• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
People who talk up a 720P screen like it's better than a 1080P one baffle me. No, they're not at all better. And yes, they're noticeably different. The only win is battery life but just how much is it, really? Should have stuck a semi decent battery in the Xphone instead, too.
I've never used a phone with a 1080p screen so this is purely hypothetical, but I don't notice pixels on my Nexus 4, whereas I definitely notice how quickly the battery life dies, and so the latter is the bigger issue. Having a 1080p screen and a good battery life aren't inherently mutually exclusive, but I'd choose good battery life any day. Having a 1080p screen isn't a negative, but it seems unnecessary.

Groof

Android Prism sounds like something Sailor Moon would shout when she throws her phone at someone because she forgot her stupid tiara.

Zeppu

diorDNA is what you need to call the blog.

It's cool cause it has DNA in it.

The about page must have a list of hashtags per writer.
#TeamStock #TeamSoftwareButtons, #xfon, etc..

Any of these tags may be used as ad hominems by any other writer.

Zeppu

Need it as a header though.

5SZwOFA.png

this_guy

I've never used a phone with a 1080p screen so this is purely hypothetical, but I don't notice pixels on my Nexus 4, whereas I definitely notice how quickly the battery life dies, and so the latter is the bigger issue. Having a 1080p screen and a good battery life aren't inherently mutually exclusive, but I'd choose good battery life any day. Having a 1080p screen isn't a negative, but it seems unnecessary.

If you've never had a phone with a 1080p screen then what the hell are you talking about regarding bad battery? The Galaxy S4 and HTC One overall are known to have pretty good battery life. The question really shouldn't be about battery life on 1080 screen vs 720 screen. It's $199 on contract for a 1080 screen vs 720 screen.

Then Motorola X defenders go off about how specs don't matter but then really tout that Egypt off screen test.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
If you've never had a phone with a 1080p screen then what the hell are you talking about regarding bad battery? The Galaxy S4 and HTC One overall are known to have pretty good battery life. The question really shouldn't be about battery life on 1080 screen vs 720 screen. It's $199 on contract for a 1080 screen vs 720 screen.

Then Motorola X defenders go off about how specs don't matter but then really tout that Egypt off screen test.
I wasn't talking about any phone in particular, just which of the two features (a long battery life or a 1080p screen) I prefer, nor did I say that 1080p screens have a "bad" battery life. I'm not entirely sure what about my post got you so riled up.

this_guy

I wasn't talking about any phone in particular, just which of the two features (a long battery life or a 1080p screen) I prefer, nor did I say that 1080p screens have a "bad" battery life. I'm not entirely sure what about my post got you so riled up.

The post wasn't really directed at you, but at people who keep hawking the Motorola X. You're right - 1080 screens and battery life aren't mutually exclusive. I think a 720 screen is good enough, but I don't want to pay the same price as another phone that has a 1080 screen.

because the statement doesn't exist in a vacuum. the real choices are 1080p phones with great battery life and 720p phones with great or lower battery life that cost the same.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey BTW direct from Wordpress.com here is the info on the 2013 WP Theme...

Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
The main column width is 604
Widgets in the footer widget area are 245 wide.
The secondary sidebar width is 260.
The header image size is 1600 wide and 230 high.
The featured image and image post formats work best with images that are least 724 wide.

Gonna cross ask this from the HTC One thread seeing as that is slower. If I want to flash a custom ROM and it's asking me to wipe beforehand in AROMA, can I use TWRP wipe instead?

Arkanius

Gonna cross ask this from the HTC One thread seeing as that is slower. If I want to flash a custom ROM and it's asking me to wipe beforehand in AROMA, can I use TWRP wipe instead?

It's indiferent really but if it was me, I would wipe with TWRP. Don't really know if AROMA is that trustworthy in terms of not fucking something up

Hey BTW direct from Wordpress.com here is the info on the 2013 WP Theme...

Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
The main column width is 604
Widgets in the footer widget area are 245 wide.
The secondary sidebar width is 260.
The header image size is 1600 wide and 230 high.
The featured image and image post formats work best with images that are least 724 wide.

Possibly a bit late but if you need a filler header image: http://i.imgur.com/ihVusTp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom