• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And the best territory for the Xbox on a per capita basis is.... Canada!

Azih

Of course this isn't saying that Xbox is more popular than PS2, it's just saying that the # of Xboxs per Canadian is higher than any other nationality.

explodet

The three-way console race is closer in Canada - the PS2 is still far ahead, but not by the same margin as in the US - Canadians took to the Xbox very well thanks in part to some kickin' bundles. The Cube is doing all right for itself as well, it's so damn cheap, and Canada was Nintendo country last gen. I believe the GBA isn't as popular here, though.

This is admittedly all anecdotal though, I have no hard evidence.

(nobody bothers to leak NPD Canada numbers)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
this is because of that zellers commercial where the employee tells the thugged out white kid and his mom "the xbox has a 733 mhz microprocessor...that means it's good!"

explodet

jooey said:
this is because of that zellers commercial where the employee tells the thugged out white kid and his mom "the xbox has a 733 mhz microprocessor...that means it's good!"
Personally, I wanted to slap everyone in that commercial!

Fifty

jooey said:

Oh man.....lol......that was so awful.

Dyne

Old news! =o

Sheesh, even my little brother's fat friend has an Xbox. It's crazy up here.

Yeah, that Zellers commercial made me cry at night.

FightyF

Banned
One year after its launch, the Xbox had 33% of the next gen market, and this was before Live was released.

It's all coz of this guy:
RyanMugford.jpg

Marketing Manager Xbox Canada

He's a cool guy. Very enthusiastic about games on all consoles and knows his stuff.

Kon Tiki

Banned
jooey said:

I love how he had the XBL headset onin the store.

Deg

Banned
Here's what i found:

That's part of the Canadian snapshot that emerged from last week's E3 influential video and computer game trade show in Los Angeles. There are between 2.6 million and 2.7 million PlayStation 2 consoles in Canada. Nintendo boasts some 650,000 GameCubes and a total of 1.6 million portable units - combining Game Boy Advance SP and its Game Boy Advance predecessor.

Xbox doesn't break down its numbers but says, on a per capita basis, Canada is its No. 1 market globally.

FightyF

Banned
I love how he had the XBL headset onin the store.

Actually my bro used to work at Zellers and had to wear a headset for customer service purposes.

Now if it actually was a Live headset used in the ad, that would be lame.

neptunes

it figures, though.

My friends either have Xbox or ps2.

I'm like the only GC owner within 3 square-miles of my house.

Fularu

Banned
neptunes said:
it figures, though.

My friends either have Xbox or ps2.

I'm like the only GC owner within 3 square-miles of my house.

NPD Canada said, last december (on the old forum) that xbox and gcs were even in canada

neptunes

Fularu said:
NPD Canada said, last december (on the old forum) that xbox and gcs were even in canada

but npd's don't include wal-mart, not like that matters anyway.

I feel like an outcast.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
matmania.gif

Bishop is my hero. Still the best playing Wrestling game evar.

P90

davis said:
Just like when we are at war Canada is insignificant.

they know beer and hockey thats about it!

No. Sam Adams (I won't even get into European beers) >>>> then any Canadian beer. When was the last time a Canadian team won the SC? Sorry, salt in old wounds. Poor, poor Leafs.

Kon Tiki

Banned
P90 said:
No. Sam Adams (I won't even get into European beers) >>>> then any Canadian beer. When was the last time a Canadian team won the SC? Sorry, salt in old wounds. Poor, poor Leafs.

A Canadian based franchise? Or a team full of Canadians?

Laurent

P90 said:
If you haven't taste Unibroue beer, you don't know what you're talking about! I have drank Sam Adams while visiting Colorado... A fine beer indeed, but no match for La Maudite or La Fin du Monde...

Laurent said:
If you haven't taste Unibroue beer, you don't know what you're talking about! I have drank Sam Adams while visiting Colorado... A fine beer indeed, but no match for La Maudite or La Fin du Monde...

This guy speaks the truth! I fancy some La Maudite myself!

Top Bottom