• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Adu looks to restart in Serbia
Apart from Red Star and Partizan, which command attendance of 20,000 or more, few people watch Serbian league matches -- even in Jagodina, where attendance is usually in the low thousands unless one of the big two are in town. Just 1,500 watched Jagodina's opening game of the season, a 1-1 draw at home to Mladost Lucani on Saturday.

There is little culture of supporting one's local team, most of which were barely relevant in Yugoslavia when each of the federation's republics had a couple of giants to rally around. Zivanovic, one of about 50 FK Jagodina fans who follow the team both home and away, wonders whether Adu's arrival might signal a change.

"I hope we'll see a few more spectators at the stadium now, because people want to see Freddy in person and not in a video game," he says. "Maybe people from all over Serbia -- Belgrade, Nis, Novi Sad, Subotica -- will want to come here, because Freddy has a lot of fans in our country. Thank God for 'Football Manager'!
lol

Just enough time to say they played him but not nearly enough time to do anything, may as well have just sat him the whole game.

Because no striker has ever come in the last ten minutes and scored a goal. The game was up for grabs at that point I'm glad he got in the game.

Plus he did a hell of a job grabbing the ball out of the goal and running it back to midfield after someone else scored.

clbvla.jpg

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2014-08-16-columbus-crew-vs-la-galaxy/preview

Last 6 Games

Columbus LLWWDL
LA Galaxy WWLWWD
Overall the La Galaxy seem to be coming in better form so hopefully we can get 3 points in an away game. Cobi Jones talked about how hard it is to play there in the preview video.

Head to Head
ALL-TIME (38 meetings): Crew 15 wins (3 shootout), 50 goals … Galaxy 14 wins (0 shootout), 48 goals … Ties 9
AT COLUMBUS (17 meetings): Crew 8 wins (1 shootout), 26 goals … Galaxy 4 wins (0 shootout), 19 goals … Ties 5
With a win we can be tied All time against Columbus. It looks like it has been tough for Galaxy to win to against Columbus at their home.

8 games in 30 days for the LA Galaxy
  • The LA Galaxy are going to play a lot games in a short amount of time and this will be a good test for them.
  • They play 2 away, 4 at home(technically since one of the games is against Chivas USA) and then 2 away again.
  • The teams they play are not at the top of the standings which is good, but this means that their is more pressure to get as many points as possible.
  • It is going to be interesting how Bruce handles the line ups during this stretch. There should be a good chance that we see a lot of the younger players like Hoffman, McBean, Villarreal and others. Donovan has stated a lot of times that he cannot go for long stretches, so he definitely get some rest.

The match preview has a lot good stats.

The Galaxy has a good balance in their scoring. Same amount with both feet and a good amount of headers. Apparently right footed players are killing us. They also have a good goal differential. I think they have the least goals scored against in the league. Hopefully we can start this stretch with a win and 3 points.

I can't.....this is just too much. This league is a fucking joke. The first penalty was bullshit enough. The second was a clear dive. How can this keep happening to us? Just fire every official in this Mickey mouse league.

Azuran

Banned
When are Bloom and Caldwell coming back? Our backline is a joke right now. As soon as I saw Jackson as RB, I knew he was going to screw up somehow.

Kazerei

Banned
Apparently North Korea is legit. Which makes me happier since we beat them the other day. :lol

Heh yeah, I checked the Wikipedia entries for past U-20 Women's World Cups, and North Korea have made it to the finals twice, and won once. Dayum. I sort of follow the main Women's World Cup, and North Korea hasn't been noteworthy at this level, but I guess that could be changing. I wouldn't normally follow the U-20 tournament, but CBC's airing it on TV, so hey it's there.

Nesotenso

Sporting dominated. First penalty call could have gone either way, the second one was more justified in my view. Can't be mad at either of them though.

Saad had a great goal. Wish he was more consistent in the eyes of Vermes so he would start every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom