• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

vidcons

Banned
Hey, this is really working swell!

Also, like a fairplay rule, can we not swipe codes that are highlighted by someone else? Some of us are locked out of code activation for a bit.

Arksy

Hey, this is really working swell!

Also, like a fairplay rule, can we not swipe codes that are highlighted by someone else? Some of us are locked out of code activation for a bit.

Why don't you copy the keys you onto another place and replace it with your name, at least that way you can reserve the keys until you're not locked out any more and there's no possibility of someone else snagging it.....

Edit: And remember if you try a key and it doesn't work DELETE IT!

vidcons

Banned
Why don't you copy the keys you onto another place and replace it with your name, at least that way you can reserve the keys until you're not locked out any more and there's no possibility of someone else snagging it.....

This makes more sense.

I was under the impression that there was a desire not to delete the codes.

jph139

Man, Tony is the hero GAF deserves for sure. EUIII is a game I've always wanted but never gotten around to playing!

Definitely gotta check out some of those free games now, huh?

Yottamole

Banned
For some odd reason, Google spreadsheet had some rendering issues with Chrome when I tried to zoom in the text. But it all worked out in the end. Big thanks to Tony.

goodfella

FYI, I know some of you are worried you will be "too late" to get more codes tomorrow.

No worries on this. I plan on posting some more as soon as I wake up.

Want to give me a gift in return? It would be awesome if, when I woke up, I logged into my reporting tool and saw a bunch of people trying out some of our free to play games at www.amazon.com/freegames

No pressure or requirement, it would just be awesome if you guys checked it out/spread the word to some of the other forums you might live in as well, or to your friends. Alternatively feel free to just sit back and enjoy the good deals and free codes in the thread.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks a lot Tony. I'll check out the F2P section now!

Phazon

I like this...I'm going to use it more often. I'm getting real time feedback on the fly...

FYI. Leaving more feedback, like aside from "Thanks!" or "Took this code" (which I appreciate) will help me pitch stuff like this to vendors more often and do this kind of thing again.

Just food for thought.

Cheers,
Tony

I linked my Runescape account to my account on Amazon. Will check out some other F2P stuff in the future.

Keep on going Tony! :)

I'm getting the same problem of invalid code no matter what I put in. Is there a way to reset?

If it doesn't work out, thanks for the free codes, Tony!

Arksy

Goodwill towards Amazon is raising sharply thanks to Tony's conduct here at GAF. A lot of the specials on the first page only go to the 14th, would love to see it updated with the next round of sales!

LQX

Took Mount and Blade "62". Thanks Tony.

Also is Google docs good idea? Anyone can get a hold off it. I'm kind of shock any codes where actually left here so with a Google doc out there I imagine they will go even faster.

Decided to see if my 10 dollar gift card i got from MGS Vita worked on digital orders, and it did!

Got meself a Copy of Binary Domain. Awesome. Definitely going to remember that for future orders

Stolen an EU key from the second round that was posted on these forums, lucky number 7 I believe. Thanks a lot. Also, when's the UK arm going to start their digital distribution service for video games?

An-Det

I dont need either game, but I'm damn impressed with Tony's giveaways. Putting the link to the spreadsheet in the OP might help though for those that do. Thanks for coming here and being awesome.

Grabbed M&B key #72. You're doing some great things for the PC gaming community, Tony, and we all appreciate it immensely. Thanks so much for all the great promotions that you've done so far and will surely continue to run in the future.

Neki

Protip for Tony:

Release the next batch of codes AS A GOOGLE SPREADSHEET.

This way there is no excuse for people not to delete their entry after they claim it.

Just tried 3 more codes and got locked out again

Not a good idea, if people aren't claiming on GAF, they're not going to certainly claim it on a Google Docs.

Giard

Where's the spreadsheet you're all talking about :(

None of the M&B keys that were posted 12 hours ago work for me. At first, Steam was saying they were already taken, now it says they're invalid.

sazzy

Tony, man, I bro-love you. But you gotta have gotta match Steam's indie/small publishers games profile.

Here's how I see it so far: Amazon's sales have been better with more depth (discount) and Steam's with better breadth (variety).

Gotta have both.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed some key, don't remember which one, but deleted it from the spreadsheet. Tony, you're the best thing that happened to PC gaming since Duke Nukem 3D!

Since there is lots of potential Mount & Blade Warband players in this thread right now I suggest all to get Floris Mod for single player, possibly even before playing it vanilla and C-RPG mod for multiplayer.

Floris is like an unofficial patch that fixes most of the small details and C-RPG turns the random multiplayer into a MMO arena with a hundred of people slashing each other while using a wide range of weapons, armors and other stuff.

vidcons

Banned
Thank you! I must be doing something wrong, as none of the keys I'm trying are working... they're for Steam, right?

Are you getting the invalid code error? That just means you're locked out 15 minutes to 1 hour. Just wait it out. Copy a new code, put it in a document, and delete it off the spreadsheet.

Just caved on the Rockstar bundle. Was looking at MP2 earlier and have always wanted to try Bully. Also have a San Andreas code for a homie.

If you want a Midnight Club 2 code, PM me.

sazzy

Tony, man, I bro-love you. But you gotta have gotta match Steam's indie/small publishers games profile.

Here's how I see it so far: Amazon's sales have been better with more depth (discount) and Steam's with better breadth (variety).

Gotta have both.

also sorry if i sound drunk its 4am here in sydney on a sat night

Top Bottom