• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

He was banned for a month, but I believe that expired a few weeks ago. Not sure what he's up to.

He regularly posts on Reddit still. In response to "Why does Jürgen Klinsmann continue to leave out Benny Feilhaber?"
Who needs an MVP candidate like Feilhaber (or Donovan) when you have Brad f---ing Davis.

:lol Still not a big fan of Brad Davis. Nothing particularly positive in his recent comments about JK.

Meier

That was an absolutely terrible half for our attack and I think Leroux almost had a red card worthy handball that went uncalled. Our women are frankly painful to watch against decent competition. Hopefully we come out strong in the second half again.

Glad to see the USWNT game last night got as much discussion here as it deserved.

Such uninspired mediocre play just like the run up games to the tournament. Sad to say it was the main reason I didn't take the trek up to Winnipeg, they've just been miserable to watch.

They are still in good position to advance but they need some switch flipped to make a real run.

mm04

Glad to see the USWNT game last night got as much discussion here as it deserved.

Such uninspired mediocre play just like the run up games to the tournament. Sad to say it was the main reason I didn't take the trek up to Winnipeg, they've just been miserable to watch.

They are still in good position to advance but they need some switch flipped to make a real run.

Frankly, Lloyd and Holiday have been awful. Holiday at least can deliver a good set piece free kick, but she's made some soft passes which have been intercepted or close to it. Lloyd hasn't done anything of note offensively. Turnovers seem to be her main contribution so far. Can't expect Rapinoe to basically run the offense on her own.

Quick reminder that the U20's are facing off against Serbia in the U20 WC quarterfinals this evening. 12:30am ET kickoff on FS1.

yKh7Ad4.png

ZZMitch

Won't be able to watch this time! Going out with friends for one of my last nights in Toronto before graduation. Good luck to the team tho, ill be following on my phone haha.

ZZMitch

So who else didn't realize we would get unlimited transfers this week in MLS fantasy and only used 2? :p

At least my whole line up is playing but damn I feel like an idiot!

This is the truth.

Watching the USMNT's game v. Germany was night and day compared to watching the women play against Australia. Granted the men have looked dreadful at times earlier this year, but it seems they're actually building toward something and attempting to play sophisticated soccer. The US women's team last night (and the last several games) have been sooo predictable. They do 2-3 passes in the back and then launch it forward. It's like they don't trust their collective talent, which is actually very high for the most part.

The US women's game is stuck in the late '90s and we're paying the price for not developing our young female talent over the last decade and evolving our style of play. It's scary just how fast the rest of the world is catching up.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC back on top in the USL Western Conference after a 2-0 home win against Tulsa. Could have easily been 3 or 4-0 too.

Fun game tonight. We've really found our defensive form.

ill never understand this country's stupid fucking obsession with a "sport" that requires people to only turn one direction

thank god for Telemundo

Good stuff from Thompson so far. Serbia denying Hyndman and Zelalem, so it's nice to have a third offensive option out there. Like the possession from the US.

CCV is a big boy at 17. Exciting having him in the program.

Hyndman and Zelalem need to impose themselves more on the game. Not sure how the US scores here on a cross or a set piece. Have to keep it on the deck or get a counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom