• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Tony are you pricematching the $5 la noire complete collection on steam? I know it's really early and I'm not sure when it went on sale so I'm assuming that's the only reason but just wanted to check. Thanks.

Lancehead

Hey Tony,

Has it ever happened that a game you worked to get on sale because there was a lot of demand on GAF (or other forums), but performed poorly overall once the game went on sale?

inm8num2

hey tony, any chance you guys will have the steam versions of the witcher 2?

Tony when you said that perhaps the Paradox packs were coming back did you mean this sale or later?

Tony are you pricematching the $5 la noire complete collection on steam? I know it's really early and I'm not sure when it went on sale so I'm assuming that's the only reason but just wanted to check. Thanks.

Hey Tony,

Has it ever happened that a game you worked to get on sale because there was a lot of demand on GAF (or other forums), but performed poorly overall once the game went on sale?

Whats this about Tony?

LOL. We're like baby birds waiting for those chewed up worms.

Retne

How long do the current sales usually stay up? I just want to know what the clock is like on Quantum Conundrum and ARMA II: CO.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
EU would have been nice since my copy is Impulse (never again) and getting it into it's own self-contained folder on a non-C drive was a huge pain in the ass that I'd have to repeat if I ever reinstalled, but it wouldn't have been right to take as it would have just been for management convenience.

Tony when you said that perhaps the Paradox packs were coming back did you mean this sale or later?

hope soon X)

Still working on this guys, no solid date yet.

Negative on this we just ran the same price point for 2 weeks lol

So can I redeem Super Street fighter in Steam ??

Negative.

Hey Tony,

Yes, all the time :).

Hey Tony, any chance you guys will have Civ V Gods & Kings on a nice discount? To match steam atleast

We will run a promo on it, still working out when.

How long is Quantum Conundrum gonna be 40% off? Do we know?

How long do the current sales usually stay up? I just want to know what the clock is like on Quantum Conundrum and ARMA II: CO.

Arma II: CO I have set to run until we run out of keys again.

QC is a price match to someone, I need to check who.

So when is SRTT going on sale?

I believe, earlier in the thread, Tony said that it would be going on sale next week.

$12.50 in the US.

Shooting for early next week.

so is Amazon not matching Steam daily deals anymore?

I'd rather buy stuff from Amazon but the games don't seem to be on sale.

I'd really like to see The Walking Dead price-matched; it seems to be a Steam code too.

We're going to be matching stuff on a case by case basis, mostly based on what we just ran for 2 weeks. So The Walking Dead, for example, we'll match, but things like LA Noire Complete and Darkness II, which we've had at the same prices for 2 weeks already, we won't.

Cheers,
Tony

Zat

Neo Member
We're going to be matching stuff on a case by case basis, mostly based on what we just ran for 2 weeks. So The Walking Dead, for example, we'll match, but things like LA Noire Complete and Darkness II, which we've had at the same prices for 2 weeks already, we won't.

Sounds reasonable! :) Can you give any ETA on The Walking Dead discount?

Arksy

Makes me sad that people ask for a game and then not buy it. The amazon store could be easier to navigate though. I don't find it particularly intuitive or clear and am not a huge fan of the interface.

Wait, when was L.A. Noire Complete $5? Thought it was $7.50 and the base game was 5?

Mairu

Cheers,
Tony

oh god I'm going to regret buying it on steam after you have it for 10% lower or something :p

Hey Tony, I know a few days ago you mentioned the possibility of Saint's Row The Third being slightly cheaper than Steam's price. Is there any chance of that still happening, or is a $12.50 match looking more likely? The fact that you quoted Alo81's "$12.50 in the US" post leads me to believe it'll be an exact price match, but I was just hoping for a little confirmation if you knew for sure. Either way, as long as Amazon can at least match Steam's price, I'll hold off for now and buy from you guys.

Makes me sad that people ask for a game and then not buy it. The amazon store could be easier to navigate though. I don't find it particularly intuitive or clear and am not a huge fan of the interface.

Yeah we are pretty constantly trying to work on it. The "problem" is that Amazon is such a broad site that there are specific mechanics we have to work within. If I had my druthers we'd completely reskin the VG store.

Hey Tony, I know a few days ago you mentioned the possibility of Saint's Row The Third being slightly cheaper than Steam's price. Is there any chance of that still happening, or is a $12.50 match looking more likely? The fact that you quoted Alo81's "$12.50 in the US" post leads me to believe it'll be an exact price match, but I was just hoping for a little confirmation if you knew for sure. Either way, as long as Amazon can at least match Steam's price, I'll hold off for now and buy from you guys.

To re-iterate, we will have it, at minimum for $12.49 next week and I'm pushing for $9.99.

I will know more on Monday or Tuesday. Our sale period will be 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony

Ledsen

Until Skyrim stops selling like the latest Apple product, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 50% discount.

If you're not averse to DRM, then it's worth noting that Steam is currently offering the game for $30 as a daily deal.

It's a steamworks game, all copies have to be redeemed on steam.

Deliverance

Neo Member
Tony, thanks a lot for that price match on TWD. I was interested in getting it via Steam, but the $=€ conversion forced me to forget about it. Now I can get it for a fair price! You're great :3

inm8num2

VZeaL.png

Ploid 3.0

Slightly off topic, will Torchlight 2 be sold on amazon? It looks like I can't preorder there. Not for Tony, just a question for anyone to answer if they know at all. I don't really want to go through adding money to my steam wallet when I can just click a button on amazon.

Vamlock

I didn't see it in the op, but does anyone know of a way you can use Reward Points on digital purchases (from an Amazon credit card)?

I think a roundabout way would to get a certificate with the points and input the code to your account, but that takes several weeks.

hom3land

I didn't see it in the op, but does anyone know of a way you can use Reward Points on digital purchases (from an Amazon credit card)?

I think a roundabout way would to get a certificate with the points and input the code to your account, but that takes several weeks.

yea there is no way.. At least that I know of. Kind of b.s. not sure what the issue would be.

eek5

It doesn't look like it. The checkout system seems to be different for PC downloads. You can try ordering an e-mailed gift card (min $25)?

Top Bottom