• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Altidore-DC-2.jpg

Wtf Jozy...
http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article...nd-commercial-partnership-epls-sunderland-afc

Osorio

Damien Perrinelle is cleared to play this weekend, and not a moment too soon as the New York Red Bulls' back line needs some reinforcements.

Brian Lewis at the New York Post is reporting that Perrinelle, who was held out of last weekend's game due to a visa issue, has received both his P-1 visa and his International Transfer Certificate and can play Sunday in Chicago against the Chicago Fire.

Perrinelle will likely ride the bench, providing cover for the likely starting tandem of Armando and Ibrahim Sekagya.

Usual starter Jamison Olave is out, serving the second of his two-game suspension after he took a whack at Olmes Garcia's testes. Matt Miazga, who has asserted himself as the third choice center back, is serving a red card suspension.

As far as what Perrinelle brings, he can play both right and center back, and, according to sporting director Andy Roxburgh, has a bit of technical skill, too.

That's nice but I still have no faith. We've never, ever won in Bridgeview. Then again, we broke out streak in New England with a depleted lineup too.

Plus, the team could be going for a little revenge after that 5-4 loss at home earlier in the season.

Lupe taken up the fight:

The Fire received a helping hand from Chicago’s own Lupe Fiasco as it waits for U.S. men’s national team star Jermaine Jones to make a decision on the team’s contract offer. Fiasco tweeted his pitch Tuesday for Jones and all to see.

“Dear @Jermainejunior Chicago needs all the heroes it can get!” Fiasco tweeted. “Yeah the winters suck but that's why they make mink coats! Also @Jermainejunior Mama Fiasco is legendary in the kitchen...all you gotta do is say the word! mi casa es su casa!”

Apparently Kaka may stay at Sao Paulo longer if they qualify for the Libertadores -- that'd be a bit of a slap in the face to Orlando City fans but I can't necessarily blame him. Hopefully they end up missing out so the point is moot.

Brazilian players actually give a shit about their teams.

I remember one guy had a clause in his contract when he went to Europe in August that hed get to play the Club World Cup with his old team in December.

Edit: holy shit Rogerio Ceni is still their goalie?

Osorio

I'll begin preparing the Happening Bunker.

“I know he’s talked to his agent the other day. There’s all sorts of interest now,” said Roxburgh. “He’s not only the top goal-scorer in the league, but scoring against Bayern [in Wednesday's MLS All-Star Game] and the way he scored, that’s attracting all sorts of interest.”

What'd I tell you.

Askani

We have 8 games in September so there better be help coming

I'd trade Alexander, Eckersley, Armando, and Convey for a cup of fountain of youth water to give to Henry.

Poor BC. He's probably on the short list of "to be traded" players. 5th MLS club in 5-6 years? Eesh. Journeyman status confirmed.

xbhaskarx

Vitesse Arnhem signs American striker Kai Koreniuk

Vitesse signed American U17 striker Kai Koreniuk to his first professional contract, who signed a three-year deal with the Arnhem club earlier today. Koreniuk, aged sixteen, comes from Vitesse's academy, and has both Dutch and US citizenship.

A striker who appears to have a good mix of size and speed, Koreniuk has had something of a meteoric rise. As the Orlando Sentinel explains, he had been playing for a youth club in Orlando, Florida just a year ago, before making the decision to move to the Netherlands to chase his dream of professional football.

Askani

I know we signed this guy:

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/sites/newyork/files/image_nodes/2013/12/Convey_TFC_04_620x350.jpg

but on the field he looks like this guy:

[IMG]https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608035092958480575&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qEKDiL6.gif

Osorio

Poor BC. He's probably on the short list of "to be traded" players. 5th MLS club in 5-6 years? Eesh. Journeyman status confirmed.

Yep. He's on the trading block.

After coming up empty at the close of the transfer window, the New York Red Bulls are exploring possible trades and signings to help bolster their lineup and ease their cap woes.

One player who is on the trading block is Bobby Convey.

Multiple sources tell EOS the 31-year-old Philadelphia native has been shopped around to several teams in the league. Interest, however, has been lukewarm — and that is putting it kindly.

Convey came to New York with great promise. The former U.S. Men’s National Team player joined the Red Bulls from Toronto F.C. for a pair of draft picks. A league veteran, Convey was seen as a valuable — and affordable — commodity for New York in a year that promised unique fixture congestion. With his ability to play on the left wing, left fullback and even as an attacking midfielder, the Red Bulls envisioned a scenario where the well-traveled playmaker would push Jonny Steele for minutes while filling in gaps for the club during World Cup, Champions League and U.S. Open Cup play.

Team Sporting Director Andy Roxburgh even expressed that Convey could be the attacking midfielder the Red Bulls had hoped for.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/shopping-looking-players-28005/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are we going to get angry Donovan tonight or already-checked-out retired Donovan?

Well according to him he's only playing this well because he's retiring. I hope he's trying to make a run at that assist record before he retires.

Hype levels rising.

We have 8 games in September so there better be help coming

I'd trade Alexander, Eckersley, Armando, and Convey for a cup of fountain of youth water to give to Henry.

Shit, I'd give them up for one more year from Henry.

xbhaskarx

Bill Riley ‏@espn700bill

BREAKING/OFFICAL: #RSL GM Garth Lagerwey confirms to @ESPN700 Argentine Strike Sebastian Jaime to @RealSaltLake pending visa

#RSL Assistant Coach @bommadog was a key piece in getting the ball rolling with Sebastian Jaime. Has seen him play upwards of 30 times

Sebastian Jaime will occupy a DP slot. As Lagerwey says this is as much an accounting mechanism as much as anything. #RSL

A healthy Saborio, a fit Plata and a smooth transition for Jaime could make for a fun October and November for #RSL

Kazerei

Banned
I'm impressed CBC is showing the Womens U20 FIFA World Cup on TV. It's seriously on their main broadcast channel, at prime time on a Friday evening. Didn't think it was such a big deal. Too bad Finland is kicking Canada's butt.

xbhaskarx

Time out! Elk Grove says it's still in game to land MLS franchise

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/3386721/elkgrovesoccerstadium*600xx2612-1741-169-0.jpg
A group that’s been working to bring Major League Soccer to Elk Grove still believes it has a shot to do so, even with representatives from a rival proposal by Sacramento Republic FC and the Sacramento Kings meeting with league officials this week.

Fabian Nuñez, a former state legislator working with the group Northern California Soccer LLC, said the MLS will meet with his group and tour a possible site in Elk Grove when it’s also supposed to visit sites suggested by the Kings/Republic partnership.

Too bad there are no time outs in soccer...

The mayor of Elk Grove:

Mayor Gary Davis ‏@ElkGrove2020
Don't be a ball hog @KJ_MayorJohnson Let's work together to bring #MLS to the region. #ElkGroveBleedsSoccer

lol

Elk Grove mayor calls Sac mayor 'ball hog' over stadium

Davis said he will keep fighting for Elk Grove.
"Sacramento is really focused on basketball appropriately," Davis said. "They are doing a great job with the Kings. They ought to just keep their eye on that ball and keep their feet off of our's."

Quakes score on the counter with Wondo going far post. No real possession for them so far.

Garcia looks like he hasn't played with the team before.

Toothpick

This is gonna end like the Portland game lol. Galaxy just attacking non-stop. Man, zardes is on fire!

And Earthquakes score as I'm typing this haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom