• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well it looks like barring a tragedy at RFK, the next round will be Red Bulls vs Revolution. Henry was godlike today, those assists goddamn.

daegan

Was a lot more worried about the Thu to Sun turnaround than I apparently needed to be. Great game with a couple dumb yellows.

xbhaskarx

Pablo Maurer ‏@MLSist

.@DCUnited's traveling support snuck an #NYCFC banner in tonight, which was epic. #DCU #RBNY

B1eVzgMCEAAvCey.jpg

one of the replies
@HaigNY 20m

HO SNAP are NY supporters going to bring a Notice of Condemnation for RFK Stadium next week?

#FCDallas Starting XI pres. by @txuenergy - Fernandez, Hernandez, Loyd, Hedges, Watson, Michel, Ulloa, Escobar, Castillo, Tesho, Perez #DTID

Here’s your @SoundersFC starting XI for #DALvSEA:

Frei

Yedlin
Marshall
Scott
Gonzalez

Neagle
Alonso
Evans - C
Pappa

Dempsey
Martins

Osorio

My voice is fucked.

Boys played with heart, which is all I could ask for. 2-0 to RFK is fantastic

I'll be there on Saturday

Osorio

How is RFK? I've got a free Amtrak voucher and I'm thinking of making the trip.

Awful. Place is a festering shithole with terrible sightlines. Essentially you are staring into the navel of the Nationals dugout from where they put you.

However, the section behind ours has amazing pupusas and quesadillas, and it's the most exciting road trip you can go to. Their fans are lively and they get in your face. Philly fans are dicks too but there's something about DC that makes you feel like you're in a sinister place where you MUST get a win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Awful. Place is a festering shithole with terrible sightlines. Essentially you are staring into the navel of the Nationals dugout from where they put you.

However, the section behind ours has amazing pupusas and quesadillas, and it's the most exciting road trip you can go to. Their fans are lively and they get in your face. Philly fans are dicks too but there's something about DC that makes you feel like you're in a sinister place where you MUST get a win.

What section, so I know where to buy my ticket if I can make it out.

Osorio

What section, so I know where to buy my ticket if I can make it out.

We're put in 118. You can call their front office and tell them you're an away supporter and they'll handle it that way.

In the past we were put in the 400's but they don't do upper deck anymore except for certain games. However, I heard we're getting 800-1000 people down there so maybe they'll move us upstairs.

Nyx

Rubin played another great match yesterday as the central attacking midfielder. He's becoming a fan favorite, love his drive and energy and he combines that with strength, technique and vision.

Gave his 4th assist of the season and played it smart when an opponent's defender grabbed him in the penalty area so the team got a spot kick and won the game 3-1.

wU1SPjz.jpg

xbhaskarx

Croatia Chase Another Diaspora Talent
The latest name to pop on their radar is American-born attacking midfielder Christian Pulisic. Although he has played for the United States under-17 team, it has not stopped the FA trying to convince the talented Borussia Dortmund youth academy teen to don the red and white checks of Croatia.

“He can play for Croatia, the question is will he. Croatian FA technical director Romeo Jozak has spoken to him and his family, for now the answer is negative, but we are not giving up,” said Croatia U-17 coach Luka Pavlović.

Pulisic, whose grandfather Mate emigrated to the United States from Croatia, is in the process of obtaining a Croatian passport. Early this year Pulisic moved on a five-year deal from the U.S to Germany, along with his father Mark, who also was a decent footballer. Christian is considered to be one of the brightest talents for his age in the U.S.

Highly unlikely that Pulisic switches, but it's a good sign that Croatia are interested...

Osorio

DC sent 600-700 up

If we can get 1000 down there, that'll hype the players up for sure.

We need to get them to score the first goal and end the series asap

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Hngh. Such an awesome job by Peguy to dummy on reaction and then run interference on that defender. Despite those missed chances, I couldn't have dreamed of a better result. That trip to DC is so tempting...

I managed to pull off the South Ward Trifecta this season, sat in every section at least once. Already told my rep last week that I'm going to switch my season tickets from the corner flag to 101.

tbm24

Not sure if anyone else jumped on the season ticket packages for NYCFC but I just received an invitation to a presentation event on November 13th and apparently Villa will be there. What's annoying is that's a Thursday and it's set to take place at 11:00am. Why'd they schedule it at a time where people are most surely working/do not have their lunch break I have no idea.

xbhaskarx

Weekday mornings are a good time for media, so that's probably why. 11am means you can make the local noon news broadcasts.

A lot of MLS events seem to be at around 11am local time, for example the recent LAFC announcement.

tbm24

^^^That NYCFC thing will most likely be the kit unveiling, Orlando are doing theirs on Wednesday.

Given the image of Villa there, most likely. I'm hoping the away kit is black, that Villa image looks awesome. In any case I'm going to miss the event :(. If it's a kit unveiling, chance to buy one and get it signed eludes me :(. Normally I'd take off but that week is blacked out for my department.

xbhaskarx

WTF:

Report: Steven Gerrard could move to New York Cosmos

Steven Gerrard has stated that he will be playing football next season, at Liverpool or not.

But could he be moving from Anfield to Hofstra University’s Shuart Stadium?

Reports out of England say the Liverpool skipper could make a move to the New York Cosmos if he is not offered a new contract at the end of the season.

Surely some MLS team could outbid the Cosmos for Gerrard...

What if an MLS club offered oodles of money to Jozy? I don't see why that wouldn't be in the cards.
Ambition? I think he might come back some day, but my impression is that he wants to play in Europe at a high level first.
As it stands, Ligue 1 would be a good place for him if he can snag a spot. Lots of inventive managers plying their trade in France. Somebody's bound to figure out a way to use him.
Agreed

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've got the day off and I figured since I can catch it why not watch the Sunderland vs Crystal Palace game. Dear god they are shit. Jozy needs to get the hell out of there like yesterday. I feel like any of the MLS playoff teams could beat these guys, not that Crystal Palace is playing a whole lot better than they are.

So I've got the day off and I figured since I can catch it why not watch the Sunderland vs Crystal Palace game. Dear god they are shit. Jozy needs to get the hell out of there like yesterday. I feel like any of the MLS playoff teams could beat these guys, not that Crystal Palace is playing a whole lot better than they are.
@OptaJoe said:
10 - Since Aug 2013, Sunderland have scored 10 own goals, more than any of their players have scored at the right end in that period. Oops.

Let's not get crazy here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yea that we deeply embarrassing, but in general they suck. If this is what teams facing relegation (they were facing relegation last year) play like then I hope to god we never get promotion/relegation.

Oh, Jozy's in. Doubt he'll touch the ball considering the way the midfield has been playing.

Let's not get crazy here.

Come on man, Sunderland barely has a midfield. The better MLS teams could probably take them. Also their defense couldn't clear a ball out if their lives depended on it.

Hey someone scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom