• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Nick Hornby on the World Cup so far... who cares, except:

It's true that only two of the sudden-death games were goalless, and both of them featured the dismal, cynical, life-sapping Dutch. Not only have they hardly crossed the half-way line since their extraordinary 5-1 win over Spain, but they have now failed to score in their last World Cup final, semifinal and quarterfinal -- six hours of football. But in every single match in the round of 16, the favourites beat the underdogs narrowly without ever playing very well. One of those games, Belgium vs. the USA, was probably the best World Cup match of the 21st century; the rest of them were mostly on the dull side.

xbhaskarx

U20 MNT forward Rubio Rubin starts, goes 76 min, and scores 2 goals as the Utrecht reserves win their first preseason match 4-0.

Fulham Football Club @fulhamfc · 3h
53' GOAL! Hyndman finds Stafylidis with the left-back's strike from distance spilled by the keeper The ball trickles over the line. 0-2.

@1FSVMainz05: TOOOOOOOOR! 2:0 Devante Parker (62.) nach Vorlage von Patrick Pflücke! #Mainz05 #Testspiel

Kyle_Scott @kylescott22 · 3h
Good 1st game of pre-season..beat Bournemouth 4-1, nice to get a goal as well

Rubio Mendez Rubin @RubioRubin · 2h
First preseason match today with Jong. Won 4-0 scored two goals. Happy to be back in Utrecht. Blessed. Enjoy the weekend.

Danny Barbir @DannyBarbir · 3h
Made my debut for West Brom today and scored my first goal. Won 3-0. Truly blessed #WBAFC

Junior Flores started for BVBII as well...

Red Bull aficionados, I'm going to the match tonight and I got a question. I wanna buy a jersey. Is there a shop somewhere I can make such a purchase? I went to two matches last season but never went looking for the shop.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Red Bull aficionados, I'm going to the match tonight and I got a question. I wanna buy a jersey. Is there a shop somewhere I can make such a purchase? I went to two matches last season but never went looking for the shop.

Yes there is. I'm not sure if they'll have names and numbers on them, but there is definitely a swag shop. It's near the food place on the side opposite the team benches. I got my scarf there.

xbhaskarx

Yeah a few others scored as well, I added them in...

In other YNT news:
U20 World Cup 2015 Qualifying will take place Jan 9-25, 2015 for CONCACAF. #USMNT

it's in Honduras

xbhaskarx

Apparently Jermaine Jones threw out the first pitch at the Dodgers game... probably only a matter of time before he signs with MLS.

xbhaskarx

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article715962.html

According to TV Eyes, a national TV and radio monitoring service, news of the Dwyer selfie was broadcast to more than 10 million people across the country. The time it was given on national shows — “Good Morning America” and ESPN’s “Around The Horn,” for example — equated to more than $1 million in advertising space. That figure doesn’t include local broadcast stations or newspaper publications.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/323485.htmld

Barcelona midfielder Xavi would be welcomed at MLS side New York Red Bulls, according to Ruben Bover.

Xavi, 34, has been tipped to leave the Nou Camp this summer, although his current contract expires in 2016.

The Spain midfielder has previously been linked with a move to the MLS, and his compatriot Bover has said talk of a transfer has resurfaced.

"In New York they are talking about the arrival of Xavi," AS reports Bover as telling La Xarxa.

"But until it becomes official I don't believe it. You hear so many things. But it would be great to see him play in his final years."

Bover added: "If Xavi comes it will be a real treat for the league, for the fans, the clubs. The league continues to grow and I would recommend that he comes to New York Red Bulls.

"Coming to New York, or to [New York City FC] he will love. I'm sure he will love New York. I don't know about Seattle.

"The experience in New York is very good, so worth it, highly recommended.
"When you join a club in a city like New York, playing with people like Thierry Henry and others, I always dreamt of something like it when I was a child.

"Major League Soccer is a level that is rising. It's a fast and physical league and it's growing and it shows. There are people coming to the stadium."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/323485.html#5Bvh1R625oRhXj82.99

xbhaskarx

MLS needs a whip around show, I keep missing goals because I'm watching the wrong game.

Edit: Just as I write that I see Philly score

Edit: and a penalty to Colorado seconds later

Osorio

Did you check the bullshop at the front of the stadium next to the box office?

Did you check the bullshop at the front of the stadium next to the box office?

Yes, I checked there. I never noticed it before since I always printed out tickets. This time, they were waiting for me at will call. They had them but not personalized. They told me to go to the big shop near section 106. They had them there. Got a Cahill home jersey. :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes, I checked there. I never noticed it before since I always printed out tickets. This time, they were waiting for me at will call. They had them but not personalized. They told me to go to the big shop near section 106. They had them there. Got a Cahill home jersey. :)

Sweet, congrats. How'd you like the game?

Osorio

The atmosphere was booty today. Then again I usually stand in 101 but decided to sit in 201 with my dad today. Lots of people there seemed to have no clue or interest as to what happened on the field.

I'm sure if people knew the bars around the stadium it would be better. I see lots of people go straight from train to stadium and the reverse after it ends.

Sweet, congrats. How'd you like the game?

It was great. Nice first match of the season to attend. Doesn't top the Supporters' Shield match though. That was crazy fun.

The atmosphere was booty today. Then again I usually stand in 101 but decided to sit in 201 with my dad today. Lots of people there seemed to have no clue or interest as to what happened on the field.

I'm sure if people knew the bars around the stadium it would be better. I see lots of people go straight from train to stadium and the reverse after it ends.

That's where I was! If you happened to see someone in a Donovan USA jersey, that was me, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom