2 should come in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7 but I'm seeing a code with this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-D3FGH-456I7.

The same thing happened to me when I bought the Dreamcast pack.

XCOM is showing up as 'unavailable' on the store page now. Same for NBA. Guess they really didn't want people to stack the 2K coupon with the discount.

cress2000

The Steam Retail / Digital CD Keys page says the code for BioShock 2 should come in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7 but I'm seeing a code with this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-D3FGH-456I7.

The same thing happened to me when I bought the Dreamcast pack.

It seems the Bioshock games in the 2K Shooter Pack aren't actually the Steam versions. But the ones in the dual pack are. How annoying.

O.DOGG

Bleh, nothing to spend my 2K coupon on. I was hoping to get the XCOM dlc with it but it's only applicable to anything $9.99 and up. The only thing worth considering is Spec Ops + Bioshocks but that's what got me my first 2K voucher in the first place. Agh. Maybe I'll get a second copy and gift the games.

Damn. If anybody has a steam key for NBA 2K13 lying around I'll gladly buy it for 20 bucks. Going to sleep now. PM me please if anybody is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom