• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Toronto FC's crowd vs. Portland Timbers sets league-wide single-season sellout record with 113

Major League Soccer has a new single-season sellout record with a month to spare. The crowd of 22,591 at BMO Field for Toronto FC's 3-2 win over the visiting Portland Timbers represented the 113th sellout of an MLS game this season, surpassing the record of 112 set in 2012 and matched again in 2013.

xbhaskarx

Sacramento Republic FC 2, Harrisburg City Islanders 0

10670042_552122691585549_5117644306191969482_n.png

Sacramento Republic FC capture USL PRO title in first season with 2-0 win over Harrisburg City Islanders

That was a glorious match at BMO Field yesterday! Really a shame about the injury though. He is a great player too.

I have to hand it to Bradley. When we were down 2-0, he was running around like a madman and not giving up which really set a positive tone for the rest of the team.

Some Timbers fans were in my section. Some good natured chants back and forth. Great sports though. I love when the visiting fans are as cool as they were and don't make everything personal.

Osorio

Toronto FC's crowd vs. Portland Timbers sets league-wide single-season sellout record with 113

Major League Soccer has a new single-season sellout record with a month to spare. The crowd of 22,591 at BMO Field for Toronto FC's 3-2 win over the visiting Portland Timbers represented the 113th sellout of an MLS game this season, surpassing the record of 112 set in 2012 and matched again in 2013.

Crazy. Sellouts were so rare just a few years ago. Now we're having multiple teams with sold-out seasons.

Osorio

Still pissed about CCL but Galaxy-Metro is always a good game.

Heading to a bar to watch it, hopefully it'll catch the attention of some neutrals.

If this was posted last week, I didnt see it

FIFA adds USA-based 2016 Copa America to international fixture calendar

The 2016 Copa America Centenario is set to take place in the U.S. in what is likely the biggest tournament to hit American soil since the 1994 World Cup. After being recognized by many as a major event in both North and South American soccer, the tournament has now been recognized by the sport’s highest powers: FIFA.

FIFA announced on Monday that the FIFA Executive Committee approved the addition of the tournament, which is set to be played from June 3-26, to the FIFA Events Calendar. The addition means that participating nations will be able to call on players from around the world, ensuring national teams can field the best squads possible.

The 16-team field is set to include CONMEBOL’s 10 members – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela – as well as the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and three CONCACAF sides to be determined.

Should be fantastic. It will be like the world cup, but only countries people care about.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is it impossible for Petke to make a tactical change before the 80th minute?

Goddamn

Not like anyone we brought along would have made a difference. The injuries to Sam and Oyongo really fucked us, also why the hell do we keep playing Cahill so far back? LA plays their big goal scorers further up, but we put Cahill in a defensive roll.

Paul Carr
https://twitter.com/PCarrESPN/status/516417583055376384

Landon Donovan is now credited with three assists tonight, tying Steve Ralston's MLS career record of 135.

Welp, so much for that record. I wonder what the new one will be.

valeo

I'm annoyed that Toronto got rid of Nelsen - because now I have no reason to follow the MLS - but It's still impressive how Toronto's fans keep showing up despite their club being run by crazy people.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Not like anyone we brought along would have made a difference. The injuries to Sam and Oyongo really fucked us, also why the hell do we keep playing Cahill so far back? LA plays their big goal scorers further up, but we put Cahill in a defensive roll.

Welp, so much for that record. I wonder what the new one will be.

Because apparently Eric Alexander is God's gift to soccer and must start every game.

xbhaskarx

I'm annoyed that Toronto got rid of Nelsen - because now I have no reason to follow the MLS - but It's still impressive how Toronto's fans keep showing up despite their club being run by crazy people.

Nelsen sucked. He was in way over his head. He should never have been hired, with zero coaching experience. Having been hired (by Kevin Payne who has since been fired at GM and never should have been hired either as he lost it years ago), he should have been fired when they first brought Bezbatchenko in. They may not make the playoffs, Greg Vanney may not be the answer, but I'd still take my chances with Vanney over Nelsen in a heartbeat if I'm Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom