• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

The shit we put up with as diehard fans. My body just feels numb knowing that we all have to wait another year to get up and dedicate three solid hours to the team we love.

Heretic

The shit we put up with as diehard fans. My body just feels numb knowing that we all have to wait another year to get up and dedicate three solid hours to the team we love.

All that matters is that Landy Cakes gets to ride off into the sunset as a champion.

Osorio

I love that Metro has the distinction of firing Bruce Arena after one season.

He's won 3 cups in the 7 years since we let him go.

I always wondered what MLS is gonna do when a team has won like 63 MLS Cups

Where will all the stars go?

I could see them taking one of the MLS logos off the arm, replacing it with a trophy patch plus a number of championships. I think they do something like that for the Champions League?

Osorio

B4Sqc6aCMAEchVL.jpg

xbhaskarx

Expansion Draft and Waiver Draft are on Wednesday...

2014 Expansion Draft Rules

2014-15 MLS Offseason Calendar

November 14 - Weighted draw for MLS Dispersal Draft

November 19 - MLS Dispersal Draft for Chivas USA players

December 1 - Deadline for exercising player contract options

December 7 - MLS Cup Final

December 8 – Half-day Trade Window: Open 9 am ET - 1 pm ET. Teams may trade during that window or may re-sign their own players. Blackout period starts at 1 pm ET, runs through the MLS Expansion Draft.

December 10 - MLS Expansion Draft

December 10 - Trade Window opens at the end of Expansion Draft; closes on December 11, 2014, at 5 pm ET

December 10 – MLS Waiver Draft

December 12 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase One

December 12 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase One; closes on December 17, 2014, at 11 am ET

December 18 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase Two

December 18 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase Two

January 2 to 5 - MLS Caribbean Combine

January 9 to 13 - MLS SuperDraft Combine

January 15 - MLS SuperDraft

Sanjuro

Curly Haired Boyfriend is right though. It does speak for the growth of the sport, as this has been the only time in history the Revolution have been on the docket at all.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Curly Haired Boyfriend is right though. It does speak for the growth of the sport, as this has been the only time in history the Revolution have been on the docket at all.

Yeah, I mean you're in this thread now. That speaks volumes.

Next couple weeks are going to be hectic in the league. I wonder who we'll end up protecting.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I mean you're in this thread now. That speaks volumes.

Next couple weeks are going to be hectic in the league. I wonder who we'll end up protecting.

I've followed this team prior. Nobody gave a shit, and we were bottom of the barrel in attendance and exposure.

Around here people really only give a shit about the Portugal team. Never got into that.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Why does Peter Moore like the Sox and the Pats?

Glad he stuck it to that stupid curly cunt though

For some reason I remembered Shaughnessy being on Around The Horn and I didn't like him then, but apparently he has never appeared on the show. Maybe PTI?

I've followed this team prior. Nobody gave a shit, and we were bottom of the barrel in attendance and exposure.

Around here people really only give a shit about the Portugal team. Never got into that.

All good. New York and Boston are similar in one regard: Old sports heads (Whether it be print or radio) just love shitting on or dismissing the sport, even when it is clearly on the way up. Maybe the only positive I can think of about NYCFC is that the Yankees are strong-arming WFAN into covering their matches. I want to see Francesa squirm if there is an uptick of soccer-related calls.

Sanjuro

The sport still is dismissible on that sort of level. However, there is a difference of noting the sport isn't popular vs telling people they are idiots for supporting it.

Osorio

I couldn't care less about the generation that hates on soccer because they associate it with communism or euro sissies or whatever. The league will continue to grow without them.

Osorio

The sport still is dismissible on that sort of level. However, there is a difference of noting the sport isn't popular vs telling people they are idiots for supporting it.

I'll never understand that. They'e games! Leisurely entertainment for some, passionate hobbies for others. I haven't watched a full NFL game since 2000 but I don't shit on anyone for watching it.

xbhaskarx

Two new MLS franchise each with 1/12 stake in the league sold for $7.5 million in 2005, LAFC with 1/22 went for $110 million in 2014... MLS doesn't need validation from some old dbag who works for a newspaper.

Where was that guy for the other four losses?

Guess the game is growing after all.

unlike
FAB5F6601D3949F4BBF5148277CD1062.jpg

Hey mike I waana talk about nycfc for a sec what you think about david villa as a dp? He might be too old dont you think? Ill hang up to hear your thoughts.

mike: the what and da hoo now?

All good. New York and Boston are similar in one regard: Old sports heads (Whether it be print or radio) just love shitting on or dismissing the sport, even when it is clearly on the way up. Maybe the only positive I can think of about NYCFC is that the Yankees are strong-arming WFAN into covering their matches. I want to see Francesa squirm if there is an uptick of soccer-related calls.

At least here in Philly no one really shits on the sport or the league, they just don't pay attention to it or talk about it period. The 76ers who might be in the running for worst NBA team in the history of Basketball are covered more than the Union/soccer ever have been and it's not all "lol sixers are the worst team ever" type of coverage either.

of course having the stadium outside of the Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers complex might be a contributor for that. It sucks but people will come around and it's not going to bother me if it's the 5th out of 5 team in the city for the foreseeable future.

Hey mike I waana talk about nycfc for a sec what you think about david villa as a dp? He might be too old dont you think? Ill hang up to hear your thoughts.

mike: the what and da hoo now?

It'll be interesting to see. Age isn't necessarily a road block for a good and dedicated player. Thierry Henry is walking proof of that. I think he can find success if he goes at it with the right attitude.

Osorio

At least here in Philly no one really shits on the sport or the league, they just don't pay attention to it or talk about it period. The 76ers who might be in the running for worst NBA team in the history of Basketball are covered more than the Union/soccer ever have been and it's not all "lol sixers are the worst team ever" type of coverage either.

of course having the stadium outside of the Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers complex might be a contributor for that. It sucks but people will come around and it's not going to bother me if it's the 5th out of 5 team in the city for the foreseeable future.

The team being six years old might have something to do with it too.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
"Hey Mike. Long time listener, first time caller. With Lampard providing some good performances for Man City across the pond, do you think City Football Group is going to want to keep him for their push to the Premier League title, or do you think he'll be here for the start of the 2015 MLS season? Thanks Mike."

tuYhAL5.gif

Esch

Banned
This is universal, tbh, all across the nation unless if you live in cali or portland or seattle or something. And even then i'm sure there are plenty of dudes that'll dismiss the MLS.

Osorio

well yeah. still would like to see it covered more but at least it's not completely shit upon like I've seen which is nice.

it's like we have our own little secret sometimes.

But most of MLS' fanbase is younger and probably doesn't listen to these old dude sports radio shows anyhow. I go on Metrofanatic and listen to Seeing Red and visit other Metro-related websites for all I need.

The ratings for this final probably didn't crack a million yet it was trending #1 on Twitter

Judderman

drawer by drawer
@petkemike · 38m 38 minutes ago @Dan_Shaughnessy Dear Dan, in all honesty your comments regarding the Revs are laughable and outdated.

@petkemike · 36m 36 minutes ago @Dan_Shaughnessy The fact that you would say something as pathetic as that shows your knowledge and class as a "so called" sports reporter.

@petkemike · 35m 35 minutes ago @Dan_Shaughnessy What's even more pathetic is that by saying that, you have brought more relevance to MLS. So keep it coming big guy.

@petkemike · 34m 34 minutes ago @Dan_Shaughnessy To the Revs fans, ignore this type of BS hometown reporting and keep your heads high

@petkemike · 34m 34 minutes ago @Dan_Shaughnessy even though I hope to kick your butts next year, you have a lot to be proud of

THAT'S MY MANAGER. Petke is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom