• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

KC blows a 2-1 lead, now 3-2 Columbus...

CNDYy13XAAAcCcE.jpg

xbhaskarx

Andrew Wenger looked really good last year after the trade to Philly, what happened to him?

The dude is clearly talented if he can play forward, winger, DM, and CB at the professional level, however I've thought from the beginning that he should be a CB, it's not as glamorous but better to be a dominant CB than a mediocre forward...

He's been having an absolutely atrocious year. It looks like his confidence has been completely shot and hasn't started or made the bench in a couple games so far. I kinda hope he can bounce back but I'll be okay if he doesn't see the field at all for the rest of the year. Maybe he can come back strong next season. Lord knows if he can adequately play CB we could use him there..

Cystm

Not as much black as I was hoping for tonight against Colorado. Still a good amount, for whatever that will actually be worth.

Edit: Even Mastroeni is able to make Yallop look shit.

Put your fucking hands down Larentowicz.

In non-depressing news:

Kim Little is so damn good. Water logged pitch and five defenders?

No problem.

xbhaskarx

Wow, Chicago couldn't even beat Colorado at home... they replace Philly as the only team under 1 PPG.

RSL already up 2-0 on Seattle... a Seattle loss would be huge for the Quakes' playoff chances.

Cystm

Some Trolling and some news items for you guys:

Garry Neville on John Terry joining "the MLS."

Chelsea must do everything to keep John Terry - don't lose his experience like Liverpool did Steven Gerrard

Terry doesn’t need advice from me, but in these situations I would always say: relax, enjoy what’s to come, realise that 25 games for Chelsea is better than 45 for the Orlando Owls or the Tasmanian Tigers.

Adorable.

Giovinco with the ether:

Toronto FCVerified account
‏@torontofc

Giovinco: "I scored a hat trick last time against Orlando. I'm looking forward to playing them again." #TFCLive

His free kick goal:

http://gfycat.com/AnchoredInsistentDragon

and his standing ovation from the TFC supporters when he was subbed off:

https://twitter.com/DanRiccio590/status/635205704287174656

Chicago Fire
this is my nightmare
:

From tonights game: "Hauptman farts in elevators" banner.

And this other well executed and undoubtedly super effective banner:

CM9JsSYUwAECckC.png

"That'll show em!"

1RWRiDr.png

smh.

This is a bit better:

So this was my view for Jozy's PK:

And this was a screengrab from the match highlights as Jozy scored the PK, arrow provided by me:
That's my brother, my two sisters, me (hands in the air) and my friend the Wolves fan (in the orange shirt).

We're all over the highlights, as all 5 goals happened right in front of us. Real easy to spot my friend in the Wolves shirt, and go from there. Apparently I tend to jump up and down with my hands in the air when TFC scores. Funny that.

GRW810

Quakes up 1-0 already...

If the Quakes beat SKC and DCU in the same week you Red Bulls fans owe us big time.
I sincerely thank you. Now I just hope we can keep compiling points ourselves and push for the shield. With our run in there should be no excuses.

Vancouver keep grabbing those wins though, and LA could go unbeaten if they felt like it, so I'm very cautious at the moment. Aim for first in the east now that DC are crumbling as badly as RFK Stadium, then look to to shield in the final few weeks.

The Jack Mack attack how has 37 career MLS goals at age 23...
Makes you wonder why he's on his third MLS Team already. Proven goalscorers aren't easy to find, yet despite knocking them in for poor teams like Philly and Montreal, he finds himself playing backup at Columbus rather than starting somewhere. If it wasn't for BWP scoring whenever he wants I'd happily have McInerney at RBNY.

oh good they came to their senses and switched to the more important thing.

wonder if garber was banging down the doors at espn headquarters lol

seriously tho espn has to get its shit together. the bumping and pushing to different channels is bush league.

Dartastic

Frank Lampard isn't in the 18. Again. What a fucking joke.

Also, the fact that a LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL GAME was bumping this is also, a fucking joke.

ESPN soccer producer Chris Alexopolous just tweeted that this was the first time in 20 years he was there that ESPN switched away from a live broadcast. Progress?

Stands are full. They should always start games in L.A. 20 minutes late.

Cystm

NYCFC was frozen in time. Where did they go to just now?

1 - 0 LA on a quick FK.

Edit:

Not sure how that went over. Poku did well to dish that off to McNamara.

Azuran

Banned
As a TFC fan, I take comfort in knowing Orlando and NYC are even worse than us. Maybe playoffs are actually a reality this year!

Top Bottom