• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportscenter said:
THIS JUST IN: The USA-Germany game will go on as planned despite flooding in Recife.
Jeremy Schapp said:
Agent @RichardMotzkin tells ESPN US team family and friends have decided not to attempt trip to stadium. Too treacherous.
Be careful out there, clydefrog.

BrDoEpNCIAAgqsk.jpg

well we had a good run

NH Apache

Banned
From pregame stream, interview with Jurgen:

Conditions don't benefit anyone.

Need constant pressure today. Physical.

Issues in Germany's back line.

Edit: It appears Fabian has a black eye.

Edit2:

FIFA officials on field giving thumbs up. Bradley saying it's the same type of field as Natal.

From FIFA:

#USA LINE-UP: Howard, Gonzalez, Bradley, Besler, Beasley, Dempsey (c), Jones, Davis, Beckerman, Zusi, Johnson #USAGER #WorldCup #joinin

#GER LINE-UP: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Podolski, Muller, Lahm (c), Mertesacker, Kroos, Boateng #USAGER #WorldCup

Loxley

I felt pretty good days ago but, oh man, I'm getting nervous now.

I'm staying as optimistic as possible. But since I can't actually watch the game (I'll be listening to it) maybe that will help calm my nerves if I can't actually see what's going on.

Or it could make them worse :lol

NH Apache

Banned
TSG actually called Davis, but no one has a clue on why Gonzalez.

Bedoya was gassed after the first two games. Need some fresh legs out there. Cameron made two crucial errors in the Portugal game, though I'd still prefer him to Gonzalez out there. Prove me wrong, Omar.

Thanks. I hope Besler is good to go. I really like how he plays: quiet and hard. Getting hyped beyond belief right now.

xbhaskarx

Really, Gonzalez?? Why not give Cameron a chance to redeem himself?

But that's not my biggest concern. Not only is Brad Davis playing for the US national team, not only is he on the 30 man roster and the 23 man roster. Brad Davis is starting against Germany in a crucial World Cup game.

methodman

Banned
Really, Gonzalez?? Why not give Cameron a chance to redeem himself?

But that's not my biggest concern. Not only is Brad Davis playing for the US national team, not only is he on the 30 man roster and the 23 man roster. Brad Davis is starting against Germany in a crucial World Cup game.

so upsetting that brad fucking davis is starting a crucial world cup game for us. SMFH

Talon

Germany's going to win 3-1 at least.

"I'm open to the possibility that we can draw!"

I think my first two kids are going to be named Jermaine and Fabian

EDIT: My reverse psychology on Zusi is working. He's having a good game thus far, except his corners...

ZZMitch

I am floored that Bradley has been this bad and the USA is still in a great position to qualify... who would have thought that a few weeks ago?

So far so good I guess. The Portugal goal is huge.

People forget how good Gonzalez and Beesler were in Mexico when all they wanted was a draw and faced 90 minutes of pressure. Gonzalez on a yellow scares me.

Brad Davis has been fine would love a set piece to take full advantage of him.

Bradley and Fabian Johnson with a lot of bad touches again. Clint getting discouraged. I hope Klinsmann has a great halftime speech ready.

Wouldn't mind seeing Yedlin come in again and play midfield to give the counter a bit more pace.

DeMarcus has been in beast mode today with a lot of pressure in his side again.

Timmy Howard has been solid but he hasn't had to make a huge save yet but they are coming.

Beckerman has been solid again.

I feel good but 45 minutes is a long time. Hopefully Ghana was spending all their money at the clubs last night.

daoster

The good news....It;s 0-0 for us, and Portugal is up by 1-0 so that's an extra level of security.

The bad news...I don't think we've even threatened the German keeper.

ADSHJKSADA

ZZMitch

So far so good I guess. The Portugal goal is huge.

People forget how good Gonzalez and Beesler were in Mexico when all they wanted was a draw and faced 90 minutes of pressure. Gonzalez on a yellow scares me.

Brad Davis has been fine would love a set piece to take full advantage of him.

Bradley and Fabian Johnson with a lot of bad touches again. Clint getting discouraged. I hope Klinsmann has a great halftime speech ready.

Wouldn't mind seeing Yedlin come in again and play midfield to give the counter a bit more pace.

DeMarcus has been in beast mode today with a lot of pressure in his side again.

Timmy Howard has been solid but he hasn't had to make a huge save yet but they are coming.

Beckerman has been solid again.

I feel good but 45 minutes is a long time. Hopefully Ghana was spending all their money at the clubs last night.

When did Gonzalez go on a yellow? I dont remember that. Do you mean Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom