• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

Klinsmann's Defiant Nature Hurts More Than It Helps
Supreme self-confidence and an utter lack of doubt helped make Jurgen Klinsmann one of the best strikers in the world. But these same traits do not serve him well in his role as U.S. men's national team coach

By John D. Halloran

Against Brazil, Klinsmann decided to start Jermaine Jones and Alejandro Bedoya as the U.S.’s deep-lying midfielders with Michael Bradley in the No. 10 role. Bedoya, who has always looked best for the U.S. on the flank, said “I’ve never really played that position as a professional” after the defeat.

But despite all evidence to the contrary, and seemingly unanimous agreement that Bedoya and the team had been set up to fail, Klinsmann refused to acknowledge his tactical blunder.

“Ale had a little bit of a problem getting into his rhythm, into his game," Klinsmann said during a halftime interview, "and there’s not much time you can give him. If you see that clearly…you’ve got to make a sub.”

Neil W. Blackmon @nwblackmon
So much for the theory Klinsmann "owned his mistake" by removing Bedoya. That halftime interview brought to you by Greyhound bus over Bedoya

Speaking to reporters after the match, Klinsmann remained defiant: “Obviously playing Ale in the center there with Jermaine and with Michael in front of him was a very good option.”

I'm convinced this guy is either a complete idiot or has a serious personality disorder...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hopefully things go well if that's the case. New England tends to whoop us.

I hope you guys win too, or at least do really well. Looking at your squad, I feel like the only way Toronto could get better at this point would be to completely overhaul the backline.

I hope you guys win too, or at least do really well. Looking at your squad, I feel like the only way Toronto could get better at this point would be to completely overhaul the backline.

And maybe get a new keeper. Konopka's better than Bendik lately, but we could still use a nice upgrade.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Son of a bitch, the Revs scored already? Toronto definitely needs to upgrade that backline.

EDIT: Oh lord, that was horribly defended.

Jesus. C'mon Perquis, and that lack of defensive coverage on Bunbury.

(Perquis wasn't covering Bunbury, that was Morrow, but Perquis put the ball in the net.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jesus Gio, you're way too fucking good for this shit. Toronto needs to step it up in the off-season and fix the team up so they can be the titans they deserve to be.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
YES! We don't have to deal with Jones now!

Goddamn, how has Toronto not managed to score yet? I feel like they should have notched at least two the way they're playing.

YES! We don't have to deal with Jones now!

Goddamn, how has Toronto not managed to score yet? I feel like they should have notched at least two the way they're playing.

60% possession, too. But when we whooped Orlando 5-0, they all came in the 2nd half.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is it going to take for Gio to score tonight?

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK? Bradley, Jozy and Gio can't seem to get it done today.

I remember last year, when New England beat us 3-0 at home, I helped boo them off the field, and then Nelsen got fired. At least we got more shots today.

Also, off-season wishlist: Get rid of Perquis, especially, and just overhaul that backline. Yikes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember last year, when New England beat us 3-0 at home, I helped boo them off the field, and then Nelsen got fired. At least we got more shots today.

Also, off-season wishlist: Get rid of Perquis, especially, and just overhaul that backline. Yikes.

Yea, that backline needs a total overhaul. It's pathetic. If you guys could keep a clean sheet you'd be monstrous.

ZZMitch

Just leaving the game now! So fun. Ran into a spattering of Revs fans around.

Also ran into Shuttleworth as I was leaving saw him in the corner of the stadium talking with a group of fans. He's really the nicest guy. Super chill and gave his gloves away to a fan. I didn't get to go up to him and say hi (couldn't get in the VIP section :p) but yelled his way and told him good game haha. He gave me a clap.

Also the Revs bench players/subs had to run suicides at the end. Winning isn't everything I suppose!

Just leaving the game now! So fun. Ran into a spattering of Revs fans around.

Also ran into Shuttleworth as I was leaving saw him in the corner of the stadium talking with a group of fans. He's really the nicest guy. Super chill and gave his gloves away to a fan. I didn't get to go up to him and say hi (couldn't get in the VIP section :p) but yelled his way and told him good game haha. He gave me a clap.

Also the Revs bench players/subs had to run suicides at the end. Winning isn't everything I suppose!
If it wasn't my girlfriend's birthday I would've been there!

Cystm

Dap to the audio crew at Fox for catching that "Go back to Kansas, you fucking cunts" chant.

EVYafcm.png

Edit: https://vine.co/v/eFTgP75W39Y lol dont even need audio on

Meier

This is a hideously ugly game. Ref not calling anything and when Orlando has the ball they can't actually make anything of it.

This is a hideously ugly game. Ref not calling anything and when Orlando has the ball they can't actually make anything of it.

Got to imagine the refs will tighten up the calls for the second half. Hard for Benny to get anything going when as soon as he gets the ball someone dumps him on the ground.

Top Bottom