• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

did this get posted? for the Red Bulls fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRzYZhN8Mc

kE70o1H.png
kE70o1H.png

Which reminds me, I rehosted all the American Soccer smilies on Imgur.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If this LA team doesn't reach the final of this tournament, there's no hope of this league ever winning.

I don't see how they don't, this team is only going to get better and better as Gerrard and Dos Santos integrate with the rest of the squad. If Penedo hadn't left they'd probably be sure to win MLS Cup again.

kIdMuScLe

Man this galaxy team is pretty ridiculous lol... You got gio and keane on top with Zardes Juninho Gerard and letget In the midfield. 5 legit goal scorers lol. But I think Zardes is gonna become the weakest link out of the five though

Cystm

- Matt Pentz: "The Sounders will be announcing a new Designated Player signing tomorrow morning. Specifics still being ironed out."

and:

- Antonio Casal: Román Torres is apparently on the way to MLS

Me dicen que Román Torres está prácticamente confirmado para la MLS. Se iría de @MillosFCoficial

Maybe?

- TopDrawerSoccer: The Great American Scouting Crisis

There is a scouting crisis in this country. How we approach it and what we do with that information will ultimately determine how wide those cracks are, and how many players fit into their yawning depths.

U.S. Soccer’s scouting system is reactionary in the way emergency care is reactionary. The difference between preventative health care and reactive health care is an ocean. Catching something early is often the only way to avoid the metastasizing effects of neglect. Wait too long and you have already lost. Our current scouting apparatus is reactionary, not preventative. That has to change.

A sizable chunk of the issue is not of U.S. Soccer’s own making, not of anyone’s own making other than continental drift. The U.S. is simply too damn big to stretch your arms around it. Look at it this way. Since 2002, Germany has established 52 national schools and 366 regional training centers, where 1,300 coaches are employed on a full-time basis. To say nothing of the staggering monetary investment involved here, Germany can fit into the United States 28 times. This is the Ritz Carlton of development systems, and it is condensed into micro-regions.

Dartastic

We were not good. We are getting our shit together it seems, but tonight we were not good. That's concerning.

Fuck any sort of narrative that makes us look good tonight. The Galaxy would have destroyed this Chicago team and while we looked dangerous we couldn't finish. At this point I'm extremely concerned.

I'm wondering how this will change your lineup going forward.
Creavalle was more of a depth guy anyway, I don't think he got very meaningful minutes, especially recently, and with the addition of Josh Williams and recently Ahmed Kantari, he wasn't about to crack the starting backline. (Not saying Williams is going to start, because we have Kantari, Zavaleta, Morgan and Perquis, so it might have also been a salary move, with the added Garber bucks from the trade.)

Unless you meant Herc, because in that case I think he's a solid pickup, and because Jozy has been rather unreliable lately, either due to fitness, general health or various red cards, Herc gives us more attacking options than just getting the ball to Giovinco.

And maybe we can dump Findley, too.

Askani

MotherfuckingJacobGoddamnPeterson. Shit game all day, like most days, but my god does he have a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

I really dislike it when he's on the field 85% of the time, but then he pulls something out of his ass and I just have to shrug.

Well that was unfortunate. I'll still take a big win over an in-conference team if it means we lose to someone like KC.

Thoughts: Jozy sucks, Bendik sucks, overall pretty poor. Thems the womps.

Cystm

It's been tough watching Jozy struggle out there. It kinda goes back to that hamstring injury in Brazil. Don't get me wrong, there has been a few bright spots, but few and far between.

Can't be a whole lot of fun as a TFC supporter, either. A lot of money went into Jozy.

Really hope the guy can turn things around. He just looks so frustrated out there all the time.

Cystm

I traded Feilhaber for Kaka this week. I also brought in Ciman, who was gracious enough to collect a red in his first match in this double game week. My Columbus guys (Ethan Finley and Kei Kamara) combined for 2 whole points. Larin and Kaka brought home 4 points each. My only hopes are Rivero and lletget.

BMHpXcJ.jpg

If I did not have Giovinco, I would be looking at 14 points.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I had completely forgotten that I had captained Gio this week, so goddamned lucky I did. Between him, Sam and Beasley I am doing pretty well this week. Still gonna see if Sam and BWP can put me over 100 points this week, I'm sitting there right now.

EDIT: NVM, I'm at 101 now. God this might be my best week all season.

Top Bottom