• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

I don't think it will ever happen. Google isn't interested in them (tasty, tasty) hardware bucks.

If I'm going to be honest I don't think it'll happen for a long time either. However, I do believe that someday Google will just use Motorola for their Nexus hardware and erase the Motorola brand from them, calling them pure Google hardware.

If I'm going to be honest I don't think it'll happen for a long time either. However, I do believe that someday Google will just use Motorola for their Nexus hardware and erase the Motorola brand from them, calling them pure Google hardware.

The very next day Samsung will launch Galaxy OS and Sony Xperia OS.

MiKeD

Banned
So I'm thinking about going with another Xperia, mainly because not all phones that people have recommended earlier are available in my area and don't really have any intent in purchasing one online after the kind of problems my sis had.

Anyway, it's between the M, L and T:

M is the cheapest, but still isn't out here yet. The people at the store had no idea when they would get, but a release should be really close. €230

T costs €350, but I get €100 cashback from Sony. Almost a year old now, though and I'm not really sold on large sized phones.

L would set me back €270. Pretty recent phone, but it's a bit over my already increased budget. Looks good though.

Which one, help me please. I literally got no experience with smartphones.

SimleuqiR

lg-nexus-5-blanc.jpg

To me the above looks like a shell. It seems to wrap itself (not too tightly I might add) to a smaller black slab, which I believe to be the real Nexus design.

Also, if this is indeed the new Nexus under sheepskin, it appears they have moved the power button to the left side. Right above the volume rocker keys.

So I'm thinking about going with another Xperia, mainly because not all phones that people have recommended earlier are available in my area and don't really have any intent in purchasing one online after the kind of problems my sis had.

Anyway, it's between the M, L and T:

M is the cheapest, but still isn't out here yet. The people at the store had no idea when they would get, but a release should be really close. €230

T costs €350, but I get €100 cashback from Sony. Almost a year old now, though and I'm not really sold on large sized phones.

L would set me back €270. Pretty recent phone, but it's a bit over my already increased budget. Looks good though.

Which one, help me please. I literally got no experience with smartphones.

Xperia M is out on the 26th of August in Europe.

SimleuqiR

As it should be. The rear volume keys are pretty stupid.

That's not what I meant. On the current Nexus 4, the power button is on the right and the volume keys are on the left.

But in any case, the shell seems to be almost floating on top of the phone. So who knows if those volume keys are even on the right side.

yyzjohn

Banned
I thought Moto was doing the Nexus 5?

I'm so confused

Two battling rumors about the Nexus 5. One says it'll be a new Motorola phone (not based on X Phone) and another rumor says it'll be based off the LG G2. Who will be right? Tune in October or November when all the deets will be revealed!

You're absolutely sure about that?
I could go a week with a non-smartphone if that's truly the case, but I absolutely despise Belgium and wouldn't be surprised if if would take even longer.

Hmm not sure about localities, but in the UK, France, Germany and Netherlands Xperia M is out on the 26th.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
A Sony executive in Japan basically confirmed a 4.x" version of their flagship platform (S800, 2GB RAM). Interview with Nikkei.

Q1 guys. CES reveal. The true mini Android flagship. It's coming.
So much talk about wanting a smaller flagship phone. Well, now people can finally put their money where their mouth is. Watch this phone bomb.

That's not what I meant. On the current Nexus 4, the power button is on the right and the volume keys are on the left.

But in any case, the shell seems to be almost floating on top of the phone. So who knows if those volume keys are even on the right side.

How would the screenshot function work? Seems strange.

So much talk about wanting a smaller flagship phone. Well, now people can finally put their money where their mouth is. Watch this phone bomb.

How would the screenshot function work? Seems strange.
Sony is about to prove a bunch of people wrong!

people take screenshots on a Nexus 7...

To be fair the note is probably gonna be $300 bones so I'd hope to get 32 gigs for that price!

didn't stop 'em the last 2 times.

Threi

notag
Thinking about getting a Nexus 7 Tablet tomorrow with some birthday money. Don't suppose there are any good writing apps available? Is the touch good enough to do some drawing? Any good apps for that?

Otherwise it'd mainly be an internet/game machine. No desire to watch TV or movies or take pictures on it. Worth it?
For drawing your best bet is a capacative stylus and SketchBookX. Not quite the best for drawing but i think its acceptable.

The N7 is great for web browsing, I use it more than both my desktop and my laptop nowadays. Also great for gaming (well as good as you will get with a touchscreen). Check out retroarch for console emulation.

gcubed

I want a Nexus 6 or 5.7

no you don't. AOSP Android isn't built to effectively use that screen real estate, thats why HTC is going to fail miserably with their large phone as well. The Note works because of Samsungs software on top of it... not because its a large screen only.

Searches LG Optimus L9 II....Budget phone. Baahhh!

There goes the "high end" at a really cheap price hope.
After the S4 and HTC one hit the play store I knew the Nexus phones will not be "high end" going forward.

For now, all signs point to me keeping the N4 a bit longer.

pretty sure evleaks was saying that device *wasn't* the Nexus 5 or a Nexus device period.

the naming of the actual device was so people could know what phone it was.

SimleuqiR

pretty sure evleaks was saying that device *wasn't* the Nexus 5 or a Nexus device period.

the naming of the actual device was so people could know what phone it was.

I read that wrong then. Sounded like they were stating what the Nexus 5 was going to be, and that Moto would be making the Nexus 4.

In any case, I'm not holding my breath. Don't think the next Nexus phone will be on par with the current lead devices (S4 and HTC One). Me thinks it will be just a tad underpowered. And if it is a Moto phone, then it will truly be mid-range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom