• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's true, he does.

Also Coppy I'm gonna start that thing you asked me tomorrow. (unf unf unf)

Toshiba Excite Pro review: An unstable tablet not worth $500

The good: The Toshiba Excite Pro features an incredibly sharp screen, includes expandable storage through microSD, and has a sharp 8-megapixel back camera.

The bad: The tablet sputters and freezes far too often and heats up far beyond comfort when playing games or streaming video. It also shuts down on occasion for no apparent reason. The price is far too high given the performance issues.

The bottom line: The Toshiba Excite Pro is far too expensive to justify its buggy user experience.
wow.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sounds like a Nexus 10 to me.

Seriously, Nexus 10 owners. Is it just me? Should I get a replacement? Or does this POS randomly freeze and lockup normally? Possibly because of Chrome.

Esqueleto

Banned
Seriously, Nexus 10 owners. Is it just me? Should I get a replacement? Or does this POS randomly freeze and lockup normally? Possibly because of Chrome.

I'd install a custom rom + kernel and stay away from that battery sucking POS browser. 4.3 helped a bit but it still locks up every now and then. Makes me want to install CM again.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'd install a custom rom + kernel and stay away from that battery sucking POS browser. 4.3 helped a bit but it still locks up every now and then. Makes me want to install CM again.

I'm running CM. I guess random reboots are a standard feature :/

TehPabz

You can only have one type of lock screen. Slide, pattern, face, pin, password, none, ect.

As for weather.... I was only on TW for a few hours. I'm pretty sure you can have weather info, as long as you use a slide to unlock lock screen (the default one) I rooted mine and installed a custom ROM the night I got it. CM let's you display weather

sweet thank you i will look into it at the xda forums. I recently switched from ios to android which is still kinda new to me. :p more scarier then a one click jailbreak thats for sure lol.

Salsa

Reposting from s3 thread, i know its not software related but not sure where else to ask:

Hey guys, just got an s3. Question tho: I got what appears to be a pretty.. blotchy unit, in terms of those dark ink-like spots in amoled screens

my question is: this is super common, right? As in, if i go for a replacement chances are ill end up with the same or worse?

as with other reports on this thing, its only really noticeable on Black screens when on a dark room, but it doesnt stop it for bothering me when playing superbrothers in bed, heh

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Reposting from s3 thread, i know its not software related but not sure where else to ask:

Hey guys, just got an s3. Question tho: I got what appears to be a pretty.. blotchy unit, in terms of those dark ink-like spots in amoled screens

my question is: this is super common, right? As in, if i go for a replacement chances are ill end up with the same or worse?

as with other reports on this thing, its only really noticeable on Black screens when on a dark room, but it doesnt stop it for bothering me when playing superbrothers in bed, heh

I have the same thing on my 1020, thinking of returning it as well. Can't recall this issue from my old Focus S.

gcubed

so is brett in the g+ android group?

---

also gcube did you make it over to the worst coast in one piece

Best coast arrival is Aug 29th, spent the last week's getting my house ready to sell and packing/throwing out a ton of shit. Also found out recently that besides a move across the country there is a little gcubed on the way

Groof

Best coast arrival is Aug 29th, spent the last week's getting my house ready to sell and packing/throwing out a ton of shit. Also found out recently that besides a move across the country there is a little gcubed on the way

Damn! Congrats man.

gcubed

Thanks guys! I figure life will settle down eventually, just happens that almost every life change you can make is happening currently!

-PXG-

You should do clean installs, format dalvik cache and fix permissions to avoid reboots and bootloops. Don't fuck around with kernels, over clocking or under volting unless you know what you're doing, that you've tested the ROM's stock kernel and actually made sure the ROM itself is good

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

gsquared?

Congrated!

-PXG-

6jUDsYD.jpg

l3RTHY9.jpg

Cpi8Fec.jpg

Icons

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=nox+icons

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like the idea, but I think the wallpaper is just a tad to busy for my tastes on a phone. Looks good overall though!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As said above these same complaints could be said about the current Nexus 10, and that isn't Tegra based. Sadly it just seems to be an issue in larger tablets across the board trying to get high performance. Hell even the iPad had complaints of this.

malfcn

Just had it happen again. On the play store and some icon popped up and disappeared after saying Google had an offer for me.

Salsa

I have the same thing on my 1020, thinking of returning it as well. Can't recall this issue from my old Focus S.

Ive been reading that its not really recomendé as its just luck of the draw on how bad yours can be. I even picture a scenario where I take it to warranty and they see nothing wrong with it

-PXG-

Yo..AOSP Browser. It would like, ya know, be really great if you opened new tabs in the background instead of making me have to minimize the new page and select the previous one.

Thanks. Other that, keep being awesome.

Any feedback on what the best launcher is? I'm having trouble deciding on what to use on my new Nexus 7.

Nova. if you want something that's 'stock but better' then it's Nova.

alternatively, try something a bit different like Action Launcher or Next Launcher 3D or something...

Yo..AOSP Browser. It would like, ya know, be really great if you opened new tabs in the background instead of making me have to minimize the new page and select the previous one.

Thanks. Other that, keep being awesome.

isn't there a checkbox in settings to open in background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom