• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to cave in and got Robin and Palutena earlier today for about less than $16 for each of them on Amazon Imports.

Now to hope that Pit and Lucina are getting restocked with Ike.

Majestad

Banned
What are the chances of finding my boy Mewtwo easily this Friday at a store? Nintendo seems like it got way better at having enough stock since the previous wave.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I'm hearing, the TRU reprint of Villager is yet ANOTHER redesign, possibly making it the third version of the character. Here's a large image from Reddit showing the three versions. It almost looks like the eyes were brought up a little bit &/or were made a tad bigger so it doesn't look like he has a large forehead.

yeah, definitely feels like overkill.

Yeah the animal crossing ones are the overkill for me haha, smash line x dawwwww yoshi and that's it

I still think the original villager is best design , reprint has the big ass forehead but it was great to walk in at like 4 pm and buy one
Hope GameStop has a ton of ikes

Marvie_3

Banned
From what I'm hearing, the TRU reprint of Villager is yet ANOTHER redesign, possibly making it the third version of the character. Here's a large image from Reddit showing the three versions. It almost looks like the eyes were brought up a little bit &/or were made a tad bigger so it doesn't look like he has a large forehead.
I thought I was just crazy in thinking it looked a little different when I picked up one for a friend yesterday.

Zalman

The Animal Crossing amiibo look ace. Excited for the future of amiibo now that we're more or less done with the Smash line.

CTZYc20UcAABn9P.jpg:large

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The Animal Crossing amiibo look ace. Excited for the future of amiibo now that we're more or less done with the Smash line.

CTZYc20UcAABn9P.jpg:large

I sure hope Walmart.com mails them out soon! But since they don't use USPS, I'll get it sometime at the end of next week. If I pick up my bundle at GS early enough (after my TRU run for Yoshi), then I might just get the individual Amiibos there and return the Walmart ones later.

jmizzal

Just came in target waiting on my girlfriend wasn't gonna buy anything came to the game section and saw Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo and then the one I been waiting on Gannondorf lol I grabbed that quickly.

I haven't seen Gannondorf anywhere before not even online I'm so happy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll keep trying on Mewtwo on Best Buy. Wanna get him for a friend, so found it weird it kept saying my cart was empty.

Why is there still so much confusion surrounding the animal crossing amiibo and whether or not the amiibo will be released seperate from the game when the game isnt even being released outside of the bundle...

Local TRU has boxes of him ready for Friday, and Best Buy is getting over 20 of him. Though that is low compare to other recent stuff, like the 100 or so TRU got of the 3 pack and Villager.

Mewtwo also isnt an exclusive so the stock is being spread to multiple different retailers thats why non exclusive amiibo numbers look small compared to exclusive amiibo.

Chase17

Will I be able to order Mewtwo on Amazon? Have they mentioned anything about it? I think last wave they put up the amiibo on the day of release.

Having never seen a Villager amiibo out in the wild since release, I finally not only saw 5 of them at TRU, but actually have one! I can't believe it! He looks so good! So happy I resisted ebay and the like.

Do we know the dates for the rest of the Animal Crossing Amiibo line yet, outside of the game bundle and Lottie?
Friday.

Having never seen a Villager amiibo out in the wild since release, I finally not only saw 5 of them at TRU, but actually have one! I can't believe it! He looks so good! So happy I resisted ebay and the like.

Friday.

he is talking about the 4 that are announced for animal crossing wave 2 and the only information we have is the japanese release date which is december 17th expect them for us in january.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, friend got me a Villager, so probably will get him next week, not long before getting Falco in the mail.

Hoping Wario gets reprinted this month, but Robin & Lucina will probably take a while until FE Fates is out....or we get amiibo support for that SMT x FE game.

Noticed the Toys R Us holiday Catalog has Mega Yarn Yoshi with a disclaimer stating "Minimum 18 per store"

Dunno if I want to get up that early to try for this...especially is some asshat manager lets guy #1 buy all 18 at once.

RomanceDawn

I remember seeing Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in stores around Smash's release. I didn't care and only wanted my 3 Smash mains, DK, Bowser and Charizard. As soon as people started going nuts and there was a shortage I got sucked into the hype.

Of the entire darn near 60 character Smash cast I am short about 16 Amiibos and 'm not sure if I'm happy or sickened by myself.

Koppai

We got Green Yarn Yoshis, Animal Crossing Amiibo Party bundles, Tom Nook, and Mabel, and Mewtwo amiibo in at work. Best Buys seem to be getting random amounts of Mewtwo though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does anyone know what amiibo are under Palutena in Woolly World? There's 2 slots there.
On the webpage or the game itself? For some reason, the order of the skins depends on the order to which you scan the amiibo, which is a bit of a pain when you wish they'd be in order of series & such.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Glad I have no desire for the AC line-up.

As of now, the only ones I'm missing/want are Toon Link, Wario, Robin, & Lucina, plus maybe Modern Color 8-bit Mario, but I'd rather get the others first. I don't care for the Pokemon ones, especially seeing how limited they are in functionality (though I might get Pikachu, Charizard, & Mewtwo down the line since I have nostalgia for them when I was a kid).

& for future amiibo, Falco's taken care of, leaving only Shovel Knight, Lucas, Roy, & Ryu.

Recounted, I have 43 amiibo, with Villager making 44 & Falco 45 once I get them. To think I'm going to hit 50 sometime next year.

Why is there still so much confusion surrounding the animal crossing amiibo and whether or not the amiibo will be released seperate from the game when the game isnt even being released outside of the bundle...

I think it stems from retailers listing different versions early on, and it was hard to tell what things were bundles (in relation to amiibo festival, and stuff like Chibi Robo). It also seems a bit bizarre to have the game be essentially regular game retail price but with two amiibo and cards. That alone should have bumped the price to like $70.

I remember seeing Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in stores around Smash's release. I didn't care and only wanted my 3 Smash mains, DK, Bowser and Charizard. As soon as people started going nuts and there was a shortage I got sucked into the hype.

Of the entire darn near 60 character Smash cast I am short about 16 Amiibos and 'm not sure if I'm happy or sickened by myself.

Sickened but happy! I was in the same boat, but a friend at TRU let me know there were low amounts of some of the characters at launch so I should think about getting them. I picked up Marth and Villager for less than $10 on Smash launch day (plus Dong) so that was a good start for me. How naive I was thinking that the amiibo would be like Skylanders where there's plenty of sales. Honestly I was hoping to only pick up my favs and get the others during sales and such but that went out the window when the Holy Trinity became rare and everyone went into mass panic mode.

What are we thinking for stock numbers of the AC amiibo? Is it a camping situation or no?
Hopefully they'll be well stocked. The last few "waves' have been pretty decent stock wise, and I think a lot of people are getting out of the amiibo game after Smash. I think there will still be very brisk sales (I haven't seen any cards in stores for weeks). Hopefully it'll be like Toad/Bowser where they were a little uncommon for a while but restocks picked it back up. All of the AC guys are pretty basic in shape and color so I don't think they'll have trouble producing a bunch of them quickly compared to like Yarn Yoshi/complex characters.

By the way, for those of you on the fence or interesting in Amiibolanders, Target's Black Friday ad was leaked and Skylanders Superchargers Starter Packs are gonna be on sale for $34.99. The Wii U version comes with Dong and his Barrel Blaster and 3DS/Wii comes with Bowser and his Clown Car...plane. I'm not sure if the Dark Editions are also part of this deal though. Unfortunately, Target opens at 6 PM on Thanksgiving so good luck. I went last year to get it when we were out of town and there were not many left...if people have the same plan this year, it could be a bit touch and go.

Personally speaking for those with both consoles and/or an interest in the Amiibolanders, I would say to go for the Wii U version now and wait til next year for price drops on the 3DS/Wii version. Those ones usually don't sell as well or they reduce the price more compared to the regular console versions. There's often a deal of some sort during the summer that will allow you to likely walk away with the game for $20 or so.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Ok I'm really at the end of the line for these Amiibos so I want to unload my extras. Here is what I have left:
  • Ganon (JP)
  • Lucina (EU)
  • Greninja (JPN)
  • Greninja (EU)
  • Ness (EU)
  • Zero Suit Samus (JP)

$12 each + shipping. I'll sweeten the deal and do buy 2 get the 3rd for 50% off. So $30 for any 3.

ChrisD

I'm short.... I think seven now, to have the entire Smash collection.

I'm definitely sickened, but only because I have the thought of, "may as well buy them all at this point!" And that's when you really look back at how much the entire collection cost.
It's a joy to see them on the shelf, in their mixed glory of some open, some sealed. But it's like, shoot man, that was a lot of money.

Ok I'm really at the end of the line for these Amiibos so I want to unload my extras. Here is what I have left:
  • Ganon (JP)
  • Lucina (EU)
  • Greninja (JPN)
  • Greninja (EU)
  • Ness (EU)
  • Zero Suit Samus (JP)

$12 each + shipping. I'll sweeten the deal and do buy 2 get the 3rd for 50% off. So $30 for any 3.

Are you still selling Lucina?

Thoraxes

I think i'm gonna go for all the AC amiibos.

If I miss out on one, i'll just get the Nook and K.K. Slider one (maybe an import or something for K.K. separately, idk).

KingBroly

Banned
On the webpage or the game itself? For some reason, the order of the skins depends on the order to which you scan the amiibo, which is a bit of a pain when you wish they'd be in order of series & such.

In-game

I suppose a list would suffice then, because I'm missing two, apparently. I'm guessing one is Falco. Dunno about the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom