• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Matt Doyle going in hard

Doyle revels in trolling Arsenal fans, so yesterday was like Christmas for him.

Win or lose, solid bet that Arsenal finishes this game in 4th place.

RBNY should try to bring in a big club for next year's friendly.

Serious tho, no disrespect to Arsenal - clearly a playoff-caliber team in the Eastern Conference. West is a real dogfight, tho.

FWIW, I don't like/dislike Arsenal any more/less than any other EPL team. I just enjoy that their fans are so easily trolled.

But I suppose that if I rooted for the NY Mets of the EPL, I'd be pretty easily trolled as well.

Retweeted by Matthew Doyle
Shawn Francis @TheOffsideRules
All these people clapping for Henry like he's retiring. Feel like they have no idea he plays here again next week.

lol

There's no one here at the Quakes - Atletico game. They pushed back the kickoff an hour due to "traffic" but I'd be shocked if there were more than 10k actually in the stadium right now.

xbhaskarx

Not sure what they expected at Candlestick...

Is Thompson playing?
Tommy Thompson @tomthom11

It's just kinda settling in that i'm playing against the La Liga champions @Atleti tomorrow afternoon at Candlestick Park.. So pumped

8:54pm - 26 Jul 14

Edit: never mind, I just realized it's on beIN... wow the stadium really is empty.

xbhaskarx

Shoen blows Hudson's mind by informing him that he played with Tommy's dad Greg back in the day, apparently a defender with national team caps.

Seattle whooping dat ass:

iJI6nxn.jpg

BtmBZD8IcAA12Qa.jpg

3pts away from being season winners. Would've gone undefeated if not for Chicago Red Stars.

Dartastic

Seattle whooping dat ass:

BtmBZD8IcAA12Qa.jpg

3pts away from being season winners. Would've gone undefeated if not for Chicago Red Stars.
Thorns defense this season has been awful. I have no idea what's going on there.

In regards to the Montreal game, I'm sick and tired of the "hack down Nagbe and Valeri" strategy. It's bullshit.

Ugh Thompson comes in for the second half and immediately blows a golden opportunity
I thought he played pretty well today aside from that miss. Hopefully he comes back to the Quakes and gets some time because he looks like he could be useful to the team.

Overall, the game was weird since the attendance was anemic and it was a friendly. Koval also looks like maybe he should be playing center back instead of midfielder. He isn't great in traffic, and I'm not sure that something that he can learn.

@TBoyd91 said:
Dear Fans I will be out for 10 weeks due to a partially torn ACL. I'll come back stronger to put on for @DieRotenBullen and @ussoccer
That's too bad. Boyd's been playing well and scoring recently. At least it's just a short layoff.

Also:
@DougMacESPN said:
Julian Green says sore knee that kept him from training last week is fine. He’s available for Bayern’s two-match U.S. tour. #usmnt

MLS clubs are still able to sign new players? Ronaldinho is free agent now.

That would be exciting. I don't care if he is washed up, he would still be one of the best CAMs in the league.

Where did you read he is available on a free?

Edit - Nm, found an article http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/ronaldinho-on-his-way-out-jo_792639.html

He was then given a week off by Atletico officials to take part in a testimonial game for former Barcelona teammate Deco.

But he failed to show up for Friday`s match in Lisbon after reportedly missing his flight.

According to local media, Ronaldinho has not contacted anybody at Atletico since the Recopa victory.

"We don`t know anything and we will wait for an official word about him," added Jo, one of Ronaldinho`s closest friends at the Belo Horizonte-based club.

So assuming he's still alive, I hope MLS makes a pitch to him.

UncleO

M'Bohli will (probably) be a step up from what's in the net now and MacMath gets sent back to his home state potentially.

Also we could call him Rais Al Goal

No doubt he will be a step up, but the guy leading the line is 33/34 and looks like my gym teacher from when i was in school. Our midfield was clicking before Chaco took and injury a better striker would help this team greatly.

xbhaskarx

I don't understand the complaints, much like money can be exchanged for goods and services, excess goalkeepers can be traded for help at other positions. Maybe they trade both MacMath and Blake, and sign Zack Steffen as the eventual successor to M'Bolhi. Given the ages of all four that probably makes more sense than keeping one of MacMath or Blake. Aside from the expansion teams, they could certainly use some goalkeeping help in Montreal or Houston (Tally Hall is so overrated), even Kennedy isn't what he used to be, or maybe Blake can back up his countryman Ricketts in Portland...

Osorio

Juan Pablo will enter the last 5 months of his season soon :(

Btk_MDQIgAAMvI3.jpg:large

Thank you all for making it a memorable career! @nacionaloficial @CARPoficial @NewYorkRedBulls @AVFCOfficial #LAG pic.twitter.com/FmiKRCGUDQ

For any Red Bulls fans who weren't into the team at the time, this guy was class. How he got 62 goals with the shit midfielders (besides Van den Bergh) giving him "service" is a testament to his greatness.

Osorio

Angel can probably be considered the first really successful DP, either him or Schelotto for the Crew. Beckham was eventually successful but not until a bit later...

The Benny Feilhaber Show - Episode 7

Schelotto won silverware so I'd put him above Angel but JPA is just under him.

For DPs I'd have a scale like:

Claudio Reyna/Denilson----------------------------------------------------------------------Schelotto/Angel

With someone like Maurice Edu in the middle.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Doubleheader y'all

Oooh, I'll probably stay around for that.

Juan Pablo will enter the last 5 months of his season soon :(

Btk_MDQIgAAMvI3.jpg:large

For any Red Bulls fans who weren't into the team at the time, this guy was class. How he got 62 goals with the shit midfielders (besides Van den Bergh) giving him "service" is a testament to his greatness.

I only caught him at the twilight of his Red Bulls career, but he was awesome.

My favorite JPA moment is his last minute free kick against Houston in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom