• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;120871783 said:
Why did he even leave MLS? Wasn't he at one of the east coast teams? Philadelphia? Kinda says alot about his game if I can't recall what team he played for.

Freddy Adu: What could have been

He was at Philly but that was a long time ago, wait nevermind. He was with DC and Real Salt Lake way back when, with Philly from 2011 to 2013 and then he went back to Europe for whatever reason. Probably because he only played 35 times with Philly in that span. Looking at his resume, he's jumped around a lot but seems to have had done fairly well at MLS.

Looking at his U-17, U-20 and U-23 stats just makes you think what could have been. 16 goals in 15 apps with the U-17, jesus what the hell happened?

NoRéN

He was at Philly but that was a long time ago, wait nevermind. He was with DC and Real Salt Lake way back when, with Philly from 2011 to 2013 and then he went back to Europe for whatever reason. Probably because he only played 35 times with Philly in that span. Looking at his resume, he's jumped around a lot but seems to have had done fairly well at MLS.

Looking at his U-17, U-20 and U-23 stats just makes you think what could have been. 16 goals in 15 apps with the U-17, jesus what the hell happened?
Someone needs to talk to our players and explain to them that going to the "best leagues in the world" (Europe) does not necessarily equal becoming a better player. I would much rather they focus on leagues that fit their style and can held them improve on that. Don't want anymore Jozy at Sunderland situations.

MLS seems like the best hope for adu. Don't want him ending up in some obscure Greek team or something.

Damn, dude. Those stats really do bum you out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;120885610 said:
Someone needs to talk to our players and explain to them that going to the "best leagues in the world" (Europe) does not necessarily equal becoming a better player. I would much rather they focus on leagues that fit their style and can held them improve on that. Don't want anymore Jozy at Sunderland situations.

MLS seems like the best hope for adu. Don't want him ending up in some obscure Greek team or something.

Damn, dude. Those stats really do bum you out.

Yea, I'm sort of hoping that Jozy comes to MLS on loan. There's a lot of teams that need a target forward and he needs some play time.

Osorio

Did anyone watch the Final on Univision? About halfway through they seemed to say Xavi was heading to NYRB

Still not going to consider it official but it's definitely a sign.

Osorio

This game needs some chances. You can't tell there's 67k people there

Though I understand that Portland wants to remain organized at the back

This game needs some chances. You can't tell there's 67k people there

Though I understand that Portland wants to remain organized at the back

the thing i'm not liking is you can't hear anything besides the booth. it just feels so empty takes some of the fun out of it, there was great sound in the world cup.

CobbFC09

Jeremiah Oshan ‏@JeremiahOshan
You can take EJ out of Seattle, but you … can’t take EJ out of Seattle.

iCmzTHZ.jpg

Osorio

the thing i'm not liking is you can't hear anything besides the booth. it just feels so empty takes some of the fun out of it, there was great sound in the world cup.
I notice when espn does a red bulls game they only place mics by the supporters group

Makes the rest of the stadium barely audible

Osorio

Apparently this is what was said on Univision:

"Si Xavi viene a la MLS con los Red Bull de New York hay que ir a verlo."

So...no confirmation at all just talks that there are talks

What a bummer

Meier

This one is wide open now. A bit shocked Dempsey didn't bury that chance. Yedlin playing well here in the 2nd half. That diagonal ball he put in towards goal was a beauty.

Meier

Man, that was terrible from that Timbers defender. Can't allow Dempsey to stay onside there. Just walking back like no big deal.

CobbFC09

Timbers just haven't been able to get anything going since the Dempsey goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see another Sounders goal before it's over and done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom