• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what Holden said - if the Quakes don't find a way to get some possession and take the pressure off, they're definitely going to lose this game.

Dartastic

Good job San Jose! That was the best result I could have asked for. Seriously though, we have 3 games against you? 3 games. Really? Wow. Good job MLS schedulers.

Good job San Jose! That was the best result I could have asked for. Seriously though, we have 3 games against you? 3 games. Really? Wow. Good job MLS schedulers.
There are some weird scheduling quirks this year. The Quakes have 10 of their last 15 games on the road.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holden wasn't that bad to listen to and you know the ladies like to look at him during half-time. Donovan's fucked!

Donovan should give coaching a shot anyways, he's too good not to. He knows the game too well not to give it a try.

Holden's great at commentating but every time I see him I can't help but that what might have been. He's gonna be replacing Lalas soon.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Gyau had scored two goals in BVB II's match. There should be some more Americans playing with the Championship and Eredivisie starting up again.

- Yanks abroad injury update from Seltzer:
Do not be stunned or overly dismayed if news of American accomplishments in club ball overseas is slow to flow this season. As you can see, at the moment, various injuries (and the resulting recovery periods) have us one keeper away from a rather workable European-based USMNT program line-up with scary attack subs.

Jozy Altidore - expected to make preseason debut this weekend
Terrence Boyd - out until September
Josh Gatt - out until 2015
Stuart Holden - out until at least October (and out of contract)
Aron Jóhannsson - expected out another 2-3 weeks
Fabian Johnson - made preseason debut this week
Eric Lichaj - made preseason debut this week, on bench today
Marc Pelosi - cameo return last season, 15 friendly minutes this week
Rubio Rubin - back in training, but not match fit
Jonathan Spector - made preseason debut this week
Daniel Williams - expected out until September
Zarek Valentin - likely out until 2015

To boot, Juan Agudelo is for the time being without a club and Will Packwood is not in the Birmingham selection today after just returning from US Under-23 camp.

xbhaskarx

Fulham loses 2-1, Hyndman played the full game...

Bum2hW_CYAALVWd.jpg

Looks like he did well according to BS.

We need better representation in the bigger leagues this year. Hopefully Yedlin feels that gap.

xbhaskarx

Pretty much every team in this league is so streaky, Colorado and DC are two of this season's success stories, while Dallas totally collapsed and RSL was struggling to score... now both are up 3-0.

EJ is such an idiot.

Osorio

Our lineup the last time we won @ Chicago

Wells, Ward, Agoos, Regan, Leitch, Bradley, Lisi, Guevara, Gaven, Djorkaeff, Magee.

xbhaskarx

Bob Bradley takes on pundit after Stabaek draw at Norway league leaders

The Blue Ones trailed by two until the 56th minute, when New York City FC loan item Jacobson wiggled into the area to find Stephens, who danced by a defender before picking the top corner to open his club account.

Jacobson was at it again a minute from time, knocking down a cutback for Franck Boli to net the equalizer. A California native, Jacobson became the first American to notch two assists in a Tippeligaen match since Mikkel Diskerud pulled that trick for Stabæk just shy of four years ago.

Will Andrew Jacobson get a DP contract now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom