• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

this is unlike Nintendo to send out review copies only 2 days from release is there an embargo with it curious if nintendo is hiding any other modes from us.

There is no review embargo on the title in place. I can capture 30mins of gameplay and stream 30mins of gameplay. Will be booting the game up momentarily and getting some gameplay footage captured to share. What are the known modes, right now?

There is no review embargo on the title in place. I can capture 30mins of gameplay and stream 30mins of gameplay. Will be booting the game up momentarily and getting some gameplay footage captured to share. What are the known modes, right now?

Game board mode (they on we see the most in trailers)
Desert Island Escape
Quiz show
Minigames (not sure if its a new mode)

Those 3 (4) are the known modes.

Boogiepop

i have watched that trailer before it showed quiz show, desert island escape and some minigames but we alreayd new about minigames.

I mean, they're listed the same way in the trailer and seem to have similar map icons compared to the Quiz and Desert Island games on the hub map, so I'd personally consider them similar entities until there's reason to think otherwise. They just haven't gotten the same focus as those other two did (I believe it was a hands-on from GameExplain or something that gave us a more in-depth look at those modes?)

NateDrake

I mean, they're listed the same way in the trailer and seem to have similar map icons compared to the Quiz and Desert Island games on the hub map, so I'd personally consider them similar entities until there's reason to think otherwise. They just haven't gotten the same focus as those other two did (I believe it was a hands-on from GameExplain or something that gave us a more in-depth look at those modes?)

Based on the insert that comes with the game, there are three modes. There are mini-games and such in the modes. I'm uploading 10mins of footage shortly from the Game Board Mode that shows a couple of mini-games and random events that occur. I'll capture the other modes tonight once I get the opportunity as I want to dive into Mario Tennis a bit as well.

Based on the insert that comes with the game, there are three modes. There are mini-games and such in the modes. I'm uploading 10mins of footage shortly from the Game Board Mode that shows a couple of mini-games and random events that occur. I'll capture the other modes tonight once I get the opportunity as I want to dive into Mario Tennis a bit as well.

Sweet keep us updated :)

89HANHg.gif

when the Mega Man amiibo unlocks a Mega Man costume for Mighty no9 the whole thing is going to eat it's own tail and become an ouroboros of super fighting robots

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD, I WAS JOKING ABOUT AMIIBO ON BLACK FRIDAY.

Why did you take me seriously, Nintendo?!?!

At the very least, Walmart's exclusives have only been Mario, but a different color.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
OH GOD, I WAS JOKING ABOUT AMIIBO ON BLACK FRIDAY.

Why did you take me seriously, Nintendo?!?!

They wanted to make us angry v_v... Let's hope that someone finds a website placement like a day before... just so we don't have to physically go into the zoo of madness :/

Nighteater

Neo Member
Modern 8-bit Mario was the first amiibo I imported, and I'm glad I made the right decision. No way I'm fighting soccer moms for one on black friday.

G0523

You guys know you can get one from Amazon third-party sellers, right? It's around $20 and you can even use Prime so you'll get it faster! Granted, these are the Japanese version but it's still better than going to Walmart on Black Friday for it.

Skrams

Does anyone even still think that anymore? Especially with the 3-packs ruining carefully planned lineups.

I only started getting invested in amiibo during whatever wave Robin/Lucina/Splatoon was. I'm on track for full NA as I only need 9 or so more for Smash. It's an OCD thing I guess, but I don't see any point in just importing now when I'm already this close. Nintendo seems to be smart about reprints too, so I'll eventually get them all if I give it time. I also don't feel like paying $15+ when I don't have amazon prime and I'm already trying to be more conservative with my money.

NateDrake

Game board mode (they on we see the most in trailers)
Desert Island Escape
Quiz show
Minigames (not sure if its a new mode)

Those 3 (4) are the known modes.

To expand on this: here are the modes I've seen so far (the insert was misleading). These require Animal Crossing cards to play. Some only need one, others need several.

Acorn Chase
Mystery Campers
Balloon Battle
Quiz Show
Fruit Path
amiibo Card Battle
Desert Island Escape
Resetti Bop

Does anyone even still think that anymore? Especially with the 3-packs ruining carefully planned lineups.

Yep, NA mint-in-box or bust!

Just ordered Green Yarn Yoshi at Best Buy with GCU for in-store pickup Friday. I've been trying to do the same for Mewtwo but my store isn't listed. Guess I'll have to stalk Target that morning since I need 3 Mewtwo (and two Falco next week). Not looking forward to GameStop and Walmart on BF but I'll be there for Ike and Modern Mario.

Shoyz

So is there any confirmation of Villager's function in Amiibo Festival? I was hoping you could use it to play as (a) Villager (like without an amiibo at all) but letting you save happiness points to it. But I'm guessing he does nothing.

I'm getting release day delivery on the game but the figures are estimated 17th. Gonna stink having to play Digby or getting no amiibo progression until then.

KingBroly

Banned
To expand on this: here are the modes I've seen so far (the insert was misleading). These require Animal Crossing cards to play. Some only need one, others need several.

Acorn Chase
Mystery Campers
Balloon Battle
Quiz Show
Fruit Path
amiibo Card Battle
Desert Island Escape
Resetti Bop

Do you need more than the 3 they provide for you?

Acorn Chase
Mystery Campers
Balloon Battle
Quiz Show
Fruit Path
amiibo Card Battle
Desert Island Escape
Resetti Bop

thanks! there is way more modes then i thought there would be o.0

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Boogiepop

Well, my Mabel shipped from Best Buy. Now I just need Tom Nook and the three pack to ship...

Also still need them to refund me the shipping I shouldn't have been charged for Mewtwo (and shouldn't be charged for the three pack).

Edit: Three pack shipped. Now I just need Nook...

Edit x2: Nook shipped. So I just need to fix the shipping, and then all I need to worry about for now is Mega Yoshi and Lottie...

Draxal

Have Fami rob incoming tomorrow, and have all the ac preordered at Best Buy + Mewtwo/ and Falco next week.

Mega Yoshi is the only one I need to worry about.

Bought Famicon ROB on amazon after I found out about the different colored Yoshi in Wooly World lmao. But he's not coming til December....

I just bought SuperChargers from TRU, all normal starter packs are on sale, TODAY ONLY for $39.99. Here's some more of their stuff.

That's a steal if you were gonna wait at Target for the starter pack (which would be about $5 less) So this way you dont have to fight with people in line and can stay at home with your disgusting relatives more!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how much amiibo news should we hear about in the Direct? Maybe some info about the Roy, Lucas, & Ryu release windows/dates?

.....possibly Star Fox Zero amiibo, i.e. that Arwing amiibo Miyamoto wanted to make.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing to update the OP with yet, but I'm sure he's monitoring the situation closely.

Unless he's entered the Diggehsleep, in which case, someone will need to post something lewd in LINEchat to summon him.

[edit] welp

To be fair, I do need to make Lottie Target exclusive and take out the bundle exclusive for Modern Mario, but I wanted to wait for the Direct first. They'll probably announce like 10 new lines and it'll take me another few hours to fix the OT for the 100th time and help

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, I do need to make Lottie Target exclusive and take out the bundle exclusive for Modern Mario, but I wanted to wait for the Direct first. They'll probably announce like 10 new lines and it'll take me another few hours to fix the OT for the 100th time and help

Yeah it's best to wait. Personally, I hope that Amiibos get a break for just a little bit :x Or at least, don't have a new release for a few months (but we all know that won't happen...)

not looking forward to tomorrow gotta pick up alot

Mewtwo
Amiibo Festival
Animal Crossing 3 pack
Tom Nook
Mabel
Green Yarn yoshi

My wallet hurts days like this :(

So how much amiibo news should we hear about in the Direct? Maybe some info about the Roy, Lucas, & Ryu release windows/dates?

.....possibly Star Fox Zero amiibo, i.e. that Arwing amiibo Miyamoto wanted to make.

I would say we should definitely hear about amiibo support for Star Fox, as well as Tennis (and maybe reveals of figures for both of them) we should also hear about wave 2 cards and when we can expect to see them.

Besides that, hopefully launch news of the dlc figures and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom