• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Are we 2nd in the East now?

Either way I can go out an party happy! I am glad I didn't leave at halftime to go out I would have missed an exciting second half

- Houston Chronicle: Kinnear at a crossroad in MLS coaching career
The Dynamo front office has agreed to give Kinnear permission to leave after this season if the San Jose Earthquakes offer him a job. Considering the Earthquakes (6-12-10) have a coach in Mark Watson, Kinnear scoffed when asked about the San Jose job.

"I think my name comes up with jobs every once in a while," he said. "And there's always a connection between myself and San Jose. It happened when the team came back (as an expansion club in 2008).

"It happened when (coach) Frank Yallop left midway through last season. I'm always kind of fighting those rumors. I think it's unfair that it's always brought up because San Jose already has a coach and I have a contract through 2015."
Kinnear coming back to the Quakes has been rumored for years.

Will Johnson injured in the first minute after a collision with Mark Bloom. Six minutes later and they're just getting him off the field. Hope it's not too bad, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Edit: Beaten, of course.

Osorio

Will Johnson injured in the first minute after a collision with Mark Bloom. Six minutes later and they're just getting him off the field. Hope it's not too bad, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Edit: Beaten, of course.

They put a brace on his whole leg. I doubt he'll be fine.

DC United v Union starting xi

ZVT3tHOl.png

xbhaskarx

Ratings: MLS season averages

Major League Soccer telecasts have averaged a 0.2 U.S. rating and 317,000 viewers on ESPN and ESPN2 so far this season, up a tick in ratings and 51% in viewership from last year (0.1, 210K). The games have averaged an additional 24,000 viewers on ESPN Deportes, up 20% from last year (20K). Meanwhile, NBCSN has averaged 150,000 viewers for its MLS coverage this season, up 46% from last year (106K). (ESPN, NBC Sports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom