• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Jooooooooooohn V from phonearena got the wrong color on his Moto X:

BSDXtNVCIAEVPPV.jpg

Hellz yeah! My customized #MotoX just arrived. Strangely, the etching is missing. Anyone else? #Moto137 pic.twitter.com/B9weLWDvAu

gcubed

I read that wrong then. Sounded like they were stating what the Nexus 5 was going to be, and that Moto would be making the Nexus 4.

In any case, I'm not holding my breath. Don't think the next Nexus phone will be on par with the current lead devices (S4 and HTC One). Me thinks it will be just a tad underpowered. And if it is a Moto phone, then it will truly be mid-range.

If they are doing a Nexus 5 I dont see it being below an S600. Although I'm curious how they would go about pricing a Nexus 5 with a Moto X type Nexus 4, since the moto phone would be underpowered compared to the 5.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
In any case, I'm not holding my breath. Don't think the next Nexus phone will be on par with the current lead devices (S4 and HTC One).

Not a chance. The N4 already isn't too far off those two. If the N5 wasn't even on par with those two, no point to the phone.

yyzjohn

Banned
Not a chance. The N4 already isn't too far off those two. If the N5 wasn't even on par with those two, no point to the phone.

People seem to forget that when the Nexus 4 came out with the S4 Pro it was one of the better chips available at the time, why would they release a Nexus 5 a year later and not significantly improve upon the hardware? It should be better than the S4/HTC One.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
People seem to forget that when the Nexus 4 came out with the S4 Pro it was one of the better chips available at the time, why would they release a Nexus 5 a year later and not significantly improve upon the hardware? It should be better than the S4/HTC One.

Yup. Other than the camera and no LTE, the phone was top of the line. 2 GB RAM, great 720P screen, great build quality. Just a fantastic phone. I'd buy it again today.

SimleuqiR

Because Moto, that's why.

If they are doing a Nexus 5 I dont see it being below an S600. Although I'm curious how they would go about pricing a Nexus 5 with a Moto X type Nexus 4, since the moto phone would be underpowered compared to the 5.

They're targeting them at completely different audiences (contract/subsidized vs. off-contract/unsubsidized), so I don't see why the Nexus 5 can't be sold at a similar price point as the Nexus 4. (Though I'd imagine it will be a bit higher.)

In any case, I think it would be wise for Google to keep the Moto X out of the Play Store.

-PXG-

Another Google app gets the card treatment. I was wondering when it would arrive on YouTube.

So when KLP finally arrives, are we thinking that it will fully incorporate this card-based design scheme into the entire OS?

The dark design of the app drawer, menus, and such seems to increasingly clash with the design of their apps.

-PXG-

Another Google app gets the card treatment. I was wondering when it would arrive on YouTube.

So when KLP finally arrives, are we thinking that it fully incorporate this card-based design scheme into the entire OS?

The dark design of the app drawer, menus, and such seems to increasingly clash with the design of their apps.

I would like that. Plus more uniform, simple, flat icons. I hate the stock JB icons. The only problem s that Google loves whit and light gray. They just wanna kill our batteries, don't know?

GatorBait

So when KLP finally arrives, are we thinking that it will fully incorporate this card-based design scheme into the entire OS?

I think that is a foregone conclusion and I'm pretty happy about it. KLP is really bringing together the core of Android to have a sleek and consistent look. Card-based themes and slidable side-drawers for everyone!!!

At this point, what apps would even need a major overhaul? The gallery is in huge need of an update. Contacts/dialer, too. I can't think of much else major off the top of my head (I'm sure I'm missing something though).

I'm not even sure what I really want for KLP anymore... Let's get these legacy apps updated to the modern card theme, get SMS support in Hangouts so I can begin to put Google Voice to rest, and maybe unleash a ton of awesome new Google Now cards (anybody else notice they haven't made any substantial update in a while?). Other than that, I'm low on ideas.

I think that is a foregone conclusion and I'm pretty happy about it. KLP is really bringing together the core of Android to have a sleek and consistent look. Card-based themes and slidable side-drawers for everyone!!!

At this point, what apps would even need a major overhaul? The gallery is in huge need of an update. Contacts/dialer, too. I can't think of much else major off the top of my head (I'm sure I'm missing something though).

I'm not even sure what I really want for KLP anymore... Let's get these legacy apps updated to the modern card theme, get SMS support in Hangouts so I can begin to put Google Voice to rest, and maybe unleash a ton of awesome new Google Now cards (anybody else notice they haven't made any substantial update in a while?). Other than that, I'm low on ideas.

Changed the football (soccer) cards up in the UK now shows the number of games your team has played how many won, drawn, lost and the points total. During the game shows the score as well like before.

DonMigs85

I have an LG Optimus LTE LU6200 running stock Jellybean 4.1.2 and it's kinda laggy and CPU usage is always hovering around 50%. Is this normal?

Doopliss

I'm not a huge fan of the Youtube update. The cards look flat and feel static. They don't have any of the actions you might expect from a card such as swiping away or expanding to reveal more options, nor do they have any cool animations like the cards in Googles Now and +. Compared to the latter they also have more padding around them for some reason, lending to their bloated appearance. I think the previous feed views were much more elegant with the text and user icon overlaying the video thumbnail.

I also found myself foiled by weird app navigation twice in my short play-around. Firstly you can't open the navigation drawer while on a video screen, not even with an edge-swipe. Second, if you click on the uploader's channel while watching a video (thus minimising it) then press the back button, instead of maximising the video again it will take you back to whichever non-video screen you last viewed.

I am impressed by the animations when swiping the active video around. Not sure it's a feature I'll use much but it's hard to know without trying it out for a while.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
No need for a flesh light especially when your fiancee has more of a sex drive then you do. LoL :p

She did buy me the tablet as a gift though!

SimleuqiR

On the new YT app, The floating window shows your current YouTube vídeo being broadcast on your chromecast :-D

Also the remote functions seem more responsive.

zedge

Jooooooooooohn V from phonearena got the wrong color on his Moto X:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSDXtNVCIAEVPPV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seriously LOL'd

All these youtube guys have their own stchick.

"Whaaaaats up everyone!!.. This is John Rettinger from Techno Buffalo"

/kermit voice

:P

mmmm pics. The lack of pics of hardware when people get phones and stuff here is disturbing. If I get a nexus 5 you best believe there will be sexual angles and things.

Cipherr

Love it. The card style makes everything so much more readable. And the multitasking where you can minimize a video and keep it playing while doing other stuff is a significant improvement. Only thing Im missing is interaction with comments (thumbs up thumbs down etc on comments). I like how you can minimize a video then just swipe it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom