• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

Goodbye, Landon

rZ4LBJ6.png

Osorio

I didn't know Columbus was going to rebrand itself in October...

Many would say it's been a long time coming but I find their logo to be unique and it's one of three that have been around since the launch of the league.

A new stadium I would agree with though. While their stadium was the beginning of a revolution it's already well antiquated and it's not even twenty years old.

Nyx

what is the timeline for the return of your expected starting XI? If I am not wrong he got the nod because of some injuries.

It's expected that one or two attackers will be back next week. Wouldn't surprise me though if Rubin will start again or at least sit on the bench.

We play Feyenoord away next Sunday.

Some pics of Rubin yesterday:

xXFHSP6.png

68P2Wqw.png

flUaILH.png

xbhaskarx

The MLS Grinder: Four Under 24

I’m going after four of MLS’ youngest hot shots, and my caveat is that they can’t have appeared on the 24U24 list before. I’ll grade each on the five-part rubric used by the selection team (Technical, Tactical, Physical attributes, Personality, Potential) and mark down some notes on each. Note that it’s a scale of 1-10.

There are players who will deserve their returning spots like Darlington Nagbe and Gyasi Zardes. You know them. But I’m here to lobby MLS’ Capitol Hill on behalf of a couple rising stars who’ve never made this list before. And they should. Here’s why. My ballot starts now.

Dillon Serna
Technical: 6
Tactical: 7
Physical: 7
Personality: 6
Potential: 8

Harry Shipp
Technical: 7
Tactical: 8
Physical: 4
Personality: 7

Tommy Thompson
Technical: 9
Tactical: 6
Physical: 3

Wil Trapp
Technical: 6
Tactical: 9
Physical: 5
Potential: 9

Meier

Btw, we recently called up a kid by the name of Cameron Carter-Vickers to the U-18 squad. He is a 16 year old who has captained Spurs' U-21 side on multiple occasions. Looks like an absolute monster of a specimen for his age. Gareth Bale/Bungieware is usually pretty grounded but thinks he'll be a big player in the future. Seems as though many people were unaware of his US heritage and we kinda swooped in and brought him into the fold. One to watch out for.

BsMZ9PLCUAEuJwC.jpg:large

Osorio

If any of the Metro crew are season ticket holders and aren't going to the FAS game, let me know.

Trying to get a ticket for my mom.

xbhaskarx

Btw, we recently called up a kid by the name of Cameron Carter-Vickers to the U-18 squad. He is a 16 year old who has captained Spurs' U-21 side on multiple occasions. Looks like an absolute monster of a specimen for his age. Gareth Bale/Bungieware is usually pretty grounded but thinks he'll be a big player in the future. Seems as though many people were unaware of his US heritage and we kinda swooped in and brought him into the fold. One to watch out for.

BsMZ9PLCUAEuJwC.jpg:large

Collin Fernandez @c_fernandez10 · 5h
After our first match in the Czech Republic.
XHFq0Ep.png

Cameron Carter-Vickers on the right...

Osorio

I saw him at Legends not that long ago. Dressed like a Saved by the Bell reject. His agent looks like he barely finished high school, and used Brek's signing fees on jagerbombs.

His sister was hot though.

xbhaskarx

Report: Juan Agudelo a transfer target for 2.Bundesliga side 1860 Munich

US national teamer and MLS alumnus Juan Agudelo remains without a club in the wake of his aborted transfer to English side Stoke City, but a new German report claims that he's in the crosshairs of 2.Bundesliga side 1860 Munich.

On Tuesday Munich-based tabloid TZ quoted 1860 sporting director Gerhard Poschner saying it was “quite possible” that the second-division club would sign two strikers before the close of the current transfer window.

Bayern Munich's crosstown rivals, 1860 currently have American attacker Bobby Wood on their roster and have stumbled out to a winless start in league play that has left the Lions second from bottom in the standings.

Though Poschner declined to name names, the outlet went on to state that its editorial staff had learned through back channels that Agudelo is a target.

RBH

A U.S. record 3.3 million people tuned in to NBC Sports Group's opening weekend of Premier League coverage — featuring England's best club teams – NBC said Tuesday. Last year, the opening Premier League weekend pulled in 3.2 million, three percent fewer viewers.

It wasn't just the weekend's total audience that set a record for NBC Sports — several other benchmarks were reached throughout the weekend: Arsenal's 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday was the most-watched opening weekend match in U.S. history, up 12 percent from 2013's Swansea City-Manchester United game.

Also, Sunday's Newcastle-Manchester City match on NBCSN averaged 514,000 viewers, topping the previous cable record, owned by ESPN (Aug. 18, 2012's 476,000 viewers).

The five games on NBC and NBC Sports Network averaged 545,000 viewers – up 23 percent from last year (443,000); the four that aired on cable also set an opening-weekend mark on that realm.

In the digital world, fans streamed more than 8.9 million minutes of action – tops for a Premier League weekend – via NBC Sports Live Extra, the live-streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets. That figure is a 56 percent increase from last year's (5.7 million minutes) debut weekend of the Premier League season.

Among major U.S. markets tuning in, Washington, D.C. ranked first, followed by Boston, Baltimore, West Palm Beach, Fla., and Chicago.

When coverage resumes this weekend with Aston Villa-Newcastle at 7:45 a.m. ET, NBC Sports Group is counting on the positive post-World Cup momentum to continue.

Here are the Top 15 markets from the weekend:

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Boston
3. Baltimore
4. West Palm Beach
5. Chicago
6. Las Vegas
7. Norfolk
8. Providence
9. Seattle
10. Sacramento
11. New Haven
12. Dallas
13. Philadelphia
14. New Orleans
15. Denver
http://www.thewrap.com/nbc-sports-g...occer-season-kicks-off-to-u-s-ratings-record/

TyC or whatever that channel is?

How further down the cable totem pole can you get?

beIN, which is an upgrade from "closed circuit" but still. Fail. Im sure 4 south american people have it in the US

The 2016 edition is going to get like 1000x the audience (Univision)

What sucks about Fox is that a year or two ago they launched MundoFox, a free over the air channel thats now in most major markets. But theyre not using it to show soccer games they have the right to, like the CONCACAF league or even Libertadores.

Osorio

beIN, which is an upgrade from "closed circuit" but still. Fail. Im sure 4 south american people have it in the US

The 2016 edition is going to get like 1000x the audience (Univision)

What sucks about Fox is that a year or two ago they launched MundoFox, a free over the air channel thats now in most major markets. But theyre not using it to show soccer games they have the right to, like the CONCACAF league or even Libertadores.

I get beIN on Fios

Woohoo!

I feel your pain though.

Askani

Not a great game from SKC. We looked like we were desperate to keep the ball out of our end and get quick counter goals. That's not us at all. Super sloppy play, long balls out of the back, wild side switching crosses, no controlled possession, and poor giveaways in the middle. Real Esteli did us a real favor by drawing with Saprissa and we blew that advantage.

- Sciaretta talking with Jason Kreis about building NYCFC
How is Jason Kreis adjusting to life with Manchester City's ownership team? Just fine, thank you very much. Brian Sciaretta caught up with the former RSL coach in this wide-ranging interview.

EDIT: In Quakes news, the injury bug continues.
Matt Schwab said:
@SJEarthquakes newcomer Matias Perez Garcia has arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and will be out four to six week.
smh

xbhaskarx

Another debut:

In other Copa MX action, US U-20 international John Requejo Jr. made his professional first-team debut in Tijuana’s 0-0 tie away to Coras FC in Group 3, with Alejandro Guido and Paul Arriola also starting for Xolos. Left back Requejo went the full 90 minutes, while Guido made way for Fernando Arce Jr. in the 63rd and Arriola played 83 minutes of the draw, which left Tijuana top of the group on five points from three games.

Meier

No Hyndman today for Fulham. Not too surprising since they just played Saturday. Pretty easy for a kid that age to get burned out if they play every fixture since there are so many games in the Championship.

xbhaskarx

Top 100 Soccer Clubs in the United States and Canada - Rankings

With a 1494.6 rating, Seattle is the top team by a slight margin, holding only a 4.4 point lead over Sporting Kansas City, while the LA Galaxy are third with 1469.1. The highest rated non-MLS team is USL PRO's Orlando City, with a 1357.6 - good enough for fourteenth overall. NASL's top team are the New York Cosmos, who are in seventeenth place with 1304.2.

The separation between Orlando City and the rest of USL Pro is ridiculous...

cpl0jaJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom