• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

This ref isn't fantastic by any stretch, but Crew crowd going nuts every time they concede a foul. As if every call was some egregious error that the ref made. Chill out homies.

xbhaskarx

I did that stupid thing where I picked the team I'm not rooting for to win the series so I'll be happy with the outcome either way...

RIP my playoff bracket.

Osorio

The Revs can trot out their reserves next week and it'll be chill.

Crazy that a 3-0 win for Columbus will not suffice next week

ngower

Ugh.

It'll take a miracle for the Revs not to advance

tumblr_naj406yCfe1rm300po1_500.gif

xbhaskarx

Soccer Rat! The inside story of how Chuck Blazer, ex-U.S. soccer executive and FIFA bigwig, became a confidential informant for the FBI

came to inhabit a world of private jets, famous friends, secret island getaways, offshore bank accounts and so much fine food and drink that he eventually needed a fleet of mobility scooters to move from feast to feast.
The morbidly obese businessman was zipping along Fifth Ave. to a pricey Manhattan restaurant aboard one of his motorized scooters — a typical night on the town for Blazer, a regular at coveted Table 4 in Elaine’s, the since-shuttered Upper East Side celebrity and media hangout.
Fearing the wrath of Warner and his allies, Blazer began moving computers from place to place, often conducting business from the edge of his bed, wearing only his boxers and an oversized Ralph Lauren polo shirt. CONCACAF employees scurried up and down the elevators to get their marching orders and obtain his signatures.

lol

Cystm

The ref was really terrible in the first half tbh

I agree. However, I do think a lot of the complaining was unjustified throughout the game and really throughout the whole season.

It appears that players are fed up with bad calls which MLS is known for (A statement I feel is accurate anyway).

At a certain point though, professional athletes need to accept when they make bad plays and move on and not lament on every single call in the game. Every game.

The problem is not solely on poor refereeing and the situation is only compounded by players who do such. It is not fun to watch and I feel like it only helps perpetuate a lesser image of the league.

Really fun game to watch, not so much if you are rooting for the LA Galaxy though.
  • Jaime Penedo, thank you
  • Baggio Husidic is looking great with his mustache
  • Bruce Arena has some great facial expressions
  • The LA Galaxy may have peaked too early

woodchuck

Ok I need your guys advice. I'm heading to the fc Dallas game tonight. Unfortunately, the only red thing I own is my arsenal jersey. I hate when people wear random soccer jerseys to a match that has nothing to do with it. Ok to wear my arsenal jersey since its red? i don't have time today to go out and buy a separate red shirt

Osorio

Ok I need your guys advice. I'm heading to the fc Dallas game tonight. Unfortunately, the only red thing I own is my arsenal jersey. I hate when people wear random soccer jerseys to a match that has nothing to do with it. Ok to wear my arsenal jersey since its red? i don't have time today to go out and buy a separate red shirt

Tbh, it's more important that you be a loud motherfucker than it is for you to wear red

Wear a Sounders jersey

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You'll probably be able to buy one at the game if you want one.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
DCU lineup: Hamid; Korb, Boswell, Birnbaum, Kemp; DeLeon, Kitchen, Arnaud, Pontius; Espindola, Johnson. Subs: Willis, Franklin, Inkoom, Neal, Martin, Rolfe, Estrada.

NY lineup: Robles; Eckersley, Olave, Sekagya, Miller, Alexander, McCarty, Sam, Luyindula; Henry, Wright-Phillips. Subs: Meara, Duvall, Armando, Bover, Lade, Oyongo, Cahill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom