• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

shoplifter

Yeah, but they're totally unable to break a defense down. One point isn't the end of the world, but with that much possession we should have done more.

Dartastic

What a truly godawful performance by Zardes tonight.
Yep. He was awful. I cannot believe he missed that headed chance.
Unacceptable.

Jones is done. Give Trapp a shot. I think Finlay has earned an opportunity as well.
Jones should not be on the pitch anymore. I see what they're working at, and at times you can get the potential for a wonder strike like he almost did, but come the fuck on. He's done. Get a proper 6 on the field, like the two dudes you mentioned, get Nagbe out there, and pair him with Bradley. Or put Bradley as the 6 and find someone else for Nagbe to link up with.
He needs rest. Why is he still out there 75'?
Why do you think Zardes needs rest? LA got eliminated. It's not like he's playing game in, game out. He looked poor for a lot of the game, and rest wasn't the issue for him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, but they're totally unable to break a defense down. One point isn't the end of the world, but with that much possession we should have done more.

They were able to break down the defense though, it was the finishing that was the problem. Jozy had that one shot, but Zardes missed like three headers he should absolutely have had, that last one especially. The US had it's chances, it's just couldn't finish tonight. Had Zardes been able to finish it would have been a blow out.

Jones should not be on the pitch anymore. I see what they're working at, and at times you can get the potential for a wonder strike like he almost did, but come the fuck on. He's done. Get a proper 6 on the field, like the two dudes you mentioned, get Nagbe out there, and pair him with Bradley. Or put Bradley as the 6 and find someone else for Nagbe to link up with.

We really really really need to bring Dax in for that #6 role. If he isn't called in for January then there is no justice, he's got what we need in the midfield. Jones is just too old to be an option anymore.

kIdMuScLe

So what happens if we are not the top 2 in the group which is a real possibility with klinnsman as the coach... Are we eliminated for the World Cup?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what happens if we are not the top 2 in the group which is a real possibility with klinnsman as the coach... Are we eliminated for the World Cup?

Unless we really fuck up against Guatemala both times we'll be fine. 4 points at this stage in qualifying is just fine.

Unless we really fuck up against Guatemala both times we'll be fine. 4 points at this stage in qualifying is just fine.

And against St Vicente away and T&T at home. The USA has nothing to worry about. A disaster of biblical proportions is needed for you to be out of the WC at this stage.

Or Canadian proportions. We're good at that.

I mean no disrespect but as far as soccer goes the USA is not in the same level as Canada. For the US to be left out of the road to the WC at this stage of the qualifiers they do need a disaster of colossal proportions. Canada, on the other hand, sadly doesn't need one that big to be left out of the run.

After yesterday I do hope you guys kick El Salvador's and Honduras' ass (again!) and go through with Mexico to the final round of the CONCACAF qualifiers. I'd rather have you guys competing against than the Honduras who play dirty, dive a lot inside the box, and treat away teams like shit from the time they land until the game's up. I've been hearing about Honduras not letting Mexican players sleep in their hotels the night before a game over there because fans go and make noise outside the hotel all night long since 1993 and continues to this day.

I have nothing against the country itself but as far as their soccer prowess and fair play-ism they're generally bad at both. Oh, and their soccer pitches almost always are in a horrible state. As far as I'm concerned the two injuries in yesterday's Mexico @ Honduras game were in part to blame because of the terrible state of the grass surface in the field.

So go Canada! Make it into the final 6 with us! Honduras has zero points. You can do it!

I mean no disrespect but as far as soccer goes the USA is not in the same level as Canada. For the US to be left out of the road to the WC at this stage of the qualifiers they do need a disaster of colossal proportions. Canada, on the other hand, sadly doesn't need one that big to be left out of the run.

So go Canada! Make it into the final 6 with us! Honduras has zero points. You can do it!
So far so good! And yeah, I know US and Canada are definitely on separate levels, and it's far easier for us to lose at this point. Let's all go to the hex!

Esch

Banned
He should take that offer from the Championship.

I really like him. I think his movement is getting better but something about his play is just overly languid and lacking in urgency for a forward. He looks like he just needs a change of pace. Literally and otherwise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really like him. I think his movement is getting better but something about his play is just overly languid and lacking in urgency for a forward. He looks like he just needs a change of pace. Literally and otherwise.

Exactly. He needs a bit more pressure on him to score and he's not going to get that in LA while he plays second fiddle to Keane and Dos Santos.

He could have had a hat trick last night, Jozy kept serving the ball up on a silver platter for him but he was never able to finish it. The two of them played well together, it was just a matter of finishing.

I just think he's gotten all he's going to get from LA for the time being.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Manneh is a winger dude. We could definitely use more of those though, we are super weak on the wings outside of Fab.

Sounders are really desperate for some young blood it looks like, not that Morris isn't worth it.

Holy shit, that injury!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For real though, legs are not supposed to bend that way. That had to be one of the most painful looking injuries I have seen.

Copa America 2016 venues:

3NQml1Z.png

cruets

The US isn't in the tournament? What the fuck?

usssoccer.com

From CONCACAF, host United States and Mexico are automatic qualifiers, while Costa Rica (2014 Central American Cup winner) and Jamaica (2014 CFU Caribbean Cup winner) qualified with regional championships last year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
usssoccer.com

From CONCACAF, host United States and Mexico are automatic qualifiers, while Costa Rica (2014 Central American Cup winner) and Jamaica (2014 CFU Caribbean Cup winner) qualified with regional championships last year.

Then what the fuck is he on about?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chicago needs to clean that entire house out. Hopefully they'll get someone good for coach. Safe money is on Petke or Kries.

LA's stuck in a pretty shitty spot unless Omar's willing to take a paycut for the remainder of Gerrard's time, which is like a year.

Azuran

Banned
Chicago needs to clean that entire house out. Hopefully they'll get someone good for coach. Safe money is on Petke or Kries.

LA's stuck in a pretty shitty spot unless Omar's willing to take a paycut for the remainder of Gerrard's time, which is like a year.

Perfect time for the league to create a brand new rule then.

Top Bottom