• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because we're paying him 3.5 mil

So let's put him on the field somewhere! Anywhere!

Even though it ruins the balance of the midfield!

Yep. Combine that with the feeling that we need to be playing Henry as close to the goal as possible and here's where we are. We should have Cahill and BWP uptop with Henry creating in the midfield, he usually winds up dropping back there anyway.

Osorio

Our final is already in December.

I understand the complaints but if we push it back any further we'll have a final around Christmas. That means we'll have to revert back to neutral venue

Honestly I much prefer the current format. Better atmosphere, and better incentive to do well in the regular season.

Osorio

Yep. Combine that with the feeling that we need to be playing Henry as close to the goal as possible and here's where we are. We should have Cahill and BWP uptop with Henry creating in the midfield, he usually winds up dropping back there anyway.

I think Henry would do just fine in Peguy's position. People have said that he'd leave a void defending, but he's proven this year that he's played well on both sides of the ball.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Henry would do just fine in Peguy's position. People have said that he'd leave a void defending, but he's proven this year that he's played well on both sides of the ball.

Agreed, plus it would open up more options on the attack.

Finally made it down to Rentschler Field

I'm still heading up. We left at three but hit insane traffic, we'll hopefully get there before kickoff.

fxEyhLp.png

This feels like the start of a new era for the USMNT. The future looks bright to me, and Donovan had a big hand in helping create what we have now.

I hope he can be a part of American Soccer in some capacity after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom