• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Oozer3993

So cool to see Nagbe play for the US. I just barely missed out playing with him in high school (just a smidgen too old). Fun fact: Justin Morrow went to our hated rival.

Dartastic

So cool to see Nagbe play for the US. I just barely missed out playing with him in high school (just a smidgen too old). Fun fact: Justin Morrow went to our hated rival.
I can't claim to go that far back, haha. I've just been a Timbers fan since just before they started in MLS.

Mory Dunz

What's Nagbe doing?

He's playing in the center. We have 3 CM as it looks. Why? We don't need 3 CMs

Yedlin is having to play the entire Right Wing. Makes no sense.

He keeps tucking in.

Could someone tell me what are the three white dots right next to the abbreviations of the countries on ESPN's onscreen scoreboard? I've never seen such a thing in a soccer game in my life. I immediately thought of NFL timeouts but this is soccer. What are they? The team substitutions left? I saw one of those dots go black but now they're all back to white!

Could someone tell me what are the three white dots right next to the abbreviations of the countries on ESPN's onscreen scoreboard? I've never seen such a thing in a soccer game in my life. I immediately thought of NFL timeouts but this is soccer. What are they? The team substitutions left? I saw one of those dots go black but now they're all back to white!

Subs

Dartastic

Jordan Morris comes on and again is instantly good.

Nagbe and Miazga in is beautiful.
Jordan looked great.
What's Nagbe doing?

He's playing in the center. We have 3 CM as it looks. Why? We don't need 3 CMs

Yedlin is having to play the entire Right Wing. Makes no sense.

He keeps tucking in.
Nagbe looked like he was told to just maintain possession, which was boring as fuck against that team, and didn't get anywhere near his potential. He looked like he was on cruise control at 25 mph. Not his fault.

Genuinely thinking that Klinsmann is not able to bring out the best in each player on the team right now. I'd love to be proved wrong.
Is Jermaine okay? We probably need that geezer Tuesday night.
I'd love to see him out. We need to throw some young dudes into the fire and Nagbe can more than adequately step into his place.

Damn, Johnson with one hell of a free kick, hit the post and the guy who went for the rebound was offside.

Canada wins, 1-0! This doesn't happen often!

Watched the second half. Johnson looked really good! SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT. :D

Yeah, he did. I watched more of the second half than I did the first.

It's also worth noting that we were knocked out of the group stage last cycle by Honduras. Was an 8-1 loss that put us out. It was rough.

BdzUl9q.png

Meier

How do US Soccer tv coverage works? Why did ESPN and i think Univision broadcasted the USA vs Saint Vicente match but this one is through Bein and NBC Universo?

I know in the last cycle, some games were only televised via PPV due to some of the different countries being able to sell the rights individually if the game was hosted there. Having BeIn at all is nice in this case.

It's on my fairly standard digital cable tier for me with TWC and is actually viewable via the TWC iPhone/web app even when you're not on your home network so it's extra nice.

Right, iirc the host nation controls the rights, so the prospective US broadcaster has to work with that federation to sort out the tv contract. In this case, BeIN must have put in a better bid than anyone else.

I know in the last cycle, some games were only televised via PPV due to some of the different countries being able to sell the rights individually if the game was hosted there. Having BeIn at all is nice in this case.

It's on my fairly standard digital cable tier for me with TWC and is actually viewable via the TWC iPhone/web app even when you're not on your home network so it's extra nice.
As a Mexican used to a duopoly of two big tv networks broadcasting every Mexico game home and abroad this is so weird for me. We never get a Mexico game NOT on free tv, much less basic cable exclusive. PPV is out of the question here.

Meier

That's a weird lineup. Johnson did well there on the left wing though so nice to see he stuck with that. Would have liked to see Yedders stay at RB.

Top Bottom