• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporting KC.

I live in Oklahoma, and our new USL team (OKC Energy FC) is SKC's affiliate.

Helps that SKC is a quality squad. Hopefully I can make it to a game or two within the next couple of years.

Good deal. We have a few SKC supporters here. Fun team to watch. I cheer for them as long as they aren't playing the Sounders or Fire.

xbhaskarx

Three decades later, why is Canada still watching the World Cup from home? | THE WORD

This week, contributor Daniel Squizzato examines the beleaguered history of Canadian soccer and tries to explain the many reasons why the country has not qualified for the World Cup in nearly 30 years.

Tom Marshall: Time for Liga MX to confront MLS head-on

Mexico's top flight has long enjoyed superiority over its northern neighbor, but it must adapt to maintain its continental dominance.

Goal: CONCACAF Team of the World Cup
Besler, Johnson, Jones, Dempsey, with Howard no the bench...

alstein

Please let's not go there, there is 0% chance MLS merges with a lower league. That's on the level of promotion / relegation...

Promotion/relegation is complete fantasy in the US- that will never happen.

The NASL growing big enough to compete with MLS- would take 30-40 years and MLS would expand to counter it if they didn't get the idiot hall- that's why I said this was a super-remote possibility.

I do think ultimately MLS is going to have to split into 2 leagues due to the number of viable MLS franchises. A 30-team MLS couldn't do home-and-homes all around.

Dartastic

Welp. Ridgewell isn't ready to start yet, Kah is still injured, and Paparatto is still questionable for Sunday. We're probably going to start O'Rourke and fucking Mckenzie as CB's. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Really hoping Yedlin and Dempsey don't eat us alive. :/

Akim

Banned
Welp. Ridgewell isn't ready to start yet, Kah is still injured, and Paparatto is still questionable for Sunday. We're probably going to start O'Rourke and fucking Mckenzie as CB's. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Really hoping Yedlin and Dempsey don't eat us alive. :/

l2VMFAX.jpg

ZZMitch

Picked up MLS Live for the first time!

Will be useful to watch Revs games in the fall when I head back to Toronto for school.

xbhaskarx

Promotion/relegation is complete fantasy in the US- that will never happen.

I do think ultimately MLS is going to have to split into 2 leagues due to the number of viable MLS franchises. A 30-team MLS couldn't do home-and-homes all around.

1. Yup.

2. Who cares? The MLS season is 34 games, even the current schedule with 19 teams doesn't do home and homes all around. In fact MLS has almost never had a balanced schedule. With conferences there are so many ways to make pretty much any schedule work with pretty much any number of teams that it's not even worth discussing.

xbhaskarx

I'm down at the Quakes-DCU game tonight. Can they continue the 1-0 losing streak?!? Let's find out!

I'm out of town but watching on TV.

At this point I think in rooting for a loss, hoping that will force some major changes.

EJ is such an ass... that should have been a yellow on Boswell but it's hard to sympathize with Lenhart even as a Quakes fan.

xbhaskarx

Gordon and Lenhart are allergic to scoring goals... they don't get paid enough for that shit at $300k

This is pretty terrible :(

The Quakes are terrible and probably play the least attractive soccer in the league to boot. I have no idea how DC are first in the east, I predicted they would finish in the bottom two.

ZZMitch

Bill Hamid is pretty great.

We need to convince some of these amazing goalkeepers to play other positions when they are younger heh

Just got home. Welp, that was a stinker. Apologies to the national tv audience that sat through it. :p

Hamid is capable of some amazing saves and the Quakes continue to be...the Quakes.
At this point I think in rooting for a loss, hoping that will force some major changes.
That's about where I am now. I honestly don't blame Watson or the team for a lot of this. They just don't have the players to get it done these days. Time to reshuffle the deck.

Clydefrog

Just got home. Welp, that was a stinker. Apologies to the national tv audience that sat through it. :p

Hamid is capable of some amazing saves and the Quakes continue to be...the Quakes.
That's about where I am now. I honestly don't blame Watson or the team for a lot of this. They just don't have the players to get it done these days. Time to reshuffle the deck.

f u for making me watch 19 minutes of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom