• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

thought Seltzer said that Yedlin to Roma talks had broke down. If he does leave for Serie A, let's hope for a loan to somewhere where he can get playing time.

Osorio

Looks like we're getting close to signing Perinelle, a player who spent most of his time in Ligue 2...

Can play CB or RB, and it seems like Roxy and Petke were impressed with his trial

Armando on his way out?

Askani

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article791676.html

In a Wednesday night news conference at Sporting Park, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and Sporting Club and Wyandotte County officials unveiled plans to construct a $75 million-plus National Training and Coaching Development Center — which they hope will serve as the future home of the U.S. Soccer Federation.

The 190-acre soccer village would be located at the southeast corner of 98th Street and Parallel Parkway in Kansas City, Kan., about a 10-minute drive across Interstate 435 from Sporting Kansas City’s home stadium. The plans call for 16 fields — eight youth fields and eight lighted professional “smart” fields — plus a state-of-the-art indoor complex that includes a practice field.

The center would likely be completed in 2016. It could potentially function as the training facility for U.S. Soccer, according to the federation’s president, Sunil Gulati.

“Player and coaching development is a main focus for U.S. Soccer, and we are pleased that Sporting Club is pursuing a world-class training facility to help the sport continue to grow and advance,” Gulati said in a release.

“We’re looking forward to working with Sporting Club on the next steps toward the creation of the National Training and Coaching Development Center and anticipate it hosting our national teams and coaching education programming in the future.”

An agreement with U.S. Soccer has not yet been finalized, according to the release, but the federation is discussing a 20-year lease of the facilities with two additional five-year options.

The training and development center — set to be designed by Kansas City’s Populous, which designed Sporting Park — would feature a climate-controlled 100,000-square-foot indoor pavilion, beach training courses, futsal courts and running courses. Plans call for the pavilion to be attached to a 125-room extended-stay hotel.

The center would also include a sports science institute, according to the study, which further highlights a vision to have the complex hold men’s, women’s and youth training camps, national coaching courses, referee training sessions and U.S. Soccer Federation meetings.

The National Soccer Coaches Association of America, already located in Wyandotte County, would be expected to move its operations to the National Training and Coaching Development Center.

xbhaskarx

us%20soccer%20rendering.jpg

MLS site has it up now...
Sporting Club announce US Soccer National Training Center development plan in Kansas City

omg football at Fenway... that looks so wrong

The game was pretty bad too, but at least Roma won in stoppage time.

Somehow field box/close to home plate seats were marketed as limited view, but we were behind the corner flag and could see everything just fine.

Mully

Going to the Liverpool v. Man City game at Yankee Stadium next week. Is anyone else from GAF gonna be there? I'll be in the Liverpool supporter section.

devilhawk

When you sub 11 guys then actually sub out a sub, it means this game didn't mean much.

It's exhibit A of why a midweek friendly in between two league matches is just dumb.

No shame in how we played.

Nesotenso

Kafari looks to be terrible signing.
When you sub 11 guys then actually sub out a sub, it means this game didn't mean much.

It's exhibit A of why a midweek friendly in between two league matches is just dumb.

No shame in how we played.

agreed. entire exercise was a waste of time. Their subs are way better than our subs and everyone knew this going in. Even dedicating silverware to a once off, meaningless friendly seems over the top. No point to any of this except some gate revenue.

Meier

Going to the Liverpool v. Man City game at Yankee Stadium next week. Is anyone else from GAF gonna be there? I'll be in the Liverpool supporter section.
City section for me! Our seats are in 14B. So pumped!

Honestly, Sporting played well I thought. They hung tough with us in the first half and if I has to guess, had about 55% possession in that first half. The movement of the ball and crisp passing was really impressive I thought. A few really good chances were there and didn't quite pan out and that's going to happen sometimes. City's B team even with a few youth players peppered in is probably like the 6th best XI in England so there's no shame in the result.

devilhawk

The Sporting - City game would have been better if it was like Seattle, who had a week off after their friendly.

Friendlies a few days after and a few days before important league games are bewildering to me.

xbhaskarx

What is this strange feeling I have... the opposite of shame?

But Chicago are crap so I'm not sure how much can be read into a home win against a team that's comparable in terms of record but against weaker Eastern conference opponents.

And just as I'm writing that they get one back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom