• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

it's gonna explode when the other 3 major US carriers get Moto Maker. Wood Panelamania gonna run wild this Q4~!

$50 more for an under specced, under powered, wooden phone. Pass. People should just wait for the next Nexus device or those buying off contract, get a GE S4 or HTC One. Moto X is pure bunk.

I need your help, Android-GAF. I recently paired my Galaxy S3 with the PS3's YouTube app. Everything works fine, except the PS3 is listed twice in menu settings.

czPKuSw.png

How do I remove one of the options? I try holding it but nothing pops up. Thanks for your time and answers, guys.

kehs

Banned
I need your help, Android-GAF. I recently paired my Galaxy S3 with the PS3's YouTube app. Everything works fine, except the PS3 is listed twice in menu settings.

How do I remove one of the options? I try holding it but nothing pops up. Thanks for your time and answers, guys.

There's a "paired device" section inside of the youtube app settings.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Okay so here is the deal. I just threw up Groof‘s header just to have something.

If everyone who said they would try to make something would then post it here. Then whatever people like best I'll use. If we don't have a clear consensus I'll be the tie breaker

BTW Groof I like your design. Anyway you could clean up the lines on the left though? The white light beams look jaggie to me at the seams.

Also everyone who's pm me they want in should have their invite. If you didn't get it pm so I can resend.

Anyone else who wants in just pm your email addy. A lot of you regulars like Andrex and Unknown haven't gotten to me yet. :p

ag-my001

Just got this weird multi view thing that popped out of nowhere. Can't seem to find it I'm settings or applications. How do I get rid of it, or at least close it so it stops intruding on everything else?

Groof

Okay so here is the deal. I just threw up Groof‘s header just to have something.

If everyone who said they would try to make something would then post it here. Then whatever people like best I'll use. If we don't have a clear consensus I'll be the tie breaker

BTW Groof I like your design. Anyway you could clean up the lines on the left though? The white light beams look jaggie to me at the seams.

I'll give it a go tomorrow morning after I've gotten some sleep, unless someone does a better one during that time. In that case use that instead. I was thinking of making the white beam smaller anyway.
Now is time for slumberings.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hey guys I'm looking for a great Android tablet for me and my wife. We both have the HTC Evo 4G LTE phone, except mines has the Apex launcher installed.

What's the standard go to tablet right now. We want something that's at least 8.9 inches in size with good resolution and a good hardware keyboard that can be attached. I know what are the great goto phones when it comes to Android (S4, HTC One, Sony's new phone, etc) but tablets seem a bit harder to figure out.

Vanillalite

Hey guys I'm looking for a great Android tablet for me and my wife. We both have the HTC Evo 4G LTE phone, except mines has the Apex launcher installed.

What's the standard go to tablet right now. We want something that's at least 8.9 inches in size with good resolution and a good hardware keyboard that can be attached. I know what are the great goto phones when it comes to Android (S4, HTC One, Sony's new phone, etc) but tablets seem a bit harder to figure out.

Wait till the fall when the Nexus 10 refresh hits and buy that.

Conversely you could just buy his and her Nexus 7 2013 editions.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wait till the fall when the Nexus 10 refresh hits and buy that.

Conversely you could just buy his and her Nexus 7 2013 editions.
Is there any rumors on the Nexus 10 refresh? And is their any 3rd party keyboards that can be used with it?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Considering the way Google has supported the current N10, how sure are we that there will even be a refresh?

Man Android is terrible when it comes to how easy it is to send videos to someone compared to iOS. I'm surprised more people don't complain about it.

Vanillalite

Android Prism: The Run Down

Here are the GAF users that have signed up so far.

Kaeper
Bboy AJ
Jazzy Network
Groof
DrFunk
Divvy
Ephemeris
Talon
kinggroin

It's also worth noting Talon said he has a Journo background so he can be an editor.

I'd like to get at least one article up on the blog perday once we start going. It also might be nice to pick a topic each week and do an editor round table where everyone writes their own blurb on each weeks topic. So we could pick a topic for next week with the idea that we'd post the story next Friday meaning if you want in you'd need to have it done by Thursday night.

Also if any of you hooligans want to do a podcast we could add that to the site or if you do something video wise we could just link to the youtube video.

Try and keep it clean and professional even if we aren't exactly The Verge or Engadget. Groof said he'd edit the current banner in the morning and pm me a dropbox link when he is done. We are totally down for other tries though and Groof himself said take something else as it'll probably be better.

Everyone involved with the blog so far if you would be so kind as to post where you live at least in terms of the Country as it could give us an idea on our area the editors could cover. We could have EU people write articles pertaining to the EU, Canadians could write about the great white north, and USA peeps could write about USA happenings.

As for now I just made everyone an author on the site with me being the admin. That being said I'll probably bump Talon up to an editor. Anyone else genuinely want to be a site editor verses just a site author? Just let me know! I'm also down for any suggestions. So feel free!

I'd like variety of content ie news, reviews, general thoughts, and press event reactions. Don't forget to tag your posts. The more tags the better as it helps in terms of getting views and search hits.

Sorry if I suck at all of this as I've never run a big blog with a bunch of people before, and sorry if I haven't done much with the site yet. I planned on doing some stuff tonight, but the woman wanted to have some fun together. :p

Oh yeah also if you want to write a quick blurb about yourself we could add those to the about page.

/end ramblings for now

Talon

I also think it's important that we properly source whatever article we find back to the original source, rather than being Gizmodo and either completely ignoring the source or linking to some weird forum post.
People don't send videos to each other? Nobody uses mms? I didn't realize this. I did it all the time on iOS.
I use iOS daily (own an iPad mini and have an iPhone 5 as a work phone), and I can't really recall the last time I sent a video. Now photos I send all the time.

iavi

Android Prism: The Run Down

Here are the GAF users that have signed up so far.

Kaeper
Bboy AJ
Jazzy Network
Groof
DrFunk
Divvy
Ephemeris
Talon
kinggroin

It's also worth noting Talon said he has a Journo background so he can be an editor.

I'd like to get at least one article up on the blog perday once we start going. It also might be nice to pick a topic each week and do an editor round table where everyone writes their own blurb on each weeks topic. So we could pick a topic for next week with the idea that we'd post the story next Friday meaning if you want in you'd need to have it done by Thursday night.

Also if any of you hooligans want to do a podcast we could add that to the site or if you do something video wise we could just link to the youtube video.

Try and keep it clean and professional even if we aren't exactly The Verge or Engadget. Groof said he'd edit the current banner in the morning and pm me a dropbox link when he is done. We are totally down for other tries though and Groof himself said take something else as it'll probably be better.

Everyone involved with the blog so far if you would be so kind as to post where you live at least in terms of the Country as it could give us an idea on our area the editors could cover. We could have EU people write articles pertaining to the EU, Canadians could write about the great white north, and USA peeps could write about USA happenings.

As for now I just made everyone an author on the site with me being the admin. That being said I'll probably bump Talon up to an editor. Anyone else genuinely want to be a site editor verses just a site author? Just let me know! I'm also down for any suggestions. So feel free!

I'd like variety of content ie news, reviews, general thoughts, and press event reactions. Don't forget to tag your posts. The more tags the better as it helps in terms of getting views and search hits.

Sorry if I suck at all of this as I've never run a big blog with a bunch of people before, and sorry if I haven't done much with the site yet. I planned on doing some stuff tonight, but the woman wanted to have some fun together. :p

Oh yeah also if you want to write a quick blurb about yourself we could add those to the about page.

/end ramblings for now

If it's still open, I'd love to get in on the list.

Have you tried sending video via an IM program instead of mms? I use Whatsapp personally, but Hangouts etc all can do similar things IIRC.

I tried Whatsapp, but it complained it was too big. I think the receiving end are iPhone users, so I can't assume they're using Hangouts either. iPhone does automatic resizing and compression after you record the video; is there really no app that does this on Android? I just assumed it was such a basic standard thing to do that I didn't realize I had taken the functionality for granted.

Has anyone tried utter!? It seems pretty promising and it apparently added the always listening wake command like with the new Motorola phones.

Just downloaded it and went the through the tutorial.It works great. Not sure on battery usage yet but its not draining visibly.

Seems to have toooons more options than I thought.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Looks nice. This blog should be fun. I'm a US guy but living in Germany for now.

I'm getting sick of having to jump back and forth between my messaging app and say, my web browser. My N10 has the screen space. Let me run Hangouts on top of my browser. It's so annoying.

Vanillalite

I made a version with holo blues

And here's one with the other Holo colours:

@Brettison, I'm from Toronto Canada

I like the one with colors. It also means I can cancel the text I have and use the built in text on that header that is clear to read.

The rest of you Android n00bs need to get in on this. Remember if you want in PM me your email and I'll send you an invite!

J. Bravo

So my buddy just gave me his old Nexus One. It's a huge upgrade over my last phone (Blackberry Curve 8550), but already it has slowed down immensely compared to when I got it just a few days ago, and the battery life is absolute crap. Other than going to the Sprint store and getting a new battery, any suggestions to alleviate the issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom