• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenz44

Banned
ozzie-usoc-goal-01a.gif

Dartastic

Glad to see Nagbe finally got a goal this year.

Now that this mindless little distraction is out of the way, time to beat the Sounders on Sunday. I really hope Liam Ridgewell is available to play. We need a better defense sooooo badly.

Lenz44

Banned
It will be interesting to see if Dempsey and Martins are given the green light on Sunday- I'm ready for the hydra to be back at full strength. Also props to Portland for not rolling over when they could have phoned it in.

Dartastic

It will be interesting to see if Dempsey and Martins are given the green light on Sunday- I'm ready for the hydra to be back at full strength. Also props to Portland for not rolling over when they could have phoned it in.
We never roll over. Like, it feels like most of the games we've played this year we've gone down early and gotten a late equalizer. I swear, supporting this team is going to shorten my lifespan.

Just a reminder that voting for the MLS All Star team that will play Bayer Munich ends tomorrow.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/2014/vote

My XI look like this

Eric Torres (CHV) Bradley Wright Phillips (NY)

Graham Zusi (SKC) Clint Dempsey (SEA) Harry Shipp (CHI) Kyle Beckerman (RSL)

Matt Besler (SKC) Bobby Boswell (DC) Chad Marshall (SEA) Aurelin Colin (SKC)

Nick Rimando (RSL)

MLS's site never works for me when it comes to stuff like this. It's completely blank except for the image on how to vote. Same problem when doing the World Cup bracket. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Chrome. I gotta hop on Safari to get it to work. Pretty annoying.

Askani

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 2m
Peter Vermes says #SportingKC hasn't received any offer for Besler that's worth discussing. "There's nothing going on there."

Someone got a shot of the Earthquakes Stadium under construction this morning while flying out of San Jose. It's coming together nicely:

You can see a sliver of Buck Shaw stadium on the right side of the photo above the train tracks.

Someone got a shot of the Earthquakes Stadium under construction this morning while flying out of San Jose. It's coming together nicely:

You can see a sliver of Buck Shaw stadium on the right side of the photo above the train tracks.

Based on the sun....I think the stadium is pointing the wrong way

xbhaskarx

Not sure how reliable this is, but:

USAprospects ‏@USAprospects 4m

Source :: A decision from the Parker Brothers re: their int'l future could come soon and will likely be the same choice #usynt #USMNT

Niiice. Won't be long before the Fire have the worst stadium situation in MLS. A good sign for the league no doubt.

xbhaskarx

But this is in the early morning. In the evening, the shadow would be flipped so that it would cover the field and most of the stands.

Which is why you don't judge the orientation of a stadium based on one photo, especially when you're not familiar enough with the area to know which way it's facing...

xbhaskarx

NASL Commissioner talks about Canada’s long-term plans, expansion and league format

NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson says his league is looking closely at one unnamed Canadian market as an expansion candidate, and is supportive of the long-term goals of the Canadian Soccer Association.

In a state-of-the-NASL conference call held Thursday morning, Peterson said he would be talking with CSA officials later in the day to discuss the organization’s long-term vision for the game in Canada. And he said the NASL would support the CSA’s vision, even if it includes the eventual launch of a Canadian Division “1A” league.

CSA, CFL and NASL to launch Canadian league

CSN has confirmed that the CSA is involved in negotiations with the CFL and NASL to launch an all-Canadian league.

There could be as many as seven teams involved, all affiliated with local CFL teams and playing in CFL stadiums.

Osorio

Wonder what Cosmos attendance will be with NYCFC in picture.

Attendance has already dropped significantly in the second year.

Osorio

Cosmos are in a really odd spot.

They should have tried to play at Citi field or something.

Don't think that matters as much as MLS vs. NASL

After all, Nassau and Suffolk County to Yankee Stadium is easier but still not a breeze compared to RBA

However, MLS is a much more enticing product. They can buy Raul, keep Senna, etc. but at the end of the day they're the only NASL team with a budget anywhere near MLS budgets.

Fox318

Don't think that matters as much as MLS vs. NASL

After all, Nassau and Suffolk County to Yankee Stadium is easier but still not a breeze compared to RBA

However, MLS is a much more enticing product. They can buy Raul, keep Senna, etc. but at the end of the day they're the only NASL team with a budget anywhere near MLS budgets.

But still it may have been a more convincing argument for MLS letting them in the club.

Osorio

In Metro news Johnny Steele and Red Bulls mutually agree to terminate his contract

Good news, considering it frees up cap space and an international spot for a guy whose use has dipped tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom