• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT HOW UGLY THAT WAS

I DON'T CARE WE LOST

FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD

USA USA USA

I COULD KISS YOU RONALDO I TAKE BACK EVERY FUCKING THING IVE EVER SAID BAD ABOUT YOU I LOVE YOU

Nesotenso

nobody played well today. No chemistry up front in particular.

More troubling is Bradley having poor games and the flanks doing nothing at all. Fuck maybe Yedlin will do something starting wide right.

ZZMitch

Germany is just a better team all around (except maybe in goal I guess). I picked them to win it all and they are certainly doing their part. Just too much talent.

Pressure is off though. Any result now is just gravy IMO

NoRéN

What a pathetic performance. Germany really highlighted all the flaws in this squad.

Exciting to see Dempsey in this form again. ha!
Shit doesn't go his way, plays like a bitch.That faking the hit to his nose was pathetic.
gfjfggqsrg.jpg

Everyone lay off Bradley! Just because he's made it a habit of giving the ball away means nothing.

Beckerman is easily the biggest piece of shit on this team. Faces opposition leagues better than him, plays like a thug.

Did Jones forget how to play the way he had for the last two games? Damn!

Beasly looked amateurish today.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but, aside from that missed clearance early on Gonzalez had an excellent game.

NoRéN;118365251 said:
What a pathetic performance. Germany really highlighted all the flaws in this squad.

Exciting to see Dempsey in this form again. ha!
Shit doesn't go his way, plays like a bitch.That faking the hit to his nose was pathetic.
gfjfggqsrg.jpg

Everyone lay off Bradley! Just because he's made it a habit of giving the ball away means nothing.

Beckerman is easily the biggest piece of shit on this team. Faces opposition leagues better than him, plays like a thug.

Did Jones forget how to play the way he had for the last two games? Damn!

Beasly looked amateurish today.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but, aside from that missed clearance early on Gonzalez had an excellent game.

Why don't you go back to supporting Mexico. They are better now. Head to the world cup thread. You won't be missed.

Oozer3993

Am I crazy for thinking maybe Bradley should be dropped back into a defensive midfielder role (replacing Beckerman) and Diskerud should come in as the attacking center mid? Bradley's been almost a liability in the attack, but he's still covering a ton of ground and playing pretty well defensively.

I dunno if this is sarcasm or not, but that Belgium team spanked us good last year.

but FUCK IF I CARE, we are through! Now, it's all in our hands!

The Belgium of this World Cup is not the Belgium from that friendly. They haven't looked all that great in Brazil. They didn't have a shot on goal against Russia until the 80th minute. I really think the US can beat them (though I'm not saying they will).

NoRéN

Why don't you go back to supporting Mexico. They are better now. Head to the world cup thread. You won't be missed.

Ooh, salty. They got outplayed. Lots to learn from that. USA can accept it and learn from it or react like you are. Hopefully they use this to fix all the flaws and get to the quarter finals for the first time since 2002.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cornballer said something about posts like yours not being cool.

daoster

Guys, we're all fans of the USMNT here (except for the Mexico fans that seem to do drive by posts). Let's all try to get along, even if we don't agree with each other.

As for some of your points Noren

- Yes we were outplayed by Germany, but it's not like we rolled over by Germany either. It was a respectable showing, and considering that Germany is considered by many to be a favorite for the cup, I'll take it.

- I think Dempsey did decent today. Yeah, that nose thing was a little ehhhh, but I mean he's playing as a lone forward, if you don't get the ball, then there's not much you can do.

- Bradley....fuck man, I really don't know what to say about him. We thought this was going to be HIS tournament, but he's just disappointing so far.

- I thought Beasley looked good this game actually. Surprised that Germany didn't try to take advantage of him like Ghana and Portugal did, and he did some really nice forward runs.

- Agree with Gonzales.

Daigoro

whew, through.

it was underwhelming, but we did it. now for some much needed rest and then bring on Belgium (probably).

NoRéN;118375160 said:
Also, I'm pretty sure Cornballer said something about posts like yours not being cool.

you're not a new poster who needs to feel welcomed here. we've read your posts in these threads before, so we know what kind of shit to expect from you. dont dish it out if you cant take it.

NoRéN

Guys, we're all fans of the USMNT here (except for the Mexico fans that seem to do drive by posts). Let's all try to get along, even if we don't agree with each other.

As for some of your points Noren

- Yes we were outplayed by Germany, but it's not like we rolled over by Germany either. It was a respectable showing, and considering that Germany is considered by many to be a favorite for the cup, I'll take it.

- I think Dempsey did decent today. Yeah, that nose thing was a little ehhhh, but I mean he's playing as a lone forward, if you don't get the ball, then there's not much you can do.

- Bradley....fuck man, I really don't know what to say about him. We thought this was going to be HIS tournament, but he's just disappointing so far.

- I thought Beasley looked good this game actually. Surprised that Germany didn't try to take advantage of him like Ghana and Portugal did, and he did some really nice forward runs.

- Agree with Gonzales.
Man, but Dempsey had done so well against Ghana and Portugal. He was putting in man of the match performances. Compared to that he disappeared a bit today. i agree he couldn't do much without any service. But, when he did get the ball he went down pretty easy and he wouldn't hustle and get back up. He sat and waited for the call to go his way.

Agree with Bradley. I really thought this was where Roma would be like "We've made a huge mistake".

I really wanted 9 points and Russia in the next game.

Nesotenso

I'll just repeat what I said on the mls subreddit

With the exception of maybe Omar and Howard. No one else played well. There was no communication and rhythm when counterattacking. The troubling thing is the play of Bradley and the wide flank options of Zusi, Bedoya and Davis who have done jack shit for the most part. Yedlin off the bench has looked better in limited minutes.

And yeah even Dempsey was poor today. The attack never looked on the same page when they were breaking.

NoRéN

I'll just repeat what I said on the mls subreddit

With the exception of maybe Omar and Howard. No one else played well. There was no communication and rhythm when counterattacking. The troubling thing is the play of Bradley and the wide flank options of Zusi, Bedoya and Davis who have done jack shit for the most part. Yedlin off the bench has looked better in limited minutes.

And yeah even Dempsey was poor today. The attack never looked on the same page when they were breaking.

There's a lack of leadership on the field. Someone needs to step up and lead this damn team. Howard can't do much from goal.

What's the word on Altidore?

xbhaskarx

Goalkeeper Announces Plans To Frantically Wave And Yell At Teammates Before Corner Kicks

700.jpg

RECIFE, BRAZIL—In a surprising disclosure of tactics before his team’s World Cup match against Germany, U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard announced Thursday that he will frantically wave his arms around and yell at teammates prior to any corner kick. “As soon as everyone is in the box, I’ll just start pointing at various opposing players while screaming at my defenders with one hand cupped around my mouth,” said Howard, stressing that he will also yell “Hey!” repeatedly while gesturing toward anyone not being marked tightly by a U.S. player. “I’ll also try to shove away any guys from the other team crowding me at the goal line, before eventually running out and trying to punch the ball away as hard as I can. And I will repeat this process for every single corner kick in the match.” Howard refused to confirm his plans for any free kicks on his goal, but hinted that they may involve leaning on the goalpost and repeatedly pointing either left or right while staring at his wall of defenders.

Toothpick

Would have been nice to get a goal today, but who cares, WE MADE IT.

I am a Galaxy fan, but I was so nervous when I saw Omar Gonzalez on the starting lineup. He really showed up today though, really happy for the guy (mexican americans represent!).

I feel Brad Davis didn't contribute anything today, so underwhelming. You're telling me this US team wouldn't have benefited from having Landon Donovan creating chances, and crossing from set pieces/corners? I know, I know, that's over with. Klinsman brought us out of the group I'm not going to hold that against him anymore (thats the last time i bring LD up, I swear lol)

Am I crazy for thinking maybe Bradley should be dropped back into a defensive midfielder role (replacing Beckerman) and Diskerud should come in as the attacking center mid? Bradley's been almost a liability in the attack, but he's still covering a ton of ground and playing pretty well defensively.
Im on the same boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom