• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's only $2 cheaper by waiting? That's sort of lame. :/ I'm expecting the deals to not be that good on the 2012 editor picks or whatever it's called.

yep

plus i just saw it change, 17.99 now LOL

my 2k promo will be wasted like the EA promo since there is nothing interesting. The nearest is duke but i have borderlands and the Darkness 2 already.

oipic

The penny just dropped that the purchase of the Civ5 Gods & Kings expansion (for Mac) doesn't earn a magic 2K discount coupon thingy - I was wondering why I hadn't received an email... but it makes sense now.

If there is a kind soul out there with no intention of using theirs, could I please ask for a big favour with regard to purchasing the BioShock 1/2 and Spec Ops bundle if possible? Thanks!

EDIT: It is done! Big shout-out to ultra-solid GAF citizen 3chopl0x for his help with this - thanks mate. :)

Elginer

Just a heads up, LOTR War in the North is also $5 and redeemable on Steam. From what I hear it's a solid PC version.

Shaneus

Oh, for fuck's sake. Not only do I get a 2K code for a game I bought almost a month ago, but the DLC I bought so I could get an Amazon discount is pretty much useless because the Darksiders pack is now "Unavailable".

Fuck you for being so damn inconsistent, Amazon :/

Addnan

Damn, first time this year I overslept and missed NBA 2k13 for $10 :(

Anything else worth buying with the $5 off. Have all the other stuff, Bioshock, borderlands, spec ops etc.

ZenaxPure

Well crap, just noticed Xcom went up in price a bit. Should have jumped on it for $25 when I had the chance, dunno why I didn't. Hopefully it shows up on Steam again or something before the winter sale is over.

Firebrand

Well crap, just noticed Xcom went up in price a bit. Should have jumped on it for $25 when I had the chance, dunno why I didn't. Hopefully it shows up on Steam again or something before the winter sale is over.
GMG wrote on their blog that they are doing an XCOM deal, but not which day. If their 30% voucher can be applied (a big "if") their price might beat Amazon's.

Salaadin

How is XCOM Enemy Unknown? PC Port good? Runs well? Controller support?

Sorry for asking here but Im getting various responses when I google.

Bought Spec Ops for $5 during the sale last month
Got $5 coupon for January game sales
Got $5 off 2k games this week
Bought 2k shooter pack (Borderlands, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, DNF + DLC) for $5 after the 2k coupon
Still have the $5 January coupon

It's like I got all these games for $5! Bioshock 1 is just a straight download though and Bioshock 2 redeems in some other store -- maybe GFWL? Oh well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought Spec Ops for $5 during the sale last month
Got $5 coupon for January game sales
Got $5 off 2k games this week
Bought 2k shooter pack (Borderlands, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, DNF + DLC) for $5 after the 2k coupon
Still have the $5 January coupon

It's like I got all these games for $5! Bioshock 1 is just a straight download though and Bioshock 2 redeems in some other store -- maybe GFWL? Oh well.

There is a Steam variant of the 2K Shooter Pack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yep yep and you'll want to use your controller for it. Yep.

tmarques

Just realized 2k Strategy Super Pack, Desert to Sea Bundle, and Hitman Absolution aren't on their Editor's Choice. Ugh.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000728511
Will at least get Dark Souls. They need to add more than 30 games on that list.

And I realised I should have waited a couple of weeks and gotten Hotline Miami for free. All of those games are going to be cheaper before my backlog allows me to get to them, so what's the point?

Any chance of more games being added to the list or prices dropping?

Adventure fans might be interested to know that a whole bunch of horror/mystery point-and-clicks are on sale for peanuts right now. Doesn't seem to be an advertised promotion and Tony doesn't mention them on CAG so no idea when it will end. I'm guessing none of these are Steam rededeemable.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought the 2K Shooter Pack from Amazon using the $5 off voucher, but I only wanted DNF Complete (yeah I know, hate me, insult me, I still like the game and want to play the DLC). I want to give away both BioShocks (I'll gift Borderlands to a friend whom I wanna play co-op with, sorry about that), what would be the best way of doing it?

I know! The first person to post the name of their favorite progressive rock song gets BioShock 1, and the first one to post the name of their favorite sci-fi movie gets the sequel. That way we both get something: you get the games, and I learn about something new to listen to or watch! Both are Steam keys, by the way.

I'll go buy something to eat now and deliver the keys when I'm back, probably 15 minutes from now.

An-Det

I too have extra Bioshock 1 and 2 steam keys to give away. I guess reply with which you want and I'll pm it to you.

edit: both taken.

So I bought the 2K Shooter Pack from Amazon using the $5 off voucher, but I only wanted DNF Complete (yeah I know, hate me, insult me, I still like the game and want to play the DLC). I want to give away both BioShocks (I'll gift Borderlands to a friend whom I wanna play co-op with, sorry about that), what would be the best way of doing it?

I know! The first person to post the name of their favorite progressive rock song gets BioShock 1, and the first one to post the name of their favorite sci-fi movie gets the sequel. That way we both get something: you get the games, and I learn about something new to listen to or watch! Both are Steam keys, by the way.

I'll go buy something to eat now and deliver the keys when I'm back, probably 15 minutes from now.

Does The Rocky Horror Picture Show count as sci-fi? :p

For real though, Minority Report.

EDIT: Well, if no one wants Bioshock 1 I'd also take it. I never beat it on the 360 :/ (give it to mr_toa)

EDIT 2: Seeing that wikipedia considers Supertramp a progressive rock band, Supertramp - Crime of the Century

mr_toa

Yes - 'And you and I'

teepo

if any one out there has no use for their 2k code, i'll be forever grateful to take it off your hands so that i can purchase The Desert to Sea Bundle (Bioshock 1/2 and Spec Ops).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for taking so much time guys. Here are the winners:

Yes - 'And you and I'
Beautiful song, you're getting BioShock 1. Jon's voice is truly magical.

Does The Rocky Horror Picture Show count as sci-fi? :p

For real though, Minority Report.

EDIT: Well, if no one wants Bioshock 1 I'd also take it. I never beat it on the 360 :/

EDIT 2: Seeing that wikipedia considers Supertramp a progressive rock band, Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Haven't seen the former, but Minority Report is awesome (and Supertramp is one of my favorite bands). You'll be getting BioShock 2. Sorry I can't give you both games, but I'd rather spread the joy between more people. Maybe next time...

Sending the PMs now. Hope you enjoy the games!

Volcynika

if any one out there has no use for their 2k code, i'll be forever grateful to take it off your hands so that i can purchase The Desert to Sea Bundle (Bioshock 1/2 and Spec Ops).

It's attached to their account I think, it's not a code you enter in.

Unicorn

It is odd that you have to either use controller OR mouse. Some menu navigation I had to go to settings first to turn mouse back on to select some other settings in some other menu because I wasn't able to navigate over to them with controller.

Again, if it would just recognize the switch of input on the fly, so I can have the controller in my hand and reach over and use my mouse to do something, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Aside from that, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom