• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Inside Orlando City's war room
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Pedro Ribeiro was their best pick, pretty cool for him that he gets to play with Kaka now...

Askani

"Per source, Orlando City will ship its third pick, Jalil Anibaba to Sporting Kansas City as part of the Aurelien Collin deal."

Looking for a link.

EDIT :::::

Tweet from Orlando Sentinel guy.

Paul Tenorio ‏@PaulTenorio 12m
Per source, Orlando City will ship its third pick, Jalil Anibaba to Sporting Kansas City as part of the Aurelien Collin deal.​

EDIT 2 :::::

Tweets from KC Star guy

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 13m
#SportingKC acquires former Seattle defender Jalil Anibaba, who was taken sixth overall by Orlando City in the expansion draft today.​

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 12m
Anibaba will complete the Collin trade.​

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 12m
Anibaba, 26, has made 112 MLS appearances over the last four years.​

Askani

The Full 90 ‏@TheFull90
So, PV deals out-of-contract Collin for allocation money and cheaper/younger player? And gets pick for Sapong. That's not bad business.​

The Full 90 ‏@TheFull90
And only loses a player in the expansion draft that wasn't going to return anyway (Zizzo)​

Christian Bruey ‏@CBrueyWFTV 13m13 minutes ago
Per source: Anibaba headed back to @SportingKC as part of Collin deal. Mark Sherrod to @SanJoseEarthqua & Eric Gehrig to @ChicagoFire (cont)

Christian Bruey @CBrueyWFTV · 14m 14 minutes ago
The Sherrod & Gehrig @OrlandoCitySC deals are for future considerations. @MLS

hm

Well, that's one way to pry a player from someone

xbhaskarx

Looks like Jorge Claros is going to Orlando! two hondurans so far

edit: nope.

Not sure about that one but it looks like they're adding a different Honduran:

Honduran forward Bryan Rochez passed his physical & paperwork just needs to be finalized before he's officially part of @OrlandoCitySC

xbhaskarx

Five MLS Homegrown signings among US Under-18 roster to face Germany twice

Five Homegrown signings who will be looking to make their debut in MLS next year are among 20 players called in by US Under-18 head coach Javier Perez for a camp in Marbella, Spain.

The 20 players will convene in Spain on December 11th and remain there until the 20th, according to a release from US Soccer on Wednesday. They will play the German U-18 squad twice, once on the 17th and a second time on the 19th.

Five of the 20 players called in have signed contracts with MLS clubs that will see them on the active roster in the 2015 season. Tommy Redding (Orlando City SC), Collin Fernandez (Chicago Fire), Ben Swanson (Columbus Crew SC), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders), and Sebastian "Bofo" Saucedo (Real Salt Lake) will all be part of Perez's squad over the next 10 days.

Some other notable names include goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann, son of USMNT head coach Jurgen Klinsmann, and Antonee Robinson, who is currently part of Everton's youth system.

GOALKEEPERS (2): Jonathan Klinsmann (Strikers FC; Newport Beach, Calif.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls; Brooklyn, N.Y.), Malcolm Jones (LA Galaxy; Chino Hills, Calif.), Pablo Pelaez (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire; Bolingbrook, Ill.), Tommy Redding (Orlando City; Oviedo, Fla.), Antonee Robinson (Everton; Liverpool, England)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Amir Bashti (San Jose Earthquakes; Cupertino, Calif.), Michael Boakye (Oakwood SC; Glastonbury, Conn.), Collin Fernandez (Chicago Fire; Downers Grove, Ill.), Cameron Lindley (Chicago Fire; Carmel, Ind.), James Murphy (Players Development Academy; Scotch Plains, N.J.), Ben Swanson (Crew Soccer Academy; Grove City, Ohio), Jackson Yueill (Minnesota Thunder Academy; Bloomington, Minn.), Eyrk Williamson (D.C. United; Alexandria, Va.)

FORWARDS (4): Sebastian Elney (Philadelphia Union; Boca Raton, Fla.), Brooks Lennon (Real Salt Lake AZ; Paradise Valley, Ariz.), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders FC; Des Moines, Wash.), Sebastian Saucedo (Real Salt Lake; Casa Grande, Ariz.)

xbhaskarx

U.S. Under-15 Boys’ National Team head coach John Hackworth will lead a 36-player domestic camp from Dec. 13-20 in Bradenton, Florida.

This is Hackworth’s first U-15 BNT camp since being named the age group’s head coach of this group in early November. All but one player among this camp roster was born in 2000 and will eventually represent the next corps of U.S. U-17 Men’s National Team head coach Richie Williams’ class.

U-15 BNT Roster by Position:

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alexander Budnik (Sockers FC; Arlington Heights, Ill.), Carlos dos Santos (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.), Quantrell Jones (Baltimore Celtics; Baltimore, Md.), Hunter Pinho (Players Development Academy; Cranford, N.J.)

DEFENDERS (14): Jake Arteaga (LA Galaxy; Glendora, Calif.), Charlie Asensio (Georgia United; Rosewell, Ga.), Zico Bailey (LA Galaxy; Las Vegas, Nev.), Kelee Cornfield-Saunders (Chivas USA; San Marcos, Calif.), Christopher Durkin (Richmond United; Glen Allen, Va.), Chris Gloster (New York Red Bulls; Montclair, N.J.), John Hilton (Unattached; Long Beach, Calif.), Jaylin Lindsey (Charlotte SA; Charlotte, N.C.), Rayshaun McGann (Boca United; Royal Palm Beach, Fla.), Dorian Morrison (FC Golden State; Chino Hills, Calif.), Ian Murphy (FC Golden State; Redlands, Calif.), Bryan Perez (Sherman Oaks Extreme SC; Los Angeles, Calif.), Tyler Shaver (BSC CT; Riverside, Conn.), Chandler Vaughn (D.C. United; Woodbridge, Va.)

MIDFIELDERS (9): George Acosta (Estudiantes de La Plata; Miami, Fla.), Isaac Angking (New England Revolution, Providence, R.I.), Carlos Anguiano Dias (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Blaine Ferri (Solar Chelsea SC; Southlake, Texas), Jean-Julien Foe Nuphaus (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Jacob Garzon (Orlando City SC; Winter Park, Fla.), Christopher Goslin (George United; Locust Grove, Ga.), Ben Lederman (FC Barcelona; Barcelona, Spain), Adrian Villegas (Portland Timbers; Hood River, Ore.)

FORWARDS (9): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC; Brampton, Canada), Misael Becerra (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Andrew Carleton (United Futbol Academy; Powder Springs, Ga.), Niccolo Lemoine (De Anza Force; Pleasanton, Calif.), Mario Licor (Orlando City SC; Titusville, Fla.), Kevin Negrete (LA Galaxy; Hawthorne, Calif.), Jack Valderrabano (New York Red Bulls; New York, N.Y.), Timothy Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; Rosedale, N.Y.), Tristan Weber (LA Galaxy; San Clemente, Calif.)

Every time I see one of these pre U-17 rosters the individual players are such unknowns I just want to see a breakdown by region....
The two names of note are Ben Lederman who is still listed as being with Barcelona despite their issues with foreign kids (I wonder if that's why his hometown is listed as Barcelona instead of LA), and Timothy Weah (son of George Weah and I'm assuming the first relative of a Ballon d'Or winner to play for the US).

Nesotenso

his is not really suited to play in the 18 yard box. Whenever he found himself in the box in Roma he struggled to finish and he does the same for the national team. I don't think Jermaine is not going to last the next cycle. Whoever Michael is playing next to should be the one in an advanced position. Remains to been if guys like Mixx or Nguyen can step up. If no one does I can see Michael being forced to play in an advanced role.

Meier

Come on Klinsmann, we've got Mixx and Nyguen for that role! Let Bradley play further back, you know, where he's most effective.

I think Nguyen has proved to be good enough to play there, but I'm not sure Mix is -- at least not yet. In theory, Bradley is now our best or second best outfield player so it seems as if Jurgen feels like he has the capability to be more influential for us when he's higher up the pitch. If Lee continues to show it though, I'd expect JK to feel more comfortable with having Bradley play behind him. Bradley is obviously more comfortable there.

GRW810

I don't understand this Olave trade. We let him go but made no effort to sign Borchers or Collin when they were obviously available?

With Henry also gone, Cahill likely off and half a dozen or so deadwood fringe players cut I don't understand why we seem to be the only club not acquiring anyone. There are clearly so many good players on the move and clubs are obviously willing to do deals, yet we're missing out.

I hope we don't just end up wasting allocation money on bringing in players from outside MLS who take time to settle. We need to hit the ground running in 2015 and a rebuild is necessary. Experience from within the league is key to that.

xbhaskarx

Las Vegas set for decisive Dec. 17 vote on new downtown soccer stadium

If you're a soccer fan in Las Vegas, December 17 is a big day.

An official Tumblr post by the City of Las Vegas revealed that a City Council vote is scheduled on that day regarding "a revised term sheet that, if approved, would clear the way for a new downtown soccer stadium to be built." The meeting will be streamed online (click here).

According to detailed information about the revised term sheet published by the City of Las Vegas, the proposed $200 million stadium, which would be situated at Symphony Park, would be "privately owned, privately managed and privately operated."

The City of Las Vegas says that the current deal calls for private funding from a group headed by Findlay Sports & Entertainment and The Cordish Companies that would cover roughly $143 million of the stadium project, while the city would kick in $25 million in bonds toward the stadium and another $31 million in infrastructure funding.

Askani

Good, he's a punk bitch.

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 44s
MLS confirms 6-game suspension for D.C. United's Fabian Espindola. Shoved asst ref. Regular season matches only​

xbhaskarx

Brazilian soccer superstar Ronaldo is now part-owner of the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

Ronaldo, who is considered to be one of the greatest footballers of all time, has acquired approximately 25% of the Strikers and becomes part of the new ownership of the club, joining Brazilian investors Paulo Cesso, Ricardo Geromel and Rafael Bertani who acquired the team in September. Financial details were not disclosed.

Ronaldo joins ownership group of Fort Lauderdale Striker

Kaka is set to join Orlando City ahead of the 2015 MLS season, but he won’t be the only Brazilian legend set to alter Florida’s soccer landscape in the nar future.

The Fort Lauderdale Strikers announced Thursday that former Brazilian star Ronaldo has become a minority owner of the team. Ronaldo, who previously featured for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan and AC Milan during his playing days, joins an ownership group that consists of Brazilian investors Paulo Cesso, Ricardo Geromel, and Rafael Bertani.

“I could not be happier to be part of both the Strikers, a team with an extraordinary legacy, and the NASL, with its rich history and tremendous growth potential,” Ronaldo said. “I am confident that my experience, vision, and work will be instrumental in helping to elevate the Strikers, the NASL, and soccer in the U.S. to the highest level. South Florida, where there are so many soccer fans, is the ideal place for my Strikers.”

The 38-year-old went on to state his belief in NASL, which Ronaldo believes will become a major player in the growth of U.S. soccer.

“I will be very involved with the management of the team and have already started to make introductions that will certainly help us to turn the Strikers into a global powerhouse,” Ronaldo said. “There are no doubts that the beautiful game is growing exponentially in the U.S., and I guarantee you that the NASL will play a key role in the rise of professional soccer here.”

Ronaldo’s announcement comes just two days after his former Real Madrid teammate, Raul, was officially confirmed as a member of the NASL’s New York Cosmos.

USMNT to host Brazil in friendly next September

The U.S. is close to finalizing a September 2015 friendly at home against star-studded Brazil, according to a report from SI.com. The location for the game has not been identified, but the match would take place on the second of two FIFA dates in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom