• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arials

Based on the new scheme, applicants are required to invest the reduced amount of €2.5 million, on the basis that they participate in a Collective Investment scheme, worth at least €12.5 million, accompanied with the purchase of a property of at least €500.000.

In cases where the applicant decides to invest in the purchase of privately-owned property solely, he/she is not obliged to buy a further privately-owned property of €500.000.

Applicants who do not wish to participate in a Collective Investment scheme must make direct investments in Cyprus of at least €5 million.

With the new and accelerated procedures in place, the applications are processed within 3 months, if the applicants meet all the given criteria.

Doubt he'd have that kind of money even if he has been looking after his finances TBH. He had $175,000 guaranteed compensation in his final season in New England and his 5 months on the books at Stoke wouldn't have made him a fortune.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Doubt he'd have that kind of money even if he has been looking after his finances TBH. He had $175,000 guaranteed compensation in his final season in New England and his 5 months on the books at Stoke wouldn't have made him a fortune.

Yikes, it just sounded like he needed to buy a place, which is doable, but all that extra stuff is what kills it. Looks like a lot of options but most of them take some sort of 5 million Euro investment.

USMNT callups for Friday:

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/10/05/17/36/141005-mnt-v-ecu-roster-rel

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Joe Corona (Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Julian Green (Hamburg), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Joe Gyau (Borussia Dortmund), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)

Osorio

Pretty high, I'd say. Playing Saturday and then Tuesday isn't that big of a deal.

I just wonder when has to go to off and train with the team.

I mean, we should be able to beat TFC at home regardless but Bradley will be playing in front of family, and that's usually bad news for us.

I figure they're not as worried about training time with an experienced player like Bradley. We'll see what happens. I imagine discussions are ongoing, but keep in mind that this is listed as the roster for the Ecuador game only, so there are likely to be wholesale changes before the next match.

Heretic

TFC didn't let Bradley go

Shucks

Screw Bradley. I didn't like the comments he made when asked about Donovan being left out. They rubbed me the wrong way.

Still bugs me that Klinsmann didn't take Donovan because we had other forwards that were "slightly better" but after Altidore got injured we went with 1 forward...

I'd like to say /rant but I'm sure they'll be more...

xbhaskarx

Screw Bradley. I didn't like the comments he made when asked about Donovan being left out. They rubbed me the wrong way.

That's ridiculous, Bradley absolutely had the right attitude for a player on the team, all they can do is move forward with the guys who are there, there's no time to think about anything else when preparing for the World Cup.

Fans, on the other hand, can complain all they want.

Heretic

That's ridiculous, Bradley absolutely had the right attitude for a player on the team, all they can do is move forward with the guys who are there, there's no time to think about anything else when preparing for the World Cup.

Fans, on the other hand, can complain all they want.

I agree with you. I guess I was hoping for them to be as bitter as I was even though I know they won't ever say they were :p

xbhaskarx

20 players named for Women’s World Cup Qualifying in KC, Chicago, DC and Philly. Detailed Roster: http://ussoc.cr/1s1je7q

10014316_10152630271593941_1197145955826280275_o.png

Askani

Wall 'o text. The MLS playoff scenario this weekend: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...s-week-31-four-teams-can-clinch-spots-weekend

New England Revolution will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
  • New England Revolution win vs. Montreal Impact on Saturday
OR
  • New England Revolution tie vs. Montreal Impact on Saturday AND
  • Columbus Crew lose to Philadelphia Union on Saturday OR
  • Toronto FC lose to Houston Dynamo on Wednesday OR New York Red Bulls on Saturday
OR
  • Toronto FC tie BOTH Houston Dynamo on Wednesday AND New York Red Bulls on Saturday
OR
  • Toronto FC lose to one and tie with other: Houston Dynamo on Wednesday OR New York Red Bulls on Saturday

Sporting Kansas City will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF

• Sporting Kansas City win vs. Chicago Fire on Friday AND
  • Columbus Crew lose to Philadelphia Union on Saturday

Real Salt Lake will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
  • Real Salt Lake win vs San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday
OR

• Real Salt Lake tie vs San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday AND
  • Vancouver Whitecaps FC tie or lose vs. Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday OR
  • Portland Timbers tie or lose vs. San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday
OR

• Vancouver Whitecaps FC lose vs. Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday OR
  • Portland Timbers lose vs. San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday

FC Dallas will clinch a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs IF
  • FC Dallas win vs. LA Galaxy on Sunday
OR
  • FC Dallas tie vs. LA Galaxy on Sunday AND
  • Vancouver Whitecaps FC lose vs. Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday OR
  • Portland Timbers tie or lose vs. San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday
OR
  • Portland Timbers lose vs. San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday
Philadelphia Union will be eliminated from playoff contention IF
  • Philadelphia Union lose to Columbus Crew on Saturday AND
  • New York Red Bulls win vs. Toronto FC on Saturday

Houston Dynamo will be eliminated from playoff contention IF
  • Houston Dynamo lose to either Toronto FC on Wednesday or D.C. United on Saturday AND
  • New York Red Bulls win vs. Toronto FC on Saturday
  • Columbus Crew win vs. Philadelphia Union on Saturday
OR

• Houston Dynamo tie with both: Toronto FC on Wednesday AND D.C. United on Saturday AND
  • Columbus Crew tie or win vs. Philadelphia Union on Saturday
OR
  • Houston Dynamo lose to one and tie with other: Toronto FC on Wednesday OR D.C. United on Saturday (OR lose to both)
Clinched:
Seattle Sounders FC have clinched a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs
LA Galaxy have clinched a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs
D.C. United have clinched a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs​

Eliminated:
Montréal Impact have been eliminated from playoff contention
Chivas USA have been eliminated from playoff contention
Chicago Fire have been eliminated from playoff contention
Colorado Rapids have been eliminated from playoff contention
San Jose Earthquakes have been eliminated from playoff contention​

Nesotenso

everyone getting back to training is good news. Hope Boyd can make some meaningful contribution to his team. Looks very likely they will be promoted at the end of the season.

Donovan will start and captain the US team on Friday. He'll play about a half hour. Wondo was called in because Green is still nursing a rib injury.

xbhaskarx

With USMNT call still proving elusive, Lee Nguyen focused on New England Revolution's playoff push

Landon Donovan says final USMNT match possible due to U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati

“I give Sunil a lot of credit for making the effort to make this happen. He made sure that this was going to happen and I’m glad that he did. I wasn’t sure at first, but he did a good job of making sure that it all came together. I’m sure that it’s going to be a terrific event and I’m very excited.”

And when asked if his USMNT swansong would not have happened without Gulati’s sway, Donovan's answer was revealing.

“I don’t know for sure,” admitted Donovan. “But I’d say that’s a safe assumption.”

Meier

MLS Fantasy says Donovan isn't expected to miss the game on the 12th. Is that possible? That seems unlikely to me -- 2 days rest.

Meier

He's only scheduled to play a half hour in Friday's friendly.

Oh well, I pulled the trigger and swapped him out for Valeri. Totally forgot this was a double week for Toronto and Houston.. still have my wildcard but don't want to use it really just in case. Ahh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom