• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

Seattle has been embarrassing. All their midfield has done is give the ball away constantly. They've had at two throw-ins where they've thrown it straight to a Galaxy defender, and their backline looks clueless. What a dire display so far.

Toothpick

Galaxy destroying haha. Glad i put Landon as my captain in fantasy. Wish they had a better show against Man U.

Zardes almost made it 4 - 0 there

NoRéN

I like hearing a rendition of sounders til I die while people are leaving their seats 15 mins from time

lol

Good stuff. Almost makes up for the money I spent to watch the Manchester United target practice at the Rose Bowl.

Where's your douchebag celebration now, dempsey?

xbhaskarx

1. It's rather offensive to the rest of the league, as if Seattle is so good they can't get beaten by multiple goals at home. This isn't La Liga.

2. How come they didn't issue a refund after the Revs beat them 5-0 at home a few months ago, isn't that more embarrassing than losing 4-0 to the eventual Shield winners...

Osorio

1. It's rather offensive to the rest of the league, as if Seattle is so good they can't get beaten by multiple games at home. This isn't La Liga.

2. How come they didn't issue a refund after the Revs beat them 5-0 at home a few months ago, isn't that more embarrassing than losing 4-0 to the eventual Shield winners...

I think they realized how pompous they were after the first refund. I mean it was their third season in the league lol

And la were shield and cup winners that year nonetheless

Osorio

Man, there are so many games I wish I got a refund on. I'd be loaded if rbny/metro did that retroactively

Toronto fans should get like 6 years of refunds

Well not a good performance at all by the Sounders obviously. Also not the ideal way to start off a very busy part of their schedule. At least no one was hurt or red carded and hopefully they can just move on and chalk it up to an off night/last minute defensive sub/playing a good team that just got embarrassed on a global level and was looking to take it out on someone.

Osorio

There's been an mls game everyday from last Wednesday til tonight

Now Im Itching for our game against the stormin Mormons on Wednesday

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well not a good performance at all by the Sounders obviously. Also not the ideal way to start off a very busy part of their schedule. At least no one was hurt or red carded and hopefully they can just move on and chalk it up to an off night/last minute defensive sub/playing a good team that just got embarrassed on a global level and was looking to take it out on someone.

Yea, LA Galaxy was going to beat whoever they played after that ManU game. LA had shit to prove and it's just Seattle's bad luck that they were next on the schedule. I don't think there was any way Seattle could have won that game, I just got through the first half (I got spoiled on the way home, so it doesn't matter much) and they haven't stood a chance so far. It's been all LA all the time so far.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Yes. Finally. Dat history. Timmy Howard, JPA, Petke, Mathis. They just needed Jozy, Savarese, Vermes, Tab Ramos, and Tony Meola, and it would've been perfect!

Petke talking about the Red Bull badge is my only gripe.

I'll be renewing day one thanks to Arsenal!

I'm renewing, getting a second ticket, and probably moving to 101. The track jacket Red members got made me a bit jealous, haha.

Osorio

I'm renewing, getting a second ticket, and probably moving to 101. The track jacket Red members got made me a bit jealous, haha.

Nice. I'll see you around. I'll be renewing in 101 even though I've been in 201 the last few games.

I forgot about that jacket. Just makes me feel like my tickets are robbery.

$320 for season tickets + $100 track jacket for free then getting $150 for my arsenal ticket, which was given for free

Garber on the Miami situation:
MLS Commissioner Don Garber on Miami Expansion
"Miami remains a top priority for us. But we are mindful of the challenges we had in the past and must have the right ownership group and stadium location. David has been working to secure additional partners, all if approved, would be terrific MLS owners. David and his partners have not yet been able to secure a site that we believe provides the proper access and iconic presence that will help ensure success. We remain focused on a downtown Miami location, and we will not expand to Miami unless we have a downtown site for the stadium." - Don Garber

xbhaskarx

Matt Besler, Tim Cahill carry torch for MLS, USMNT on Goal.com's "Goal 50" list

On Monday, Goal.com unveiled its "Goal 50" list for 2014, in which they rank the 50 best players in the world for the fall-to-summer season just completed. And CONCACAF landed a player each from its top three teams at the World Cup.

US national team and Sporting Kansas City defender Matt Besler (No. 46) is the lone American to make the list. Mexico's Rafa Marquez checks in at No. 39, while Joel Campbell is rewarded for Costa Rica's near-semifinal run at the World Cup with a spot at No. 31.

In other relations to North and Central America, the New York Red Bulls' Tim Cahill respresents Australia in the No. 50 spot.

In contrast, not a single English player made the 2014 list. This comes on the heels of only one Englishman — recent New York City FC Designated Player Frank Lampard — making the list in 2013, at No. 50.

The full list for the 2014 Goal 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom