• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have seen you. Me and my dad were isolated at the back part of the section that was pretty empty. We're kinda introverted lol

I was in the second to last row from the back, dead center. Amazing seats.

Where you were sitting, I don't blame you. I had the distinct honor of seeing the lady in front of me scratch her bare foot on the back of the seat in front of her for a good 30 seconds. She really got in there.

Osorio

I was in the second to last row from the back, dead center. Amazing seats.

Where you were sitting, I don't blame you. I had the distinct honor of seeing the lady in front of me scratch her bare foot on the back of the seat in front of her for a good 30 seconds. She really got in there.
Oh yeah that old lady who was super jovial by herself. She reminded me of the grandma in hey Arnold.

And yeah I like being in the supporters section for ambiance but the view is so good upstairs.

Oh yeah that old lady who was super jovial by herself. She reminded me of the grandma in hey Arnold.

And yeah I like being in the supporters section for ambiance but the view is so good upstairs.

I think i might've been in front of you because I don't remember seeing an old lady. I was in the front part, row 7. The aisle where you could walk around the entire upper part practically was behind me. I think they dropped something from there for a tifo. I saw two women rolling something up. I have to check what I recorded.

Osorio

I think i might've been in front of you because I don't remember seeing an old lady. I was in the front part, row 7. The aisle where you could walk around the entire upper part practically was behind me. I think they dropped something from there for a tifo. I saw two women rolling something up. I have to check what I recorded.
Oh nvm then. I was two rows back from the center split. Def some weirdos up there and some couple obviously from the shore making out most of the match.

I'd like to go to a game in the upper deck that's packed as the acoustics must be great but I have seasons in 101

I'd like to go to a game in the upper deck that's packed as the acoustics must be great but I have seasons in 101

Now, is there a lot of focus on watching the game? The saw these three guys (one bald guy with a bushy beard dead center and the dude with the viking helmet, who I've seen before) with their backs to the game almost the entire time. Seems like they were more interested in rousing up the crowd than what was going on.

I am consistently amazed at how many red cards there are in MLS.

Saw my first one in person during the game tonight. I don't know how it led to a red card though. I have to watch what I recorded.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Now, is there a lot of focus on watching the game? The saw these three guys (one bald guy with a bushy beard dead center and the dude with the viking helmet, who I've seen before) with their backs to the game almost the entire time. Seems like they were more interested in rousing up the crowd than what was going on.

Saw my first one in person during the game tonight. I don't know how it led to a red card though. I have to watch what I recorded.

It was his second yellow, that's all.

Osorio

Those guys are the capos. Their job is to coordinate the three sections and keep the cadence of the group intact. In giants stadium the guy who kept us singing was in the middle of the section but there were only a few hundred of us. Now there are around 2000 people you have to coordinate across three sections. I've been Asked to do it but I didn't spend money on my season ticket not to watch the game

Meier

Cubo is damn good. Sold him for Dom Dwyer earlier tonight since Dom has the dual week. Tough decision.

Delgado maybe lucky to avoid a red himself there.

Osorio

Out of nowhere chives is getting back in the playoff hunt

Cubo for MVP right now

He's taking chivas where they don't belong

Those guys are the capos. Their job is to coordinate the three sections and keep the cadence of the group intact. In giants stadium the guy who kept us singing was in the middle of the section but there were only a few hundred of us. Now there are around 2000 people you have to coordinate across three sections. I've been Asked to do it but I didn't spend money on my season ticket not to watch the game

Gotcha. I have to get a couple of seats down there for at least one game, just for the experience. Where I was sitting tonight, I was getting into it. Down there would probably be a blast.

Also, don't blame you in not wanting to lead. I got pissed when some guy stood up in my peripheral vision. Back to the game would make me nuts.

Osorio

Finally a clean sheet for one of my defenders

Also how does rimando make the goal look so small while being so diminutive?

Osorio

Gotcha. I have to get a couple of seats down there for at least one game, just for the experience. Where I was sitting tonight, I was getting into it. Down there would probably be a blast.

Also, don't blame you in not wanting to lead. I got pissed when some guy stood up in my peripheral vision. Back to the game would make me nuts.
If you want a game there get a ticket in 201 and ill swap with you for that one

I've been doing it so long it's getting boring to me lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goddammit. I missed the Bulls game earlier. Looks like it was a good game to watch. How'd we look?

Well, there were parts where we looked good then there were parts where we looked like shit. We could definitely play better than we did, but all together it wasn't bad.

Pre

Xavi would be an interesting signing, but I'm still hoping MLS can secure contracts with good, younger Europeans. Signing aging stars is good for growing the league long-time, though, but having guys like Robbie Keane, who was still very much capable of playing at a high level in a top European league when he came to MLS, helps even more, I think.

On a related note, I'm torn about exciting young MLS players like Yedlin. They obviously attract interest from Europe, and playing in Europe will help them become better players for the national team, but I greedily want to keep them in America to help grow MLS. This conflict makes me think of Simon Kuper and similar writers who debunk the arguments made by some in England that the English national team's problem is that there are too many foreigners in the EPL.

GRW810

Henry is now the franchise assist leader with 37 beating amado Guevara and tab Ramos

Legend
How far behind JPA is he in the club's goalscorers list? If I remember correctly he was about fifteen behind at the start of the season? Bearing in mind this is almost certainly his last season he's going to have to ramp up the scoring rate to take that record.

Osorio

How far behind JPA is he in the club's goalscorers list? If I remember correctly he was about fifteen behind at the start of the season? Bearing in mind this is almost certainly his last season he's going to have to ramp up the scoring rate to take that record.

According to this list panizio was wrong and he's tied with Ramos and Guevara in assists with 39

As for catching up with Jpa he's quite behind

http://metrofanatic.com/team/stats.jsp?ALL=1

CobbFC09

So much good soccer on the schedule for today.

First the World Cup Final. Then Portland Thorns FC-FC Kansas City (NWSL) at 7:00pm EDT followed by the nightcap at 10:00pm EDT between Seattle-Portland (MLS).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;120802357 said:
I wonder if the teams he goes on trial with think the same thing every us fan thinks, wtf happened to this guy?

Probably. Dude needs to come back to MLS for a few years, if only to get some regular playing time.

ZZMitch

Alright guys, that was fun but now for the real action! Less than 4 hours until Portland vs Seattle :D

I am not sure who to cheer for. I like a lot of Seattle's players (like Yedlin, Dempsey and Alonso), but I sometimes feel the need to cheer for the 'other' Portland (I live right near Portland, Maine)...

Screw it, we are the better Portland anyway, go Seattle!

Dartastic

Alright guys, that was fun but now for the real action! Less than 4 hours until Portland vs Seattle :D

I am not sure who to cheer for. I like a lot of Seattle's players (like Yedlin, Dempsey and Alonso), but I sometimes feel the need to cheer for the 'other' Portland (I live right near Portland, Maine)...

Screw it, we are the better Portland anyway, go Seattle!
I thought we Portland's were cool since we are quite literally across the country...
Rooting for Portland just so Seattle isn't miles ahead of every other team, I want meaningful games in September.
Root for us because we are the underdogs this match. It's fun to root for the underdogs! Our defense is in shambles, Seattle is playing at home, and they have Dempsey back. It's gonna be rough.

ZZMitch

I thought we Portland's were cool since we are quite literally across the country...

Root for us because we are the underdogs this match. It's fun to root for the underdogs! Our defense is in shambles, Seattle is playing at home, and they have Dempsey back. It's gonna be rough.

Haha Im kidding I will probably root for Portland because they are underdogs like was said. Hope its a good game!

xbhaskarx

NYTimes from July 10, 1930:
BsRJ4MgCMAEv1jy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom