• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

Yeah, that should have never gone in. Our goalie should have stayed put, he gave Rubin free passage by coming towards him. I'm glad we won though.

A player should still have the wherewithal and the composure to finish it and Rubin did. That is good to see from an 18 year old in his rookie season.

Linius

A player should still have the wherewithal and the composure to finish it and Rubin did. That is good to see from an 18 year old in his rookie season.

Oh yeah, there are sure positives to take from the goal for the player. I was just blaming my goalie for making it much easier for him :p

Mully

Dax is pretty great. Couldn't make it out to the ESC Christmas Party last night but Sam was there. According to a few friends he was pretty happy to be there. I'm really impressed by the outreach from the the players to the fans. Hopefully both can keep up the relationship and inspire the organization to get their fan outreach together.

Ps. Anyone from Red Bulls GAF getting season tickets? I'm grabbing two for the supporters section once my job situation works out.

Osorio

I'm gonna attempt to do my own thing on the North side of the stadium next year. However, if they don't let me I'll just get seasons in 101 as usual.

Askani

Looks like Brek Shea is coming to Orlando.

Orlando Sentinel said:
Brek Shea is coming back to MLS, and this time he’ll be wearing Orlando City purple.

Orlando City is finalizing a move to sign the U.S. winger from Stoke City, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the move. The transfer, expected to be completed in the coming days, will bring back the former Major League Soccer All-Star and Best XI selection and could reinvigorate the career of a top U.S. prospect.

The dynamic left-footed midfielder adds even more star power to Orlando City’s lineup.

Shea spent several weeks training with the Lions this summer and impressed Orlando City coach Adrian Heath during that stint.

More at link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...the-pitch/os-orlando-city-20141214-story.html

Mully

We're offering a contract to Gerrard? As a Liverpool fan that's kinda sad in a way since its a reminder how old he is. I guess he'd be an okay fit but I hope we don't continue to rely on foreign power players (for now).

Nyx

Yeah, that should have never gone in. Our goalie should have stayed put, he gave Rubin free passage by coming towards him. I'm glad we won though.

Your goalie is sooooooooooo overrated.

The cross that went onto the sidebar, it would have been hilarious if it went in...

Askani

This is it. This is how the future starts.

cv6ZzcS.jpg

Dom Dwyer and Sydney Leroux. Get them to make beautiful babies and then get those babies to commit to USMNT / USWNT asap. This is the future. We'll just start breeding good looking and successful World Cup teams. Can we somehow get Howard's DNA with Solo's eggs to make the greatest keeper ever?

v1lla21

Didn't realize the two leagues ended at so close to the same time. Let the champs play a home and away series.
Only a week apart so it was awesome ^_^

NoRéN;143371468 said:
The finals are always worth watching. The 2nd division final was really good too.
Yeah, la liguilla gets really good. I didn't get to watch 2nd division final this season :(

So Earthquakes champs next season? Yeah, yeah,
no :(

@JimmyConrad said:
Congrats to @AjSoares and his agent @mikegartlan for wheeling and dealing a move to Hellas Verona and the Serie A! Buona fortuna, my friend!
He landed in a higher league than I would've expected.

EDIT: Turns out that his EU passport is from Italy, so that must have helped.

xbhaskarx

The 2015 soccer calendar

adding to the list...
2014-15 MLS Offseason Calendar

Nov 14 - Weighted draw for MLS Dispersal Draft

Nov 19 - MLS Dispersal Draft for Chivas USA players

Dec 1 - Deadline for exercising player contract options

Dec 7 - MLS Cup Final

Dec 8 – Half-day Trade Window

Dec 10 - MLS Expansion Draft

Dec 10 - Trade Window opens at the end of Expansion Draft; closes on Dec 11

Dec 10 – MLS Waiver Draft

Dec 12 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase One

Dec 12 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase One; closes on Dec 17

Dec 18 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase Two

Dec 18 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase Two

Jan 2-5 - MLS Caribbean player combine in Bayamon, Puerto Rico

Jan 9-13 - MLS pre-draft combine in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Jan 9 - Hermann Trophy announcements in St. Louis

Jan 9-24 - CONCACAF U-20 men’s championship in Jamaica

Mid-Jan - U.S. men’s training camp in Carson, Calif.

Jan 14-18 - NSCAA convention in Philadelphia

Jan 15 - MLS SuperDraft in Philadelphia

Jan 24 - MLS training camps open

Jan 28 - U.S. men’s friendly at Chile

Jan 31 - MLS collective bargaining agreement expires

Feb 8 - U.S. men’s friendly vs. Panama at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.

Feb 12-14 - USSF annual general meeting in San Francisco

Feb 18-28 - MLS preseason, Desert Diamond Cup in Tucson, Ariz.

Feb 21-28 - MLS preseason, Carolina Challenge Cup in Charleston, S.C.

Feb. 22-28 - MLS preseason, Rose City Invitational in Portland

Feb 24-26 - CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals, first leg

Feb 27-March 15 - CONCACAF U-17 men’s championship in Honduras

March 3-5 - CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals, second leg

March 7 - MLS regular season begins

xbhaskarx

Chicago Fired add first Kennedy Igboananike and now David Accam as DPs, joining Shipp, Amarikwa, and Magee... their defense is still crap but that attack could be quite dangerous.

xbhaskarx

Brooks made the Kicker team of the week for the second time

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...iga/2014-15/15/elf-des-tages-am-spieltag.html

article:
John "World Class" Brooks, Is That Really You?

John Brooks was as solid as a rock during Hertha's 1-0 victory over Dortmund. It's finally happened. The central defender has cleaned up his act and, in doing so, the 21 year old showed all of his class and potential over 94 minutes. World. Class! Is this the real John Brooks?

"John had his best match of 2014. In looking back over the year, I realize that he's overcome significant challenges," said his giddy trainer, Jos Luhukay, in summing up the defender's excellent performance. Naturally, Luhukay would rather be praising his player than criticizing him.

This match was particularly gratifying for the coach, because he's known exactly what Brooks, with all the natural skill he has, is capable of. He's already a USMNT player with World Cup experience, but there's just so much more to the Zehlendorfer (that's the part of Berlin where he was born). We don't want to simply utter "Another Jerome Boateng!" but give it some thought.

Two and a half months ago, Luhukay sent his favorite pupil to the U23 to teach him a lesson. Quoting Luhukay, "For him, the most important lesson he needs to take from this season is that he needs to become steadier and sturdier out there." He was sent down for three matches and then eventually let back into the first team. His chance came during the 2-1 match victory over Koeln.

Captain Fabian Lustenberger was out injured and John Heitinga was also sent to the bench. Luhukay turned to Jens Hegeler and John Brooks in the central defense. Which ultimately turned into a bastion, born out of desperation.

The Dortmund match was Brooks' coronation. He won 83 percent of his duels juxtaposed to only one single foul. "He was always around whenever something dangerous entered our final third - whether on the ground or through the air," gushed Luhukay over his 6'3 warrior. This came regardless of whichever player from the "42 million Euro 3 Musketeers" came at him - Ciro Immobile (19 Million) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (13 Million) or his former colleague Adrian Ramos (10 Million) - Brooks wiped them all out with his foresight and calm all the same.

Any questions?

Yeah sure, a pretty important one...is this now (finally) the real Brooks we've been waiting for or is he going to slip up again?

Luhukay: "That was the Brooks I've been waiting for. I'm extremely happy for him. We've fought it out plenty enough, but we've always worked it out with one another. Bearing this in mind, I'm even more happy for him."

As the year draws to a close, Brooks has given a glimpse of his quality. The real JAB. The one we've all been waiting for.

Osorio

Only a week apart so it was awesome ^_^

Yeah, la liguilla gets really good. I didn't get to watch 2nd division final this season :(

So Earthquakes champs next season? Yeah, yeah,
no :(

Gonna be a Pumas fan starting this Clausura. I wanna watch American leagues only

v1lla21

Gonna be a Pumas fan starting this Clausura. I wanna watch American leagues only
Gross :p I wish liga MX had it's own little thread. I don't like posting on the football thread about it.

The Earthquakes stadium looks nice from the outside, can't wait to be there opening day. It's close to where I live so I'm quite happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom