• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Only been watching the Revs game for a couple of minutes but Bradley is having a shocker, gave the ball away a couple of times and he just let Rowe breeze past him for the goal

Osorio

Revs have such a good midfield. Their midfield press completely shut Toronto down. And that was without Jones for the most part.

Nguyen is a beast. How'd this team lose 8 or 9 straight?

Couldn't get to watch live today but did DVR the game to watch later tonight. Gonna pick up a Jermaine Jones jersey on Wednesday at Gillette.

Nguyen is a beast. How'd this team lose 8 or 9 straight?

They were defensively not good and lacked consistently good DMid play.

They also completely forgot how to finish in the final third

ZZMitch

Watched TFC vs Revs live! It was a fun time, except for the fact that I missed the beginning of the match due to the dumb way entrance to BMO field is done. First you have to go through this CNE gate, but I didn't have my ticket because I was meeting a friend that was inside who had them. So she had to come out and find me and give me my ticket and then we went through to the entrance to the field itself. Had to menauver through a packed amusement park as well! Missed Lees early goal :/ happy for the win though and to see Jones play, he looked pretty good in his first game.

xbhaskarx

Has there ever been a younger starting front six in MLS than what FC Dallas is starting tonight:

Akindele
Escobar-Castillo-Hollingshead
Ulloa-Acosta

The oldest guy is Hollingshead and he's played like five career MLS games...

but he'll be able to start and play in the bundesliga instead of being a bench warmer or on the reserves.

Hamburg's looked awful so far. They will be hovering near the relegation zone all season and that's just a bad place for a player to start their loan spell. Would've liked to see a mid-table team instead.

v1lla21

Only been watching the SJ RSL match for 20 minutes and Thompson has been playing really well. That last touch isn't there though.

xbhaskarx

Thompson is pretty much the only reason to watch the Quakes with MPG and Djalo out, he provides like half a dozen cool moments per game.

Thompson's crossing was off tonight, but his touch and ability to shield the ball were impressive. The one high ball he pulled out of the air towards the end of the game was right in front of us.

EDIT:
Watson says he's been speaking with national team about holding #Quakes74 Thompson out of U-20 camp because San Jose needs him.
Uhhhh, Quakes are more or less out of contention now, so I don't really care either way. Probably best that he heads off to the U-20 camp to solidify his spot there. On the other hand, with Garcia, Lenhart, and Djalo out, he'd certainly get PT if he stayed with the Quakes.

xbhaskarx

Watson is fighting for his job (hopefully, because I want him to lose the fight), so that's about self interest not the Quakes' less than 5% odds of being the fifth playoff seed.

What's really funny about that comment is that as recently as 5-6 games ago Thompson had played just one minute all season, and Watson was telling the press that he wasn't ready to contribute to the team... this guy was seeing him regularly in training and couldn't see what was in front of him, while fans were clamoring for him based on youtube clips. That kind of talent evaluation skill explains why Atiba Harris is a regular starter.

Nyx

Rubin got subbed yesterday, but did have some chances to score and looked promising overall once again.

Some people on a Utrecht forum claim Agudelo is in talks with the club again but it could just be bullshit though. ;)

Nesotenso

Rubin got subbed yesterday, but did have some chances to score and looked promising overall once again.

Some people on a Utrecht forum claim Agudelo is in talks with the club again but it could just be bullshit though. ;)

at this point he needs to have a club to play. Dude's agent is not doing a good job.

DCU-RBNY kicking off in a few.

The annoying thing about the Nelsen firing, from a personal perspective, is that TFC and Philly are probably going to take the good coaching candidates off the board before the Quakes get around to firing Watson.

xbhaskarx

TFC:

Bezbatchenko: We are bringing on Greg Vanney as head coach.
BwZI3f3CEAEhK65.jpg

He can't be any worse than Nelsen...

Sounding a lot like TFC is going to sell Defoe back to a club in England, too.

The playoff miss is real :(

As good as Gilberto has been playing lately, I don't think we're going to compete with him and Luke Moore up front. That and defensive injuries aren't helping things on the other end either. I smell another (another another another) TFC implosion and house cleaning.

Fucking TFC. Same shit every year. Why now? They are still in a playoff position with a game or two in hand. At least wait til the end of the season.
Defoe is seemingly gone too. The fans are gonna love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom