• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

As a TFC fan, I take comfort in knowing Orlando and NYC are even worse than us. Maybe playoffs are actually a reality this year!

For TFC, they should be, considering their remaining schedule.

I was going to say, too, that this weekend is the big payrolls beating up on the new kids in town.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For TFC, they should be, considering their remaining schedule.

I was going to say, too, that this weekend is the big payrolls beating up on the new kids in town.

I honestly can't see how you guys don't make the playoffs. You may not be first in the division, it'll either be us or DC, but you guys should be a lock.

Hahahahahahahahahamcfcnycfchahahahahahahaha!

That game was deeply embarrassing. NYCFC got beat like, like, shit I got nothing. It's like they weren't even there. LA damn near scored on command in the second half.

ZZMitch

LA is insane. One of the only teams in the league where you can just feel the goals coming. Like I wasn't even surprised they scored 5.

Vancouver's speed may be our only hope guys

Dartastic

LA is insane. One of the only teams in the league where you can just feel the goals coming. Like I wasn't even surprised they scored 5.

Apparently Henry said that LA was too good for the league somewhere. Kinda agree. They're scary.

The Seattle v Portland and San Jose v LA games are going to be huge games this next weekend.

kIdMuScLe

That's what I mentioned earlier. LA has about 5 legitimate scorers with Gerrard, Keane, GDS, Zardes, and Lleget. Very dangerous team! I'm just glad that they are my team lol! Suck it LAFC!!! You're going to be the clippers of the MLS

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's what I mentioned earlier. LA has about 5 legitimate scorers with Gerrard, Keane, GDS, Zardes, and Lleget. Very dangerous team! I'm just glad that they are my team lol! Suck it LAFC!!! You're going to be the clippers of the MLS

That's not even counting guys who are dangerous on set pieces, like Omar Gonzalez, or guys who can come off the bench and change the shape of the game. LA has the MLS formula cracked.

Clydefrog

That's not even counting guys who are dangerous on set pieces, like Omar Gonzalez, or guys who can come off the bench and change the shape of the game. LA has the MLS formula cracked.

.. and when they don't, they can change the rules and bring in someone like Dos Santos ;)

Lunar FC

Don't know if the lakers are exactly the team you want to be associated with currently.

Cystm

CDO81O1.jpg

7UcSgc0.gif

xbhaskarx

Philly needs a winger and a target forward... CJ Sapong did well for a while but you don't want to be depending on him as a starting forward in this league if you want to go far.

xbhaskarx

Villa isn't doing it alone, though. He has Poku and McNamara. But the rest of the team is pretty much shit. Mix Diskerud and Pirlo have probably done more harm than good, which means even Lampard has helped the team more, simply by doing nothing.

Dartastic

That's just scary.
Yep. And I hate it. Despite all the parity, I don't want LA to be THE club that wins it every year. That sucks.
Villa isn't doing it alone, though. He has Poku and McNamara. But the rest of the team is pretty much shit. Mix Diskerud and Pirlo have probably done more harm than good, which means even Lampard has helped the team more, simply by doing nothing.
Agreed on all points.

xbhaskarx

Poll: Which MLS standouts most deserve a USMNT call?

GOALKEEPERS: Bill Hamid, Luis Robles, Sean Johnson
DEFENDERS: Steve Birnbaum, Maurice Edu, Matt Hedges, Chad Marshall, Matt Miazga, Robbie Rogers, Chris Tierney
HOLDING MIDS: Perry Kitchen, Dax McCarty, Wil Trapp
ATTACKING MIDS: Benny Feilhaber, Sacha Kljestan, Chris Rolfe, Lee Nguyen
WINGERS: Ethan Finlay, Mike Grella, Sebastian Lletget
FORWARDS: Will Bruin, Charlie Davies, CJ Sapong

Aside from the weak forwards you could probably put together a starting eleven that would beat the bench players from the Gold Cup roster...

xbhaskarx

MLS Sack Race heads toward finish line without a winner -- um, loser
Of the 64 U.S. pro soccer teams -- 20 in MLS, 11 in the NASL, 24 in the USL and nine in the NWSL -- just four have replaced their head coach in mid-season.

Before Rongen, Jurgen Sommer was fired by the NASL's Indy Eleven eight games in the spring season. Marcelo Neveleff resigned as the Fort Lauderdale Strikers head coach late in the spring season and Austrian Guenter Kronsteiner was brought back as the club’s head coach for the fall campaign. In the USL, Preki, who led Sacramento Republic FC to the 2014 USL PRO title in its first season, suddenly left for a job in England that has not yet materialized, prompting the hashtag #WhereIsPreki?

That's four out of 64 clubs. In Spain's 20-team La Liga, 11 coaches lost their jobs during the 2014-15 season, the most of Europe's five major leagues. The number was even higher in Mexico's 18-team Liga MX, where there were 16 coaching changes during the 2014-15 season, eight in the Torneo Apertura, three in the Torneo Clausura and five between the split seasons.

MLS mid-season moves are rare. In the last five years, just 11 coaches were replaced.

MLS Mid-Season Coaching Changes:
2015 (0): None.
2014 (3): Philadelphia: John Hackworth, San Jose: *Mark Watson, Toronto FC: Ryan Nelsen.
2013 (3): Chivas USA: Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, Columbus: Robert Warzycha, San Jose: Frank Yallop.
2012 (3): Philadelphia: Peter Nowak, Portland: John Spencer, Toronto FC: Aron Winter.
2011 (2): Chicago: Carlos de los Cobos, Vancouver: Teitur Thordarson.
*Fired with two games to play.

Blue Lou

Some thoughts on October schedule with a confederation cup playoff and Olympic qualifying competition taking place around the same time.

• CONCACAF arranged Confederations Cup play-off far too early. It should be taking place in 2016 or even 2017.
  • MLS should not play during international weeks allowing the U23 coaches to choose which players they want without affecting league results.

Coach

Louisville City FC beat Orlando 3-1 in a friendly last night in Louisville.

"There was no Kaka or Cyle Larin, Orlando's City SC's two leading scorers. U.S. National Team member Brek Shea watched as well Tuesday night.

And so the stars of the show instead suited up in home Louisville City FC purple – not that a record Louisville Slugger Field soccer crowd of 9,434 seemed to mind."

LCFC downs Orlando in front of record crowd

LCFC is doing really well and it looks like a new stadium will be in the future too. Which is going to be what it takes to keep them in Louisville as there may be interest from another city for the team.

LCFC owner: 'Positive announcement' coming

Like every new club, MLS is the goal.

If you build it, will MLS come?

xbhaskarx

Like every new club, MLS is the goal.

Sorry but there is no way MLS is ever putting a team in a city that is #50 in TV markets (not even including Canada), #43 in metropolitan area population (not counting Canada), and doesn't have a any team in NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL.

MLS could expand to 40 teams and they still wouldn't be interested in Louisville...

Louisville is pretty much surrounded by cities that are better candidates (in addition to Columbus): St Louis, Indy, Nashville, Charlotte...

Blue Lou

CONMEBOL's President has said he'd like to continue with the Copa America Centenario in 2016 in USA. The CONCACAF/CONMEBOL arrests could have an affect though as several of those arrested were involved in the planning.

CONMEBOL and CONCACAF are meeting later this week to thrash out the details.

Top Bottom