• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I wonder if Holden will ever play again... he should be about healed up (for now), so a free could be in the cards soon. One thing is for sure, he isn't a very good announcer.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if Holden will ever play again... he should be about healed up (for now), so a free could be in the cards soon. One thing is for sure, he isn't a very good announcer.

As good as he is, and as much as I would love to see him play again, he's probably seen as too injury prone at this point.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I wish you could watch multiple games on NBC Live Extra like you can on ESPN3 or MLS Live.

Brooks and Chandler are both on the bench for their games. I haven't checked to see which Americans made the 18 in the Championship.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So NYRB challenged the Yanks, the Mets and Kate Upton to the ice bucket thing? I think we know who they really want to get wet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God, this game is painful to watch. Come on guys, pull away. You can do it.

EDIT: Henry is love, Henry is life. I am going to miss you when you're gone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
B

W

P

GOAL #20!!

YES!

xRU0csX.gif

Askani

D.C. looked really good.

We looked absolutely awful.

First time we've ever had 3 goals against at Sporting Park. So that means the worst loss we've had at Sporting Park.

Paraphrasing Peter Vermes from his interview: "Absolutely the fault of the back line. Credit to the rest of the team for trying to stay in it. DC out played us and did really well. Our back line was amateurish." Pulling no punches.

Meier

Look at this golazo that Orlando City scored tonight. So sexy.. that first pass was unbelievable.

(gfy if you click the image)

Molino was the first player that Orlando City signed to an MLS contract -- the original pass came from Rafael Ramos who is one of the kids that City signed from Benfica -- he also scored a goal tonight. The other new kid from Benfica, Estrela, scored as well. I was watching this live on the Youtube stream and about fell out of my chair.

Meier

At some point I hope MLS cuts down/removes the whole confetti on the field after a goal. It's pretty amateurish.. and frankly it seems like it could have an affect on the game afterwards to me.

Meier

I've never seen something so wrong in my life
How bout actually explaining yourself when leaving a comment like that. I'll expand further since you're apparently incapable of doing so.

For one, it isn't done in any other league -- I'm certain if it was shown to a fan from anywhere else in the world that they'd laugh at it. Small variations in the surface of the pitch are a significant concern for most teams and it seems like it'd be either a slipping hazard or at a minimum, visually distracting to the players. It's really embarrassing for the league -- this sort of celebratory gesture is always cleaned off the surface of the playing field in other sports for a good reason.

xbhaskarx

Shaq en España

OWTY has learned to US youth international Shaq Moore is currently training in Valencia, Spain with all three of the cities clubs.

Moore is training with Valencia CF, Levante UD and Huracán Valencia CF. Valencia and Levante are currently in La Liga, Spain’s premier division, while Huracán finds itself in Segunda División B, the third tier of the Spanish league. Both Valenica and Levante enjoy 100 years of tradition, while the Huracán was just recently formed in 2011. All are poised to sign the young American defender who can also slot into a defensive midfield role.

Moore has been long rumored with a move to Spain with La Liga giants Barcelona interested less than a year ago. The former US Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year has however focused his sights on the city of Valencia as a likely place he will sign his first professional contract, following an extremely impressive showing at the 2014 Federación Interinsular de Fútbol de Las Palmas earlier this year with the US U18s.

Moore, along with Tommy Redding, Erik Palmer-Brown, Emerson Hyndman, Rubio Rubin and tournament MVP Mukwelle Akale were reportedly some of the most impressive prospects at the tournament. Akale parlayed his success into a spot in the Villarreal youth system, with Moore poised to join him in Spain.

Moore told OWTY that he will be unable to sign until he turns 18 this November but will sign to one of these clubs when that time arises.

Moore, most recently, competed at the U18 level in USSDA for both IMG Academy and FC Dallas. It is believed Dallas was hoping to sign up the young defensive midfielder/full back to a HG deal. Moore has opted to take his talents across the pond. Moore has also become a valuable member Tab Ramos’ US U20 pool, playing mainly as a right back.

Osorio

Also really like the Sene trade.

We now have (offensive) weapons on the bench!

It's a bit concerning that Perinelle signed like a month ago and is still not fit for 90 mins. Duvall had a rough game.

xbhaskarx

Also really like the Sene trade.

That was highway robbery, Sene has been quite decent in this league when not getting seriously injured. I'm assuming the Revs did it to open up space for some other move, because their forward situation isn't exactly great right now, but I'm not sure why they'd give him to a rival they're battling with for a playoff spot.

xbhaskarx

Shawn Parker went 35 minutes as a sub for Augsburg yesterday.

18 year old Devante Parker made the bench for Mainz today, for the first time.

Hopefully Klinsmann is working the phones to recruit them...

Osorio

That was highway robbery, Sene has been quite decent in this league when not getting seriously injured. I'm assuming the Revs did it to open up space for some other move, because their forward situation isn't exactly great right now, but I'm not sure why they'd give him to a rival they're battling with for a playoff spot.

So odd.

Heaps just didn't like him for whatever reason. Not that I mind. Hell, I hope Heaps starts hating on Nguyen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom