• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guzan doing work.

The US seems to be pressing better, but a couple of awful back passes are not helping.

Orozco trying to mark Valencia is terrifying.

Cystm

This announcer on ESPN... "It's just not going to happen is it?"

GTFO. He did the same shit in the Belgium game during the entire second half.

Esch

Banned
Bodies everywhere.

Lots of players for the US that look talented but still aren't quite there. Fun to watch, though.
Yup. I'm always waiting for a breakout player.

Dunno how I feel about Jozy captaining. At the same time, can't figure out who would.

Gonzalez marking Plata is hilarious.
Dunno how I feel about Jozy captaining. At the same time, can't figure out who would.
There aren't many senior players out there. Probably would've been him or Guzan.
Timmy Chandler took diving lessons.
He looked completely out of gas by the end of the run.
Lee Nguyen needs a call up!!!
More call ups coming for the next game - we'll see if he's on the list.

Wood's too soft physically and mentally.

You've got to either smash that or hit to your trailing player with conviction. You can't play around in the box with chances like that.

Cystm

Mixx has faded in the second half.

JK's idea of having Mixx be on both sides of the ball for 90 minutes is not going to pan out. Stellar on both sides, but not for an entire 90.

He was so good first half. He scored, and was running up and down the pitch playing solid defense and showed good vision with his passes. Second half that tank was empty.

He really impressed me though. Yedlin as well. He had that awkward pass that went off his foot wrong, but was otherwise solid on D and in attacking.

Wood had a chance and blew it. He's young yadda yadda. He should have buried that shot into the back of the net.

Cystm

I like the effort he put into that. The color scheme and over all club emblem are fantastic, but I am not quite sure I like Inter Miami as a Team name, because it's obvious similarites to Inter Milan, but really people refer to them as inter. I get the rationale of it representing the mixture of nationalities in Miami, and that is great, but it is just too similar to Internazionale Milano's name that I think it would be a bit too undignified.

I would rather the US did away with names like "Fire" or "Galaxy' and just go with simply: Miami or Miami FC/SC whatever you fancy.

I know that it goes hand and hand with other American sports teams, but I would rather we move on past that.

I was there! First MLS game and it was a blast.

That's awesome! I need to go to a game. My local Soccer club is the Galaxy, but I am not too keen to support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom