• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

Eh, I have no problem cheering for CONCACAF brother Costa Rica...

But I can't bring myself to cheer for Mexico. Nope. No Sir.

NoRéN

it's freaking loud outside.

What i would give to have the US play more like this Mexico team. So much attack all while remaining solid in defense.
Eh, I have no problem cheering for CONCACAF brother Costa Rica...

But I can't bring myself to cheer for Mexico. Nope. No Sir.
if it makes you feel any better, the only thing they celebrate involving the US is a USA loss.

Heretic

Yup. Mexico is looking really strong. If Memo keeps playing the way he has then they have a strong chance at winning it.

I still think our boys can take them though.

daoster

NoRéN;117917477 said:
if it makes you feel any better, the only thing they celebrate involving the US is a USA loss.

Yeah. That is how I feel about Mexico. I cheer when they lose, I always cheer for an opposing team.

NoRéN;117918251 said:
Mexico - USA final!!!

I think this is possible if we get out of the group first place (so we need to beat Germany!)

Otherwise, we can meet them at the Semis, and remind them of the sweetest score of them all.

xbhaskarx

Not sure if this has been posted...

10427240_771279962918762_8973875886056125734_n.jpg

RELAYER

Banned
do yourself a favor and stop posting.

Oh fuck off.

I saw you in the world cup thread attacking everyone's "soccer cred" who dared to question Bradley, and now you want to run me out of here for saying what pretty much everyone is thinking.

I get the feeling that if he has another shit game against Germany and we advance anyways, you'll still be defending him.

NoRéN

Yeah. That is how I feel about Mexico. I cheer when they lose, I always cheer for an opposing team.

I think this is possible if we get out of the group first place (so we need to beat Germany!)

Otherwise, we can meet them at the Semis, and remind them of the sweetest score of them all.

Nah, man. they can only meet in the final.

USA is winning the group!

I hope.

Nesotenso

Oh fuck off.

I saw you in the world cup thread attacking everyone's "soccer cred" who dared to question Bradley, and now you want to run me out of here for saying what pretty much everyone is thinking.

I get the feeling that if he has another shit game against Germany and we advance anyways, you'll still be defending him.

I never said that he didn't have a bad game. I was responding to people who were overreacting and calling for him to benched. It would help for all of those people to have some perspective about how much he means to the team if they had followed the team for a longer time.

A general request and warning that's particularly directed at the regulars: Let's make an effort to be more welcoming and inclusive to people that are just stopping by the thread for the first time because of the World Cup. Unfortunately, community threads can get a little insular, but this is something that I'd like to avoid here with this group. Please don't shout down people that you disagree with, and try and be a good host. Discussion and debate is always fine and good, but it needs to be civil. Let's get some new fans involved with the thread while US Soccer is on a lot of people's minds. If you have any questions or comments on thread policy and moderation, please feel free to shoot me a PM. Thank you.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
My DVR recorded an Inside:US Soccer episode that was mainly clips from other episodes but it had a little bit from the Ghana game. Weird...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but looking at how much easier Germany's travel schedule has been in the group stage compared to how the US has been whisked from here to there and everywhere else, coupled with the fact the US had to play in Manaus and then turn around and play Germany on a day less rest, it certainly looks like FIFA put the favorite in the best possible position to succeed in this final match

Nesotenso

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but looking at how much easier Germany's travel schedule has been in the group stage compared to how the US has been whisked from here to there and everywhere else, coupled with the fact the US had to play in Manaus and then turn around and play Germany on a day less rest, it certainly looks like FIFA put the favorite in the best possible position to succeed in this final match

well I guess you could say that the higher seeds had an advantage. They were drawn into the slots first and the first slot in group G had travel advantages. I think going in everyone knew what the travel schedule of each slot in a group was going to look like.

New Zealander here. Our teams at work have drawn teams to support during the cup and decorate our areas with flags/cultural things. We got the mighty USA! FREEDOM EVERYWHERE

NoRéN

Hi, Klinnsmann!

Schedules are done before the draw is done.

- New one from Greg Seltzer
You are probably gonna like this one. I have learned that Philly Union are talking with Al-Ahly assistant manager Fabio Cannavaro - yes, that Fabio Cannavaro - for their head coach job. And I am told that talks are heading in a positive direction. I will have a full MLSS report at some point, but probably not right away, so stay tuned.

NoRéN

We could etch dos a cero into World Cup history

Wouldn't that be something.

So, I think someone misinformed the people here and told them Mexico won the world cup because they won't shut up. lol

Good for them. Mexico had a rough road to Brazil but they are finally playing like true contenders.

Unfortunately some idiots a few cities over are shutting down traffic and police have had to come in to control the situation.

But how does it curve like that? I've been watching soccer a few years now and still can't figure it out.

The seams in the ball create a pressure differential between the "inside" and the "outside" sides measured by the rotation of the ball. This creates turbulence, which makes a tunnel in pressure path for the ball to travel through.

It's all given by how much spin is induced by the kick. Give it too much spin and it will bend earlier, giving an easy catch for the GK. Don't give it enough spin and it will not bend.

The best kicks are those that induce an accelerating spin because from the GK's Point of View the ball is going straight but the spin takes off in the middle of the trajectory and bends in, changing direction in mid air.

Such a beauty

Mully

Man. I miss playing. I just put on my gloves for the first time in a few years. Having them on felt so right. I wish I could play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom