• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

2016 US Soccer crest has been leaked

An image of the US Soccer crest that will be unveiled next year has been leaked on the Internet.

The reliable FootyHeadlines website has revealed the crest that the USMNT and USWNT will adopt moving forward.

usa-soccer-badge-2016-600x349.jpg

Cystm

That "leaked" crest is shit tier, but I don't buy it as being legit. I think we all would love them to just go back to the centennial, so they won't.

Jonathan Tannenwald ‏@thegoalkeeper 2m2 minutes ago

Jonathan Tannenwald retweeted John Sutcliffe

ESPN's John Sutcliffe reporting that Javier Hernandez has said no to Major League Soccer's offer.

I never thought for even one second he would join MLS.

xbhaskarx

Fortunately I got to my fantasy lineup a few minutes before the games started and changed my captain from Villa to Giovinco. I'm up to second place, rest of the GAF league are you even trying?

Meier

Fortunately I got to my fantasy lineup a few minutes before the games started and changed my captain from Villa to Giovinco. I'm up to second place, rest of the GAF league are you even trying?
Was at a movie so not only did I not get Kaka out of my lineup, he's my damn captain. 😭

I don't think Giovinco plays Saturday afternoon. However, BWP will probably play Sunday night. That's why I captained him. Now for him to actually play and go off at home. That happens, I'll look super smart.

Greg Seltzer @ MLS Soccer:

- U-20 standout Emerson Hyndman turns down extension offers with Fulham
Hot transfer topic Emerson Hyndman has already turned down multiple extension offers from Fulham, MLSsoccer.com has learned.

A source close to the situation confirmed that Fulham have actively been trying to swing a fresh deal with Hyndman, who will run out of contract at the end of the coming Championship season. As reported by Goal.com earlier this week, clubs in England, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain have shown interest in the 2015 Under-20 World Cup standout and former FC Dallas youth product.

Both Goal.com and various German outlets have additionally reported that Stuttgart recently put in a transfer offer for Hyndman. However, a pair of German sources told MLSsoccer.com that the Schwabians were not expecting to make any more moves before the summer transfer window closes at month's end. The Bundesliga side also have a host of young central and attacking midfield prospects behind expected starters Daniel Didavi and Alexandru Maxim, in both the first team and the reserves.
- The lowdown on Aron Johannsson's move to Werder Bremen
With Aron Johannsson now signed, sealed and delivered to Werder Bremen, stateside observers may wonder if the US forward can hit the right notes in the Bundesliga. We're here to help.

There are always several factors in weighing the potential success of a transfer, both for the player and his new club. Let's take a quick lap around the bigger ones.
The latter is a good summary of what to expect when Johannsson plays with Bremen this year.

Meier

I like the new crest but would have preferred they stick with the centennial. Anything is better than the current one though.

Vela has been far more successful than both Gio and Chicharito in recent years, so I can't really envision him coming back to MLS even at that price. Sociedad will not want to lose him and his buyout clause is substantial. Can't see it happening.

Cystm

Vela has been far more successful than both Gio and Chicharito in recent years, so I can't really envision him coming back to MLS even at that price. Sociedad will not want to lose him and his buyout clause is substantial. Can't see it happening.

I don't think so either, but it should be of note that SJ is trying to make some moves, though half-hearted.

Trade deadline ends today at 5 eastern.

Chandler will be the last player to return to the Bundesliga club, and his new coach does not plan on playing him straight away once the season kicks off with a cup match this weekend.

"He has to wait in line first," Veh, who returned to Frankfurt this summer after one year away from the club, told reporters on Wednesday.

"I understand that he wants to play there. But it doesn't help me and Eintracht," he said, according to Bild. "He needs to ask himself what he wants."

Meier

For those who don't venture into the other football thread but that might be interested, NBC announced today they're going to do a game live on USA Network on Saturday mornings as well.

NBCUniversal’s USA Network will air more than 40 weekend Premier League matches starting this Saturday, August 8, NBCU announced today. The first telecast airs at 10 PM ET with U.S. Men’s National Team goalkeeper Tim Hoards and Everton hosting Watford.

Most of the 40 weekend games will air during the multi-match Saturday 10 AM ET window. In the U.S., two live matches will air in most Saturday 10 AM ET windows, one game on NBCSN and one on USA.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/premier-league-soccer-usa-network-nbcuniversal-1201493627/

Cystm

For those who don't venture into the other football thread but that might be interested, NBC announced today they're going to do a game live on USA Network on Saturday mornings as well.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/premier-league-soccer-usa-network-nbcuniversal-1201493627/

I'll be tuning in for ratings, but I can't imagine the commentary/presentation being any good.

Which brings up something I have been thinking about for awhile now.

England has quite a few well known commentators: Jon Champion, Daniel Mann, Ian Crocker, Alan Parry, Steve Bower, and I guess Clive Tyldesley can come too.

Martin Tyler and John Motson being my favourites.

America doesn't have a voice. The closest thing we have is... ???

Ian Darke or I don't know Arlo White? They pale in comparison.

In terms of actual American nationals?

JP Dellacamera ??? ....Nah.

I'll be tuning in for ratings, but I can't imagine the commentary/presentation being any good.

Which brings up something I have been thinking about for awhile now.

England has quite a few well known commentators: Jon Champion, Daniel Mann, Ian Crocker, Alan Parry, Steve Bower, and I guess Clive Tyldesley can come too.

Martin Tyler and John Motson being my favourites.

America doesn't have a voice. The closest thing we have is... ???

Ian Darke or I don't know Arlo White? They pale in comparison.

In terms of actual American nationals?

JP Dellacamera ??? ....Nah.

John Strong.

Top Bottom